Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Look like Shueisha got involved in income tax evasion or something.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

by the way, is it true that HxH is going to come back on October? (or is it just another false alarm)
Still unconfirmed. Don't lose hope, October is the most reasonable time for it to come back, assuming Togashi plans on doing any chapters this year -_-;
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Do the editors know the popularity poll result much earlier than us, or about same pace?
 

Ronin88

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 2, 2009
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Jump should do a One-Shot(s) of the manga(s) in Bakuman. I wonder if they will be popular? It will be fun to see it (i think that everytime i read bakuman every week lol).

@muwlove, Don't they like have an early poll or somethig? Its in bakuman.
 

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Jump should do a One-Shot(s) of the manga(s) in Bakuman. I wonder if they will be popular? It will be fun to see it (i think that everytime i read bakuman every week lol).
they really should!!! i would love that.
but probably after Bakuman finishes..... (and who knows? one of them might actually become a real manga if they get good popularity)
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

While getting the cover does make a series more visible, they're meant to sell more magazines. In theory more people will pick up a magazine with Naruto on the cover then, say, Ane Doki.
I understand that much but I was basically saying there would be no harm in Bakuman getting the cover it was suppose to rather than Naruto swiping it when it already has gotten several. Plus the one it will inevitably get when it is its official anniversary.

Plus like the other poster said, they may as well spam One Piece covers if the main purpose solely comes to which series will sell the most.

Not that I'm disagreeing with what you said, I just don't care for other series having things like this taken away by the giants in the magazine.

But I'd also be fine if Jump put models on the covers like Magazine does. :amuse
 

M-Hario

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2008
Messages
112
Reaction score
615
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

#39 HQ cover scanned by Agent007:



Moderator Notice:
Added, thanks~~~ Kaiten.Sama
 
Last edited by a moderator:

sir_arles

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2008
Messages
481
Reaction score
271
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I have a question.

I know that we get the scans of WSJ a few days before they are released in Japan, which is every monday, right?

But looking at this week cover I realised that It's supposed to be released the 7th of September, which is going to be 3 mondays from now, since we have the 24th and 31th of August between 07/09/2009.

So, is this some kind of date organization they have in WSJ which I don´t get, or what?

BTW, I've read the [Info] Shonen Jump/Jump SQ - FAQ and there It says:
Q: How about the RAWs found here?
A: The RAWs you find here are earlier than the Japanese market. For example, when you get a RAW for a title on Friday, that particular chapter is actually due out on the following Monday in the Japanese market.
So, I think I'm kinda confused @__@
 

Akiyama

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
3,256
Reaction score
5,752
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

If you look at last weeks cover it says 8 24.31 for August 24th and 31st and this one is 9.7 September 7th. That's how it always is, Think of it as you puts magazines that contain info about that week before it happens. Like you release January's issue of Time magazine in December because it contains information about January. To give people a heads up about that week or month you publish in advance.
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

The chapter this week comes from the issue to be released on the 24th of August, so I don't get what you mean.

Also OP had double spreads which made up for the less pages.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

All discussion of the length of this weeks chapter of One Piece has been deleted as off topic.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

After reading a latest chapter of To Love-Ru, I think it going to be finish on this round of cuts. Maybe, this time rumor about To Love-Ru going to end is true. Then, I think Medaka might be safe for this round because they are already two out confirmed (maybe), and I think Ane-Dokii going to replace To Love-Ru's place.

But, if there going to be 3 outs, then Medaka will be axed. How many people think their going to be 2 outs, or 3 outs?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Agreed on To Love Ru seemingly heading towards an end game. Although they have made us think that before so I guess we will see.

Having all of these unranked series finally starting their real ranking is what I look forward to.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

For the sake of those of us who don't read the thing, does it look like ToRa will end with the next cuts, presumably late August or early September, or with the final cuts of the year in late November or early December?
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

For the sake of those of us who don't read the thing, does it look like ToRa will end with the next cuts, presumably late August or early September, or with the final cuts of the year in late November or early December?
I think ToRa has a chance to be end in September, even the preview stating that it going to end, soon. But, there is still a chance that it can be extend until final round of cuts. So, I think we have to wait and see how the story goes on next few weeks.

I'm not really a big fan of ToRa, I'm only interested on whether Medaka will be axed or not.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Another possibility is that two series end within the next four weeks to make room for new series in mid - September while ToRa ends in early October to make way for Hunter x Hunters return.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

O how I hope To Love ends lol I have been wanting it to end for some time now
 

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

if ToLoveRU ends, i will start respecting WSJ again.
if they cut Medaka instead of TLR, i will hate WSJ even more...
interesting how Nurai managed to get itself out of the bottom spot before they cut series.... if it was few months ago, Nurai would have been long gone.
 

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Mago was never in danger because it has great sales. It is only a little lower than Toriko and was bigger than any new series other than Toriko or Bakuman. Mago is more like D.Gray-man, it was never a TOC power house albeit it can go really high sometimes, but it has great sales from beginning.The fact that I've heard non-WSJ buying public also read it even make it more similiar to D.Gray-man.
BTW, can anyone told me in what volume Reborn and D.Gray-man start hitting big? By big, I mean arround 500k-700k copies
 
Last edited:

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

if TLR should end and Himajin really stops doing spoilers we will be doomed, so yay for TLR <.<;
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top