Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I found it weird that akaboshi has been anounced to have it's first tank while Medaka with more chapters has not. Perhaps Medaka is going to be canceled in upcoming isues. I don't know if series that are cancelled so early get tanks but I wouldn't sell volumes of something unpopular.

>.> Medaka Box's tankobon did get announced for next month.
http://www.shonenjump.com/e/comics/next.html

"めだかボックス" is Medaka Box.
 
Last edited:

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

anyway that also proves my point they can be waiting for Medaka to finish so they can release everything in one volume.

While akaboshi having it's first volume now will last until they have enough content for 2 volumes
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Volumes of series that are around 18-25 pages per chapter usually have an average of 8 chapters each, so Medaka Box and Akaboshi will have already had enough content for two volumes by next week.
 
Last edited:

SameOld

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

[Cross];1551806 said:
Volumes of series that are around 18-25 pages per chapter usually have an average of 8 chapters each, so Medaka Box and Akaboshi will have already had enough content for two volumes by next week.
Not to mention they sometimes split volumes for canceled series, for whatever reason. Meister had ten chapters... in two volumes.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I read Shinigami and I definitely think it's better than the one-shot. It gave off a slight early Reborn! feel, not surprising considering the mangaka was Akira Amano's assistant from what I heard. And the already great art has improved! Sho Aimoto is definitely one of my favourite artists in Jump right now!
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

IMHO nothing else will be canceled until issue 52, 1, and 2. Jump has been working on cycles of about eight weeks between new series. Eight weeks from this week would be perfect timing to make room for the new series in issue 1, 2, and 3. If Hunter x Hunter returns next month then one series will be canceled in about three weeks.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

IF Hunter x Hunter returns...I guess we can dream :eyeroll
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

lol Togashi works in mysterious ways. If he doesn't return this fall that would be a full calendar year without a chapter. He's done it before but somehow I doubt his bosses would be happy if it happens again. And yeah, I'd really like some new chapters!
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

lol Togashi works in mysterious ways. If he doesn't return this fall that would be a full calendar year without a chapter. He's done it before but somehow I doubt his bosses would be happy if it happens again. And yeah, I'd really like some new chapters!
Same here, I was pretty pissed when he didn't return in the spring lol I had pretty much forgotten everything that had happened and had to re-read it more than once.
 

KuwabaraTheMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
897
Reaction score
46
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

lol Togashi works in mysterious ways. If he doesn't return this fall that would be a full calendar year without a chapter. He's done it before but somehow I doubt his bosses would be happy if it happens again. And yeah, I'd really like some new chapters!
More than that, there were almost two full years between chapters 260 and 261 (February 2006 to October 2007, a full 20 months). I honestly doubt his bosses would ever do anything against him, given his status as well as the huge sales Hunter x Hunter pulls. Hell, he could probably publish a chapter of the characters talking about how great Magazine and Sunday are.

I do really hope that we get some new chapters of it soon, though... He should have had enough time to beat Dragon Quest IX by now.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

At this point I'm very apathetic towards Hunter x Hunter. If Togashi doesn't give a damn about the fans I see no reason to give a damn about him.

I think I have most of the English volumes of the series come to think of it yet I feel nothing when I look at them and see that they might not be completed. Great series getting jerked around by a lazy mangaka.

[Cross];1551782 said:
>.> Medaka Box's tankobon did get announced for next month.
http://www.shonenjump.com/e/comics/next.html

"めだかボックス" is Medaka Box.
Ah, I'll have to keep a reminder to place my order for both Medaka and Toriko that month. ^____^

I'm actually interested to see how both of them do sales wise.
 

coinanmat

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2009
Messages
67
Reaction score
10
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

YAY! Bleach vol.41 comes out next month, I cant wait. I bet the cover will have Super! Hollow Ichigo xD.
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

YAY! Bleach vol.41 comes out next month, I cant wait. I bet the cover will have Super! Hollow Ichigo xD.
Probably is but considering how many Ichigo covers we have had, I rather it be Hallibel.

As for releases, usually after the fall releases, there aren't any new series until we get to the beginning of the next "year cycle". So it isn't too ridiculous to predict that there will be no changes at this point until we get to the beginning of the 2010 cycle...unless Togashi decides to return.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I've been wondering... why hasn't there been a Psyren vomic yet? Or a Sket or Mago vomic seeing as they've both had drama CDs announced? Inuyashi has one, which is pretty weird seeing as it sells less than those three (not sure about Psyren though).
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Probably is but considering how many Ichigo covers we have had, I rather it be Hallibel.
In 40 volumes we've only had 2, 3 if you count the inner hollow. But I see what you mean, everyone else only had one cover.

I've been wondering... why hasn't there been a Psyren vomic yet? Or a Sket or Mago vomic seeing as they've both had drama CDs announced? Inuyashi has one, which is pretty weird seeing as it sells less than those three (not sure about Psyren though).
Mind my asking, but what's a vomic? (voice comic?)
 
Last edited:

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Yep. A vomic is just as you said, a voice comic. The word reminds of vomit though...
 

coinanmat

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2009
Messages
67
Reaction score
10
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Probably is but considering how many Ichigo covers we have had, I rather it be Hallibel.

As for releases, usually after the fall releases, there aren't any new series until we get to the beginning of the next "year cycle". So it isn't too ridiculous to predict that there will be no changes at this point until we get to the beginning of the 2010 cycle...unless Togashi decides to return.
I wouldnt mind having Hallibel on the cover either.
 

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I don't know if this is correct, but from what i know, usually for a series before it get an anime, it's gets either a vomic or a drama CD, not both. The hit from beginning like Toriko or Beelze usually get vomic, while late bloomer like Mago or Sket get drama CD.
Although a series that has vomic can still get a drama CD after the anime air. For the late bloomer, drama CD is like a promotion. Psyren is not popular enough to warrant a vomic or drama CD
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

[Cross];1552570 said:
In 40 volumes we've only had 2, 3 if you count the inner hollow. But I see what you mean, everyone else only had one cover.



Mind my asking, but what's a vomic? (voice comic?)
Basically our count of multiples are:
-Ichigo: 2 (new Shinigami, Bankai...possibly 3 if you count the Hollow, 4 with Zangetsu which is an aspect of him)
-Orihime: 2 (intro, "departure")
-Shinji: 2 (modern, TBTP)
-Ulquiorra: 2 (regular, released)
-Grimmjow: 2 (regular, released)

Considering how few characters legitimately have a right to more than one cover and how many Ichigo has had, I sort of hope we get someone else.
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Psyren is not popular enough to warrant a vomic or drama CD
That's exactly why they should make one. Psyren's popularity could use a boost.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top