Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

coinanmat

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2009
Messages
67
Reaction score
10
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

^I would love to see Bakuman made into an anime but I dont remember hearing any news about that. The only news that came out was that Viz Media anounced at SDCC that it aquired the series and it will begin running in the English version of Shonen Jump sometime next year.
 

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Hi everyone, i am WSJ fan and i have some questions (sorry if you don't understand my English is not good ><)

1 ~ there's rumors or something about bakuman having an anime?
2 ~ when was the last gold future cup? (if it was along time ago no need to answer this)
3 ~ there will be a new manga in November? cuz i always visit WSJ site but there no new information :(
1. there was a rumor about Bakuman getting a live-action drama, but I haven't heard anything about an anime. i'm sure its going to happen soon.

2. i know the results came out last week. so i'm guessing it was one or two months ago.

3.
New series info:
2009-50: Neko Wappa
2009-51: By Asou Shuuichi (Author of Yuushagaku)
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

The winner of the Golden Cup was Metalica Metaluca. Golden Cup begins every August. There are no plans for a Bakuman anime, the drama rumors are false, none is imminent. The pilot for Toriko's anime is running as part of the Jump tour in Japan right now. Expect a series next year. Sket Dance and Mago have forthcoming Drama CD, crucial first steps towards getting an anime. Sket's may be on sale already.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I have a feeling like Asou's new work going to replace Inumaru. Ooishi's Mezon de Penguin was replaced by Asou's Yuushagaku, then Yuushagaku was also replaced by Inumaru. Also, those three series lasted little bit over a year. If this pattern is right, Inumaru had serialized for over little bit over year now, so it might go next.

But this is my guess, so I'm might be wrong.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

One more time for emphasis >.<

I am 99% certain Asou will not be doing a short gag series. His last series was not a short gag series. There is no reason to believe this one will be. Comedy yes. Eight pages, no. It will not be replacing Inumaru, it will not be replacing Waji. It and Neko are replacing Akaboshi. The end.

This is a serious warning and the only time I will say it: I will no longer tolerate untranslated or partially translated news posts. If the latter is exposed as a partial or misleading translation, it will be deleted. All untranslated news will be deleted. Members who can not read Japanese will be unable to participate in the discussion.
 
Last edited:

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

How long is it usually that Jump announce an anime adaptation before it airs?
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

New ToC's out, I guess...

ToC #49 (02/11):
Gintama (Cover & CP)
Naruto
One Piece
Bakuman
Nurarihyon no Mago
Inumaru dashi
Bleach
Beelzebub (CP)
Toriko
Psyren
Ane-doki
Reborn!
Sket Dance
Wajimania
Hokenshitsu no Shinigami
Kochikame
Kashikoi Ken Lilienthal
Kuroko no Basket
Medaka Box
Kagijin
Akaboshi (End)

Jaguar on break

New series next week: Neko Wappa
New series week after that: Shinseiki Idol Densetsu Kanata Seven Change Girochin no Masao-sensei
[新世紀アイドル伝説 彼方セブンチェンジ ギロチンのまさ大先生]

----

I'm not too sure about Asou-sensei's new series' title...the 彼方 which I transcribed "kanata" can be read in some different ways.
Translated it's something like: Legend of the New Century's Idol - Beyond Seven Change - Masao-sensei the Guillotine :tem
 
Last edited:

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Mago high again, very nice. Also glad about Bakuman and I'm not surprised it's high because it's based on the chapter where Trap got canceled, pretty much wham episode.
 
Last edited:

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Naruto beat One Piece again.

Bakuman and Mago in the top 5 again and Bleach knocked out of it this week. Reborn and Sket Dance are a bit lower this time. Reborn and Psyren are in the middle with Ane Doki. I'm glad for it so far. It would be nice if it does manage to last longer than Hatsukoi.

Shinigami is only one away from the bottom 5 since Kochikame doesn't really count. I wouldn't be surprised if we see it there next week. Poor Lilienthal had it worse than it though.

*Is happy to see Kuroko where it belongs but pissed at the color page it is getting*
 

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Hokenshitsu doesn't seem to be doing that well, although its not on bottom 5 yet. nice to see kochi moving down the ranks again. its been quite a while for kochi to be near the bottom 5.

interesting to see Kagijin not in last place for once :p
 

Estranho

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
282
Reaction score
74
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

New series week after that: Shinseiki Idol Densetsu Kanata Seven Change Girochin no Masao-sensei [新世紀アイドル伝説 彼方セブンチェンジ ギロチンのまさ大先生]
Is this only one serie's name? Or are there three series here?
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Is this only one serie's name? Or are there three series here?
It's one title...it's ridiculously long. I couldn't believe it at first. :tem
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Asou's new work's title is like gag series. When I saw first part of the title, I thought it was parody of Evangelion.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Foundway

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2008
Messages
133
Reaction score
55
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I´am now confused, is the new manga ..Kanata Seven Change.... a gag manga or not.

Then I want to ask, is Akaboshi the only one who got cancelled or are they more?
Secondly how many series did Jump announce new one or two?
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Naruto over One Piece...again.........bleh.

Mago and Bakuman beating Bleach is pretty awesome.

Ane Doki is doing much better while Rilienthal is pretty much gonna be a bottom dweller and I'm betting Shinigami will join it after Kagijin is killed off.

Neko Wappa just looks decent. Not expecting it too last long either.


I´am now confused, is the new manga ..Kanata Seven Change.... a gag manga or not.
Its not 100% known yet but chances are its not a gag because the author's last manga wasn't.

Then I want to ask, is Akaboshi the only one who got cancelled or are they more?
Secondly how many series did Jump announce new one or two?
Another manga will be canceled more than likely, probably Kagijin.

And so far they have annouced two new series.
 
Last edited:

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I´am now confused, is the new manga ..Kanata Seven Change.... a gag manga or not.

Then I want to ask, is Akaboshi the only one who got cancelled or are they more?
Secondly how many series did Jump announce new one or two?
Assume 20 page comedy until otherwise stated or Kaiten may lose his mind from going over this so many times. XD

Akaboshi is the only one canceled this week. Whether anything else gets canned remains to be seen.

Jump announced 2 series.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Its not 100% known yet but chances are its not a gag because the author's last manga wasn't.
Do you know what is the last work Asou wrote?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Do you what is the last work Asou wrote?
Yuushagaku, I believe. And though I have never read it, Kaiten continually states that it was not a short-gag manga. And I see no reason for him to be lying about it....
 

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Assume 20 page comedy until otherwise stated or Kaiten may lose his mind from going over this so many times. XD
]
so many "non-gag" comedy manga these days.
Hokenshitsu, Rilienthal, I'm guessing Neko Wappa is also comedy, and now this manga with a strange title....

I never thought i'll say this, but i kind of miss seeing new cliche shounen action manga.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Yuushagaku, I believe. And though I have never read it, Kaiten continually states that it was not a short-gag manga. And I see no reason for him to be lying about it....
Actually, Yuushagaku IS gag manga, just it is not a short page. But, it is shorter than normal series. Normal series is 19 pages, short gag-series is 9 pages, and Yuushagaku is actually 15 pages, it is same amount as Jaguar. Also, all of Asou's one shots are about gag.




I found a picture of upcoming new series.


It looks like the artwork of Neko Wappa got better (at least the main character is).
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top