- Joined
- Jan 27, 2009
- Messages
- 952
- Reaction score
- 103
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3
WSJ felt a lot weaker with the older series ending when I looked back on it. It still hasn't quite built itself up again for me.
2009 series haven't absolutely sucked imo but I'd say its 50/50. I enjoy Medaka, Ane Doki, Beelzebub, and Bokke-san when it was around. In contrast, Akaboshi, Kuroko, and Kagijin have felt lacking throughout most of their runs.
I can't judge the other 2 but I had the feeling I would like Lilienthal over Hokenshitsu.
Well, didn't know if we should include them or not. Not like I read any of them but yeah.Gags hardly count as they're untranslated. Hard to read.
I've had trouble getting into the 2009 series. Medaka and Ane are serviceable, beelze is great. A lot of my older series ended or I dropped them. I guess that accounts for my light reading list.
I forgot to add Gintama to my list even though I've been reading it for three years now >.<
so, 11. Gintama
WSJ felt a lot weaker with the older series ending when I looked back on it. It still hasn't quite built itself up again for me.
2009 series haven't absolutely sucked imo but I'd say its 50/50. I enjoy Medaka, Ane Doki, Beelzebub, and Bokke-san when it was around. In contrast, Akaboshi, Kuroko, and Kagijin have felt lacking throughout most of their runs.
I can't judge the other 2 but I had the feeling I would like Lilienthal over Hokenshitsu.

Glad to hear you don't, Xadyu.
I still want this to be the last series Obata/Ohba do for WSJ. I'd like them to remain a team; I'd just prefer them to switch anthologies. Leaving Shueisha and moving to Big Comic Spirits would be amazing. Since nobody leaves Shueisha or Kodansha for a Shogakukan magazine I'll live with Young Jump.