Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3
I think I'll be keeping track of these lists posted here, so far the score is this.
- Bakuman, One Piece, Bleach with a total of 17 times listed.
- Naruto with a total of 14 times listed.
- Psyren, Beelzebub with a total of 13 times listed.
- Reborn!, Akaboshi with a total of 11 times listed.
- Ane Doki, Medaka, Toriko with a total of 9 times listed.
- Mago with a total of 9 times listed.
- Sket Dance with a total of 7 times listed.
- Kuroko with a total of 6 times listed.
- Gintama, Kagijin, Rilienthal with a total of 5 times listed.
- Jaguar with a total of 4 times listed.
- Shinigami with a total of 3 times listed.
- Inumaru, Kochikame, Wasshoi with 1 time listed.
Would you look at that.. it's a top
10.
11..
Total of
19 different lists
Even though more lists appear, overall, it doesn't change much. Those three on nr. 1 stay there since nearly everyone reads them, the difference between the 1st and 2nd place is 3 people, might not seem much, yet I can consider it a huge difference, Reborn and Akaboshi climed their way up, the more lists appeared, yet the nr.1-3 doesn't really change... Beelzebub joined Naruto before. Beelzebub, Psyren and Reborn stood alone in the top 3 before too. (Pushing the others out.)
those stuff happen mostly in anime for me. I read the summaries and think they are really lame, but when I do pick them up when I had nothing else to do, those series became my all-time favorites.
happened sometimes for manga too, especially Kekkaishi and Hayate no Gotoku. Didn't like the beginning of both series, (especially hayate) but the recent chaps are just awesome.
Well, I usually don't have that with anime's, although I went to some troubling boring anime, like the previously mentioned .hack//SIGN.
I actually enjoyed Kekkaishi's introduction arc more in the anime then in the manga. Kekkaishi is my favorite anime btw, that anime is so incredibly good! Sunrise did a good job on that.
The beginning of Mago reminded me of Kekkaishi for the reason you just mentioned.
Yes, both series deal with boring introduction arcs, although on a rather different way. Kekkaishi goes through more comedy regarding the introduction arc, while Mago focuses on Youkai history and some light dramatic moments.