Mag Talk - Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan) - Part 2 (2015 - 2021) | Page 44 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan) - Part 2 (2015 - 2021)

Your opinion about the 1st episode of Komi-san, wa Komyushou desu?

• Amazing

• Very Good

• Good

• Average

• Bad

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Torca

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
For a smaller speculation talk, it looks like Kaito (Cross Manage, Buddy Strike) could be moving to WSS or some other Sunday mag. He was an assistant for Iori while he was doing Akatsuki and now Nekoguchi posts a tweet that could be even more suggesting of his move to Shogakukan.

RafaFedKilla

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's about where I was hoping and expecting Kaito to land. She can flourish in Sunday.

Torca

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Bakohajime started in Manga One/Ura Sunday Chi to Hai no Jou (Killing Vamp). NSFW - 1st chapter is on Marumaru. Violence and animal cruelty is pretty over border here.

Last edited:

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Huh, I thought the art looked familiar. Didn't realized it was the Drea.Mer guy.
Well, Manga One still refuses to work for me so I'll just see if I remember it exists and check Ura Sunday if/whenever it gets updated there.

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
another returning mangaka that's not Ginpaku no Paladin mangaka

:wall

Kave

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Estimated Sales (10 days)

416,843 Detective Conan 91
*45,835 Komi-san wa, Community-shou desu. 2

*33,450 Zettai Karen Children 47 (including Special Edition)
*26,692 Tokiwa Kitareri!! 9
*25,359 Kyoukai no Rinne 34
*13,944 Joujuu Senjin!! Mushibugyou 27
*10,688 Nanoha Yougashiten no Ii Shigoto 7
**7,833 Aozakura: Bouei Daigakukou Monogatari 2
**7,749 Keijo!!!!!!!! 14
**5,354 Hatsukoi Zombie 5

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Bakohajime started in Manga One/Ura Sunday Chi to Hai no Jou (Killing Vamp). NSFW - 1st chapter is on Marumaru. Violence and animal cruelty is pretty over border here.
Man, I should finish translating Drea.Mer. That being said, looks like he's following Haro Asoh's route of starting in a Shounen Mag and then upgrading to something more mature. Of course that worked out for Asoh quite well, but it's to be seen if it will work out for Bako.

RafaFedKilla

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hajime Bako is a lot better than this. He doesn't need to settle for Ura Sunday and this type of work.

Torca

Reaction score
Country
Poland
The series will be updated on Fridays with 1-week delay on Ura Sunday. Still not sure if it's weekly, bi-weekly or monthly, it's the only series from 11 new on Manga One that I couldn't find this information, but most likely it's weekly. It looks a bit cliche (except for the dead cats) but we'll see how it rolls.

Heiji

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Still not sure if it's weekly, bi-weekly or monthly
Weekly, each friday.

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Saike 7's cover makes me think it really might end in a few chapters. If it does then volume 8 would be the last one and it could have the other half of his face on the cover or something.

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Saike 7's cover makes me think it really might end in a few chapters. If it does then volume 8 would be the last one and it could have the other half of his face on the cover or something.
Or it could be since the Nepal arc is two volumes that Fukuchi decided to split them up between stuff that happens in the first half and then the next volume, the stuff that occurs in the second.

Though really the possibility you present is just as likely.

It probably doesn't matter, but Fukuchi has said he can't wait for people to see the end of the Nepal arc because his assistant did a thing artwise that's really impressive, and he's said it a few times that he hopes people will keep reading Saike this year so.

Tanzo

Reaction score
Country
United States
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Arata: The Legend resumes in Summer 2017, along with the start of Watase's new series Fushigi Yugi - Byakko Ibun in Flowers.

Oberon

Reaction score
Country
Italy

Sunday #07 (11/01):
Souboutei Kowasubeshi (Cover & Lead Color Page)

Maiko-san chi no Makanai-san
Hiiragi-sama wa Jibun o Sagashite Iru。
Amano Megumi wa Suki Darake!
Tokiwa Kitareri!! (Color Page)
Komi-san wa、Komyushou Desu。
Magi
Maou-jou de Oyasumi
Aozakura - Bouei Daigakkou Monogatari
Dagashi Kashi
Jinmen (Special Chapter from Sunday Webry)
Hatsukoi Zombie
Ryoko
Tenshi to Akuto!!
Kyoukai no Rinne
Dameterasu-sama。
Be Blues!
Hayate no Gotoku!
Keijo!!!!!!!!
Saike Mata Shite mo
Joujuu Senjin!! Mushibugyo
Denpa Kyoushi
Zettai Karen Children
Oni wo Tadorite Ikuseisou
Sunday Hikagaku Kenkyujo
Arata Kangatari (Absent)
Gin no Saji (Absent)
Major 2nd (Absent)
Meitantei Conan (Absent)

#08:
Cover: Magi
Lead CP: Tenshi to Akuto!!
CP: Hatsukoi Zombie, Saike Mata Shite mo
OS: Bokutachi Tsuki Attemasu (Special Chapter from Sunday Webry), Shikeishuu Sousa-kan Akutagawa Kai no Jikenbo (Special Chapter from Sunday Webry)
Absent: Hiiragi-sama wa Jibun o Sagashite Iru。, Zettai Karen Children

Silverblade

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
Did some catching up after the holidays.

Maiko-san chi no Makanai-san is yet another quirky girl series, although in a typical Koyama manner, which makes it a bit slower, calmer and maybe even darker than the the rest. A welcome addition to the magazine, anyway.

My dear Magi reached 333 chapters. Congartulations, Ohtaka.

Conflict in Ryoko keeps escalating. How much can the poor girl stomach?

What the fuck, Jinmen.

Torca

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Maiko-san is really nice, hope Koyama finally gets some attention. Even though it's slow it have really nice and interesting concept built around it. Already in love with this.

Ryoko isn't doing too good on Amazon up till now, still it have more than month before debut so it's not a best moment to tell if it's that bad.

Jinman debuted in top 50 Shoseki ranking on 42nd place. Pretty good score, this week is pretty slow so that should mean that it'll score around 5k. From other Webry series that debuted only 2 other made it to Shoseki.
Akutagawa Case - 175
Bokutachi Tsukiattemasu - 294

So only series managed by Shonen Sunday department did it. Feel the Ichihara power.

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Did some catching up after the holidays.

Maiko-san chi no Makanai-san is yet another quirky girl series, although in a typical Koyama manner, which makes it a bit slower, calmer and maybe even darker than the the rest. A welcome addition to the magazine, anyway.

My dear Magi reached 333 chapters. Congartulations, Ohtaka.

Conflict in Ryoko keeps escalating. How much can the poor girl stomach?

What the fuck, Jinmen.
Jinmen is actually not too bad. I haven't read the most recent chapters, but I did read whatever was up on the site about a few weeks ago. Dunno if I'd buy it, but I'm glad it seems to be successful.

Yeah, Maiko's less humorous than the other series, and more...I'm not sure. There's not much actual conflict in her series, so they're litterally like a good nap or comfort food for the soul, which is a nice alternative from the other actually quirky series in WSS.

Yeah, Ryoko just went full despair mode, and it's a bit weird tbh. I'm glad it didn't just stick with monster of the week, but this turn of events is pretty sudden.

Maiko-san is really nice, hope Koyama finally gets some attention. Even though it's slow it have really nice and interesting concept built around it. Already in love with this.

Ryoko isn't doing too good on Amazon up till now, still it have more than month before debut so it's not a best moment to tell if it's that bad.

Jinman debuted in top 50 Shoseki ranking on 42nd place. Pretty good score, this week is pretty slow so that should mean that it'll score around 5k. From other Webry series that debuted only 2 other made it to Shoseki.
Akutagawa Case - 175
Bokutachi Tsukiattemasu - 294

So only series managed by Shonen Sunday department did it. Feel the Ichihara power.
I swear if Ryoko fails that I'm never picking up a new series to TL in the magazine again. My bad touch is just too powerful, especially with Saike's current "will it or won't it end" status.

Jinman is good enough that I'd want it to survive, but not to the point that I'd buy it yet. Akutagawa looks interesting, the concept is similar to several western dramas. I'll look forward to the first chapter next issue.

Also, if you guys are interested, I'm doing a blog thing based on reviewing WSS each week here. Check it out and comment if you have a chance.

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I swear if Ryoko fails that I'm never picking up a new series to TL in the magazine again. My bad touch is just too powerful, especially with Saike's current "will it or won't it end" status.
You say that so much, it's lost all meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.