Mag Talk Weekly Young Jump (2007 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
So is this going to be the second part of Kunoichi no Ichi or something completely new?
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Himouto! Umaru-chan #12 (END) - 73,172
Akita Imokko! Ebina-chan 2 (END) - 41,619
Massive hype in the Umaru franchise! Manga sales are nice for a SOL series with very little plot, and merchandise sales are really good. I see random people on Facebook who don't follow anime/manga sharing Umaru images through "me_irl" or "my spirit animal" type posts. I wish Akita Imokko would've lasted longer, it was such a cute, heartwarming series.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Young Jump Issue 5/6:
Doroke (New Series, Lead CP)
Kingdom
Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai
Golden Kamuy
Video Girl Ai 2018 (Special Chapter, CP)
Bungo
Bathroom no Pepen
Tokyo Ghoul:re
Diner
Blue Phobia (CP)
Himouto! Umaru-chan G
Fushigi no Kuni no Namihee-san
Snack Basue
Rikudou
Minamoto-kun Monogatari
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
7's (CP)
Rin to Cheer
Tamata
Motoyan
Helvetica
Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun (END)

Issue 7:
Lead CP: Kingdom

CPs: Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai, Bathroom no Pepen, Oneshot
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Eyeing this.
Asirpa (GK) nendoroid announced.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Darn, that sucks. This series has had a pretty wild ride already. First the move from the magazine to online, and now an indefinite hiatus. It looks like the most recent chapter ended on some sort of cliffhanger as well, major bummer
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Ok, well that brings a little bit of hope back. I always get anxious when I hear indefinite hiatus due to the number of serious that never seem to return. Glad to see that there's a major announcement planned soon. Hopefully this is not an issue concerning the author's health
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
I've been doing this in other topic's as well, but what are your expectations and hopes from the magazine in 2018?

-I want Kaguya to get an anime this year, or at least an announcement.
-I want Golden Kamuy's anime to somehow have two cours
-I hope one big manga debuts this year, it's been a while since anything has really taken off here. There was Golden Kamuy in 2014 and Kaguya was transferred from somewhere else.
-I want Kingdom to go on forever.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
I've been doing this in other topic's as well, but what are your expectations and hopes from the magazine in 2018?

-I want Kaguya to get an anime this year, or at least an announcement.
-I want Golden Kamuy's anime to somehow have two cours
-I hope one big manga debuts this year, it's been a while since anything has really taken off here. There was Golden Kamuy in 2014 and Kaguya was transferred from somewhere else.
-I want Kingdom to go on forever.
Seconding Kaguya anime, that'd be amazing. I'd like to see more Umaru in all conceivable formats lol. Young Jump has quite a few new series, many of which seem to not be doing amazing, so it'll be interesting to see what sticks in the end. I'm always interested to see romcoms and comedies, so a more mature one rather than being geared toward a shonen audience could be nice
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I still want a Nejimaki Kagyu anime
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
New GK anime spread
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Kingdom fucking greatness strikes again. I'm really glad about the random gigantic boost this manga got from Ame Talk.
 

Ninjaz

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2017
Messages
216
Reaction score
172
Country
Joker
Golden Kamuy anime:
OP:MAN WITH A MISSION
ED:THE SIXTH LIE


I really like Man With A Mission, so this is a great news to me.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
OMG YES! They Rock!
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Young Jump Issue 7:
Kingdom (Lead CP)
Doroke
Tokyo Ghoul:re
7's
Himouto! Umaru-chan G
Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai (CP)
Golden Kamuy
Blue Phobia
Bungo
Diner
Bathroom no Pepen (CP)
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
Fushigi no Kuni no Namihee-san
Rikudou
Rin to Cheer
Apple Road (Oneshot, CP)
Minamoto-kun Monogatari
Retort Pouch!
Snack Basue
Tamata
Helvetica

Motoyan (Absent)

Issue 8:
Lead CP: Tokyo Ghoul:re
CPs:
Diner (1st of 2 Consecutive CPs), Minamoto-kun Monogatari, Oneshot
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
You know I just realized it, but Young Jump has 3 series running right now that all take place in some form of restaurant; Tamata, Diner, and Snack Basue. Doesn't really seem that important, but it's interesting that they chose that type of setting for 3 serializations that are all newer.
 

Kocksmaw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2017
Messages
558
Reaction score
533
Age
26
Country
United States
Any one here read the Blue Phobia raws? I was intrigued by the 1st chapter a while back when it was scanlated, and was wondering what people's thoughts are(for those who read the raws).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top