Mag Talk Weekly Young Jump (2007 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Uratarou gets another CP? nice
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Shoseki Daily Ranking for 2016.12.19
1. Tokyo Ghoul: re #9 2016.12.19
26. BUNGO #8 2016.12.19
27. BUNGO #7 2016.12.19
31. Rikudou #10 2016.12.19
35. Uratarou #1 2016.12.19
58. Kunoichi no Ichi #1 2016.12.19

Uratarou charted on Shoseki as soon as it has gone on sale. Hopefully this will be enough for it to appear on Oricon as well.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
iirc Bungo and Rikudo never appear on oricon top 50, so I don't see how Uratarou will get there
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Uratarou is got promoted so hard in jump festa,it might even chart in my opinion




I am actually happy Uratarou is getting promoted :hee
 
Last edited:

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,929
Reaction score
5,622
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Oh sure, the Nakayama series that I'm not translating is the one that seems to be doing well. It's official, anything I touch is cursed and will die. If Uratarou manages to get an anime where Nejimaki didn't, I'll die.
 

Ravellino

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2016
Messages
1,050
Reaction score
584
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Oh sure, the Nakayama series that I'm not translating is the one that seems to be doing well. It's official, anything I touch is cursed and will die. If Uratarou manages to get an anime where Nejimaki didn't, I'll die.
i don't think it's doing well the sells off first volume they are not great
17,189 Uratarou Vol.1
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Kaguya is up to 450,000 copies in print with volume 4, up from 200,000 when volume 3 first came out.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Uratarou is fucking awesome. It's amazing how Young JUMP nowadays is soooooooooooooooo much better than weekly. There's so much good series to follow that I just don't know where to start.

By the way, I bought 12 copies of Uratarou to raffle to my Manga Editor fans. I hope it helps promoting:
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Uratarou is fucking awesome. It's amazing how Young JUMP nowadays is soooooooooooooooo much better than weekly. There's so much good series to follow that I just don't know where to start.

By the way, I bought 12 copies of Uratarou to raffle to my Manga Editor fans. I hope it helps promoting:
I like you, you have dedication Thanks to you I have hope for this series. I also buy the series on Amazon, Vol. 2 in 5 days :zomg
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Uratarou is fucking awesome. It's amazing how Young JUMP nowadays is soooooooooooooooo much better than weekly. There's so much good series to follow that I just don't know where to start.

By the way, I bought 12 copies of Uratarou to raffle to my Manga Editor fans. I hope it helps promoting:
Respect. That's gonna be me with Full Drum.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Uratarou looks pretty sadistic and interesting, I think I will pick its sample and see how it goes.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Digital version release only in the following month? Give me break Shueisha.. sigh...
Gonna wait until January 19th... I hope I remember when the time comes...
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
what's it about?
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
what's it about?
A dying girl that wants to live and an immortal that wants to die. (my avatar is from the series, it's also the volume 1 cover cleaned.)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Uratarou CP:

Also, it would be nice a standalone forum for uratarou. I would love help promoting.
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
A dying girl that wants to live and an immortal that wants to die. (my avatar is from the series, it's also the volume 1 cover cleaned.)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Uratarou CP:

Also, it would be nice a standalone forum for uratarou. I would love help promoting.
I would love to see a forum for uratarou too.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I did a quick research in the manga discussion forum and there is no thread for the series there. The administration of the forum will never make a forum for a series that nobody talks about. Make a thread there is the first step. More action, guys. XD
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I did a quick research in the manga discussion forum and there is no thread for the series there. The administration of the forum will never make a forum for a series that nobody talks about. Make a thread there is the first step. More action, guys. XD
Must have been really quick...
https://mangahelpers.com/forum/threads/uratarou-by-nakayama-atsushi.3006185/

Uratarou will probably be that one series I never read because it'll just keep making me mad Yaotsukumo was cancelled years ago. All I care about in YJ right now is Kaguya anyway, maybe Kimi wa Midara if that ever becomes a thing again.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Must have been really quick...
https://mangahelpers.com/forum/threads/uratarou-by-nakayama-atsushi.3006185/

Uratarou will probably be that one series I never read because it'll just keep making me mad Yaotsukumo was cancelled years ago. All I care about in YJ right now is Kaguya anyway, maybe Kimi wa Midara if that ever becomes a thing again.
I looked through the first ones, principally the bolded ones. I never thought that there was zero replies. Well, my advice is still standing: more action, guys. XD

Kaguya is about what?
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Two students with crushes on each other using Death Note levels of keikaku to try and make each the other confess.
I'm probably biased because I translate it but it's one of my favorite series in the last several years and I don't even like romcoms.
It seems a good reason to procrastinate the confession as much as possible like happens in any manga of the kind. Sounds good.
I will try to read in Japanese, but I can possibly use your translation to check some things or speak with the translator directly. :derp

I've seen the first volume cover many times already, but I swear it was a Tokyo Ghoul spin off or something like that due to the color scheme. XD
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The author switched to cute girls on the cover after volume 1, apparently not enough people noticed the big "this is a romantic comedy" on the wraparound. He also tweeted that if you were embarrassed to be seen buying volume 2 with a cute girl on it, you should buy a second copy of volume 1 and put that on top.

Fair warning, it's pretty hard to read in Japanese because the narrator keeps going off on tangents about the most random scientific crap that I don't even know what it means in English let alone Japanese, especially in the early chapters. Also, if you get volume ebooks or whatever, make sure you track down the inside volume covers. They're only on the physical releases, but they are quite possibly as good as or better than the chapters themselves.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top