Mag Talk Weekly Young Jump (2007 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The author switched to cute girls on the cover after volume 1, apparently not enough people noticed the big "this is a romantic comedy" on the wraparound. He also tweeted that if you were embarrassed to be seen buying volume 2 with a cute girl on it, you should buy a second copy of volume 1 and put that on top.

Fair warning, it's pretty hard to read in Japanese because the narrator keeps going off on tangents about the most random scientific crap that I don't even know what it means in English let alone Japanese, especially in the early chapters. Also, if you get volume ebooks or whatever, make sure you track down the inside volume covers. They're only on the physical releases, but they are quite possibly as good as or better than the chapters themselves.
Volume 2 cover has nothing embarrassing! :o
People buy To Love Ru as if it were nothing and are embarrassed of cute faces? XD

I will give it a try, if it is good enough, the scientific part will be compensated by good romance.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Kaguya is getting a crossover promotion with Tejina-senpai in Young Magazine, I need the other parts of this now.
Also Juliet from Bessatsu if anyone cares about that, I guess.

 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Young Jump Issue 8:
Kingdom (Lead CP)
Golden Kamuy
Bungo
Tokyo Ghoul:re
Shiratama-kun
Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai
Yuizaki-san wa Nageru! (CP)
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
Riku-dou
Full Drum
Youkai Shoujo
Kimi to 100-kai Me no Koi (CP)
Himouto! Umaru-chan
Usogui
Lycanthrope Bouken Hoken
Motoyan
Uratarou (CP)
Minamoto-kun Monogatari
Gunjou Senki
Kunoichi no Ichi!
Mogusa-san wa Shokuyoku to Tatakau
Premax

Terra Formars (Absent)

Young Jump Issue 9:
Lead CP: Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai
CP: Youkai Shoujo, Shiratama-kun, Mogusa-san wa Shokuyoku to Tatakau
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To CM
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
You guys think Viz will license any young jump titles for their anniversary announcements?

I can see them doing some new series with online recognition like Kaguya and Uratarou

I'm surprised they haven't done Umaru-chan yet
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I've given up hope in any of these companies licensing anything of value. Last license that surprised by any company was Welcome to The Ballroom.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Uratarou 's volume 2 is doing better than volume 1, it's directly under Maou-jou de Oyasumi in shoeski daily sales

that's a good improvement, it will appear on oricon 50 at this rate
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Kaguya Wants To Be Confessed To - Lead CP (Issue 9)
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Kaguya Wants To Be Confessed To - Lead CP (Issue 9)
After all the effort I'm going through to get it, suddenly the limited edition keychain of Kaguya with a wiener in her mouth seems so meaningless compared to all the possibilities this opens up. Based Aka does it again.
 

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
Daily Shoseki Ranking 2/19-2/21

**1 → **1 → **1 Kingdom 45
**4 → **7 → **9 Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai 4
*11 → *17 → *24 Youkai Shoujo 11
*21 → *33 → *50 Uratarou 2
*44 → *78 → 102 Destroy and Revolution 9
*45 → *72 → *87 Ryuu to Yuusha to Haitatsunin 1
*52 → *95 → 170 Shiratama-kun 9
*66 → 117 → 231 Mogusa-san wa Shokuyoku to Tatakau 2
106 → 252 → 334 Kimi to 100-kai Me no Koi 1
113 → 272 → 352 Kimi to 100-kai Me no Koi 2
120 → 166 → 294 Yuizaki-san wa Nageru! 1
*** → *** → *** Nani Shitenno Kamisama 2

Wonder how much Uratarou will sell. Probably 18-20k is what I would guess
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I thought it would have legs, and hold on to a position between 20 to 30 for its first week

maybe they didn't print enough? hope we hear about reprints soon
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I guess I'm not surprised Uratarou didn't do so hot for it's first volume since it was mostly set up and Nakayama has reigned in his art a little which was one of Nejimaki's selling points. That being said, I am genuinely interested in seeing where things will go, and due to it's genre, I can see it being a little easier to get into than Neji so maybe Uratarou will be more successful over the long run.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I agree, Uratarou needs a little more time to sell better. But it's indeed one of the best new series of shueish's whole lineup.

Bomber, you should translate Uratarou xD
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I agree, Uratarou needs a little more time to sell better. But it's indeed one of the best new series of shueish's whole lineup.

Bomber, you should translate Uratarou xD
I thought someone else is? That's why I sorta gave up on it since I saw scanslations for the series. Is that not happening anymore?
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
All four volumes of Kaguya are being reprinted again, which puts it at over 500,000 copies in print.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Oricon Sales:
1. Kingdom #45 - 415,067
10. Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai #4 - 47,349
18. Youkai Shoujo -Monsuga- #11 - 28,848
32. Tokyo Ghoul:re #9 - (21,168/757,061)
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
so Uratarou didn't make the list after all but came closer than vol.1

here's for hoping volume 3 does it
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I thought someone else is? That's why I sorta gave up on it since I saw scanslations for the series. Is that not happening anymore?
We're working with it on jaiminisbox. But we can always have more help xD
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top