Mag Talk Weekly Young Jump (2007 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Wow, that was a super fast turnaround! I'm really interested to see what this sequel will be about, thankfully the wait isn't very long at all
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Young Jump #50:
Rikudou (Lead CP)

Kingdom
Bathroom no Pepen
Fushigi no Kuni no Namihee-san
Tokyo Ghoul:re
Usogui
Motoyan (CP)
Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai
Bungo
Diner
Tamata
Rin to Cheer (CP)
Minamoto-kun Monogatari
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
Snack Basue
Helvetica
Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun
Himouto! Umaru-chan (CP, END)
Black Night Parade
Oneshot
Oneshot
Yuizaki-san wa Nageru!
Full Drum

Golden Kamuy (Absent, 3-Week Hiatus)

Young Jump #51:
Lead CP: Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
CPs: Full Drum (END), Black Night Parade, Minamoto-kun Monogatari

#53:
Himouto! Umaru-chan G (New Series)
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Now I realize why I've been so down recently, must've sensed the Full Drum cancellation. I'll always cherish perhaps the greatest opening chapter in sports manga history.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
So much for Umaru ending, lol. Full drum looks really epic, a shame it didn't survive.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
About time Full Drum ended. It was performing badly for most of it’s run, so it did pretty well for itself in the end.
 

Ninjaz

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2017
Messages
216
Reaction score
172
Country
Joker
Was expecting Full Drum to go. I wonder if we're gonna get a new banger series soon, that will get really popular. I can kinda smell it in the air, but not sure which direction it's coming from.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Was expecting Full Drum to go. I wonder if we're gonna get a new banger series soon, that will get really popular. I can kinda smell it in the air, but not sure which direction it's coming from.
I mean, they probably want everything to be a "banger", but it's not really up to them. It's mostly up to luck, author recognition and promition success. If they want a surefire hit, they'll go with a mangaka that did something big in the past. RIght now, they have plenty of really successful manga that were top 10-15 sellers in previous years like Kingdom, Tokyo Ghoul and Terra Formars. Their upcoming hit is Golden Kamuy, it's growing a lot. If I had to guess, they'll focus on giving Kaguya-sama an anime and who knows what their plan is after that.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
Was expecting Full Drum to go. I wonder if we're gonna get a new banger series soon, that will get really popular. I can kinda smell it in the air, but not sure which direction it's coming from.
Try checking out the series called "Diner" first chapter here, I think this can become kinda big. It got lead color even though it was only at chapter 13.
Helvetica looks pretty interesting too.
 
Last edited:

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Try checking out the series called "Diner" first chapter here, I think this can becoming kinda big. It got lead color even though it was only at chapter 13.
Helvetica looks pretty interesting too.
I don't know what that is, but it looks great, or at least it could have potential, thanks for pointing this one out.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
I know Umaru is really divisive and seems to really be a love it or hate it series, but I have really enjoyed both the manga and its adaptations. I'm really interested to see what Himouto! Umaru-chan G is and how it differs (if at all) from the original. Glad that the wait is so short!
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
The last few panels of the Umaru finale were really cute. Not sure what was being said, but it looked like sibling bonding happening throughout the cast. Taihei, Umaru & Ebina are so sweet together!

I wonder what the significance, if any, of the "G" in the sequel is.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Young Jump Issue 51:
Legend of the Galactic Heroes (Lead CP)
Kingdom
Bungo
Tokyo Ghoul:re
Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai
Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun
Minamoto-kun Monogatari (CP)
Usogui
Rikudou
Bathroom no Pepen
Diner
Black Night Parade (CP)
Tamata
Motoyan
Yuizaki-san wa Nageru!
Full Drum (CP, END)
Helvetica
Rin to Cheer
Snack Basue
Oneshot

Fushigi no Kuni no Namihee-san, Golden Kamuy (Absent)

Young Jump Issue 52:
Cover: Gravure Model (Retort Pouch! Collab)
Lead CP: Usogui
CP: Retort Pouch!, Finder, Rin to Cheer
END: Yuizaki-san wa Nageru!

New series from Yuizaki-san's author will begin Nov 22nd on the Tonari no Young Jump website.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
First day of sales for the new volumes 2017.11.17

7- Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joou #2
9- Legend of the Galactic Heroes #8
19- Usogui #48
21- Minamoto-kun Monogatari #12
23- Black Night Parade #2
49- Rikudou #14
69- Uratarou #6
72- Motoyan #10
106- Hyakunichikan!! #4
119- Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun #11
130- Toumei Ningen no Hone #1
138- Helvetica #2
314- Rin to Cheer。 #1
417- Kuuki Ningyou to Imouto #2
493- Kaori Warning! #2
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Looks like the anime for Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun didn't really do anything to boost the sales. Why did it get animated again, when it isn't even slightly popular as a manga?
 

XtrnlArdent

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2017
Messages
96
Reaction score
28
Age
28
Country
Spain
Aoyama-kun's anime was bland imo, not funny at all. I suppose they tried to make it popular, but I didn't see anything in it that could have been popular but it has been in the Young Jump for 3 years, so it has something.

That Helvetica sales are worrying me, I don't see it lasting a long time. And for Kunoichi, it seems is like Uratarou with that Part 1 thing... I don't think it's a good strategy.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Helvetica volume 2 doing way worse than vol 1 (by 100 places?). Dead confirmed
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
I don't even think Aoyama-kun was a 20k seller before the anime and it might not even reach that status even after the anime, what a waste of resources, talent and time. There are other more deserving series from the magazine that could've used an anime, I mean, heck, since the production committee was Pony Canyon, they could've even funded an adaptation for something a lot darker from the magazine because they didn't have a problem with being on the production committee for Shingeki no Kyojin.

Speaking about anime adaptations for things from this magazine, almost everything seems to get really bad adaptations from YJ, which is really a shame. Some people say the only exception so far is Umaru, but I wouldn't know since that isn't my thing so I haven't read that or watched the anime for it.

Can Golden Kamuy also break the curse or whatever it is, I'm actually fairly optimistic about the upcoming anime, even if it is from a new studio. I think they'll do a good job on it. I wonder if it will have 2 cours, I guess it will come down to the time block they air the anime in. Actually, after looking more closely at the staff, I can say it's actually pretty decent, even pretty good. I will be worried if the anime only has 1 cour, especially if it ends up having a ridiculously fast pace.

And honestly, it's only a matter of time until we get a Kaguya anime, I feel like the fact that Viz licensed the manga is also a sign. I honestly don't even know who I would want to adapt this one, maybe Shaft?
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
I don't even think Aoyama-kun was a 20k seller before the anime and it might not even reach that status even after the anime, what a waste of resources, talent and time. There are other more deserving series from the magazine that could've used an anime, I mean, heck, since the production committee was Pony Canyon, they could've even funded an adaptation for something a lot darker from the magazine because they didn't have a problem with being on the production committee for Shingeki no Kyojin.

Speaking about anime adaptations for things from this magazine, almost everything seems to get really bad adaptations from YJ, which is really a shame. Some people say the only exception so far is Umaru, but I wouldn't know since that isn't my thing so I haven't read that or watched the anime for it.

Can Golden Kamuy also break the curse or whatever it is, I'm actually fairly optimistic about the upcoming anime, even if it is from a new studio. I think they'll do a good job on it. I wonder if it will have 2 cours, I guess it will come down to the time block they air the anime in. Actually, after looking more closely at the staff, I can say it's actually pretty decent, even pretty good. I will be worried if the anime only has 1 cour, especially if it ends up having a ridiculously fast pace.

And honestly, it's only a matter of time until we get a Kaguya anime, I feel like the fact that Viz licensed the manga is also a sign. I honestly don't even know who I would want to adapt this one, maybe Shaft?
Umaru is definitely an exception. The series as a whole is pretty divisive; both the "love it" and "hate it" sides are pretty vocal. However, it sells well taking the subject matter into consideration, and definitely moves merchandise. I'm not sure what the first season's sales were like, but I've even seen people who don't watch anime or read manga with Umaru merchandise just because the hamster form is cute or sharing "this is so me" type memes on social media.

I agree about a Kaguya anime being inevitable. Its popularity is increasing at a pretty good pace, plus I see its old volumes reappearing in the Top 500 daily sales pretty often. Plus, isn't it getting a booth at Jump Festa this year?

Also, I don't read it, but I can't imagine starting out at 314 is good for the fate of Rin to Cheer.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top