Mag Talk Weekly Young Jump (2007 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Volume Sales (Jan 15-21)
1. Kingdom #49 (365,230)
2. Tokyo Ghoul:re #14 (256,680)
4. Kaguya-sama: Love is War #8 (66,705)
48. One Punch Man #15 (12,504 / 631,264)
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
So I was just thinking about this, but with all the new series that either just started, will start in the next month, or will start around March/April, which of the current series do you guys think will be ending soon? I know Young Jump typically has a couple series absent each issue, but I'm assuming some will probably end with this many more starting up. Oneshots are also pretty common in Young Jump, so limiting those a bit could make some room temporarily.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
As long as Kingdom, Golden Kamuy and Kaguya-sama are staying I'll be fine. And they will be staying. I assume things that haven't taken off in any way are the ones at risk.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
As long as Kingdom, Golden Kamuy and Kaguya-sama are staying I'll be fine. And they will be staying. I assume things that haven't taken off in any way are the ones at risk.
Yeah, I know series like that are safe for sure. The older stuff in this magazine is pretty much doing quite well, and there's a handful of stuff that still hasn't had its first volume out yet. I was referring to if anyone knew much about the several untranslated, newer series that have had a volume or 2 released (such as Tamata, Helvetica, Bathroom no Pepen, Rin to Cheer, Snack Basue, and Fushigi). I know Motoyan's a bit older as well, but I was mostly curious to see if anyone knew if any of these series "haven't taken off in any way," to use your wording, similar to Kaori Warning.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Young Jump Issue 9:
Yoake Ato no Sei (New Series, Lead CP)

Golden Kamuy
Snack Basue
Kaguya-sama: Love is War
Doroke (CP)
Himouto! Umaru-chan G
7's
Tokyo Ghoul:re
Minamoto-kun Monogatari
Kingdom
Diner (CP)
Bungo
Bathroom no Pepen
Blue Phobia
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Olga to Iri (CP, Oneshot by Teppei Fukushima)
Fushigi no Kuni no Namihee-san
Rikudou
Motoyan
Helvetica

Tamata, Rin to Cheer (Absent)

Issue 10:
Lead CP: Kunoichi no Ichi! 2 (New Series)
CPs:
Yoake Ato no Sei, 7's, Blue Phobia
Oneshot: 48th Shinman GP Entry #1
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Golden Kamuy anime new character/VA reveals
Tsurumi - Houchuu Otsuka
Ogata - Kenjiro Tsuda
Tanigaki - Yoshimasa Hosoya
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Young Jump Issue 10:
Kunoichi no Ichi! No Ni (Lead CP, New Series)
Himouto! Umaru-chan G
Tokyo Ghoul:re
Kaguya-sama: Love is War
Diner
Yoake Ato no Sei (CP)
Bungo
Doroke
Snack Basue
Golden Kamuy
7's (CP)
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Oneshot
Blue Phobia (CP)
Bathroom no Pepen
Rikudou
Helvetica
Motoyan
Rin to Cheer

Kingdom, Minamoto-kun Monogatari, Tamata, Fushigi no Kuni no Namihee-san (Absent)

Issue 11:
Yuryo Shoujo Familien (New Series, Lead CP)
CPs: Snack Basue, Motoyan, Black Night Parade (Resume)

That Kunoichi no Ichi vol cover is an abomination. Wow.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I really like Toumei Ningen no Hone but do the volume covers really have to all be naked girls?
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yes and you will like it :3c
Maybe if they were zoomed out just a bit.
Which reminds me I still haven't gotten volume 2, now 3 is out this month and 4 is next month... 31 pages a week makes volumes come out too fast for me.
 

Ninjaz

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2017
Messages
216
Reaction score
172
Country
Joker
inb4 TG Shippuden announcement
But :re is the sequel already, after a 2 year timeskip. :hi
——-
But yeah, I’m pretty sure a Part 3 of TG is guaranteed. Although :re wrapped up pretty much everything that TG had built up to. There’s still some central plot lines that haven’t been dealt with yet. And new plot lines that have been built up for a while aleady.

I guess this means TG:re will most likely be getting the Young Jump cover soon.
If it ends this volume, it’ll end in 5 weeks roughly. No later than that. But we don’t know if it’s ending this volume or the next.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
oh right, this is Part 2

ok, the next one will be TG: Stardust Crusaders :3c

man, can yo imagine TG becoming the next JoJo
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Next part will obviously be Tokyo Ghoul:re:re, like in an email.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I really like Toumei Ningen no Hone but do the volume covers really have to all be naked girls?
I took a look and they barely show below the shoulder, I'm sure you have worst covers in your shelf, it is too late to be puritan. XD
 

Lomahongva

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
697
Reaction score
795
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Golden Kamuy anime new character/VA reveals
Tsurumi - Houchuu Otsuka
Ogata - Kenjiro Tsuda
Tanigaki - Yoshimasa Hosoya

Wow, judging just by Ogata's Anime Design, it seems possible (unless script writers really mess things up) that Golden Kamuy gets a 2 cour anime!!! :zomg His design in this image is only shown in the manga from chapter 42 onwards,... and that's the last chapter of volume 5!!!
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Wow, judging just by Ogata's Anime Design, it seems possible (unless script writers really mess things up) that Golden Kamuy gets a 2 cour anime!!! :zomg His design in this image is only shown in the manga from chapter 42 onwards,... and that's the last chapter of volume 5!!!
Holy shit, you might be on to something. That would be great, Kamuy really deserves two cours. AOTY contender for sure.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Wow, judging just by Ogata's Anime Design, it seems possible (unless script writers really mess things up) that Golden Kamuy gets a 2 cour anime!!! :zomg His design in this image is only shown in the manga from chapter 42 onwards,... and that's the last chapter of volume 5!!!
Or... It could pull an “every YJ series ever” and have shit pacing that blasts through 70 chapters in one cour...

Sorry, didn’t wanna have to say it, but it’s a possibility. I want to believe that what we’ve seen so far shows they’ll do a good job though.
 

Lomahongva

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
697
Reaction score
795
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
Or... It could pull an “every YJ series ever” and have shit pacing that blasts through 70 chapters in one cour...

Sorry, didn’t wanna have to say it, but it’s a possibility. I want to believe that what we’ve seen so far shows they’ll do a good job though.
Don't need to apologize. :) I'm very aware of that possibility could happen (and mostly does when it comes to a YJ series). That's why I added the mess-things-up line.

I just got a bit excited because they've hinted what they might do in terms of plot lenght adaptation, but, of course, it doesn't says anything of how they plan to do it.
 
Last edited:

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Don't need to apologize. :) I'm very aware of that possibility could happen (and mostly does when it comes to a YJ series). That's why I added the mess-things-up line.

I just got a bit excited because they've hinted what they might do in terms of plot lenght adaptation, but, of course, it doesn't says anything of how they plan to do it.
Considering how long they have waited for this series despite it becoming a pretty big hit like a while ago now, I dont see much reason for them to only do a single cour anyway. But goddamn, the same could yet again be said for most YJ adaptions... Why you gotta have such a bad rep YJ :(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top