Discussion What Are You Reading? What Do You Plan on Reading Next?

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I envy you, guys. Droping Bleach and Fairy Tail , alongside with Kuroshitsuji , is an idea that has came to my mind very often these last times... But I don't have enough resolution to do it. Finishing anything I start is a strong characteristic of mine, which is not always something really good, specially in this case...
Seeing things through is admirable at work, but manga is entertainment, it's supposed to be fun. If you're not having fun, there's no reason left to be reading.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I agree with Doraku and Kaiten. I see many people criticizing many series, but they continue reading even when it is clear that they almost hate the series. It is no good.
If you don't like the series, drop it. It is the best choice.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I agree with Doraku and Kaiten. I see many people criticizing many series, but they continue reading even when it is clear that they almost hate the series. It is no good.
If you don't like the series, drop it. It is the best choice.
Well some do initially like some series and as they go on reading they tend to dislike it, but feel like they have to continue for the sake of reading it to the end to see how it turns out since something originally drew them to it.

I dunno dropping many series for me would be dropping reading manga as a whole, I believe once you start reading a few more manga you have to explore more ... the thing is however to know what gems you are looking for and stick with A LOT of good stuff. Depends.
 

Sakura Saluja

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2013
Messages
161
Reaction score
34
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
Well I agree with Leoat. I started reading Pandora Hearts and as I didnt like how things were going I just dropped it. I cant read something I dont like :/
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
My complete reading list:
  1. Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei (novel)
  2. Tokyo Ravens (novel)
  3. No Game No Life (novel)
  4. One Piece
  5. Shingeki
  6. Hunter x Hunter
  7. Berserk
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Where do you find the time? :eyeroll I read so much stuff I think is bland out of pure habit.
It takes commitment, Dermie. Berserk and HxH demand time and dedication. I like to think that, as a fan, I rise to the occasion.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Finished two more volumes of Psyren bringing me up to volume 14. I assume it ends soon so it will be potentially the fourth completed manga in my collection (Bakuman, Spiral Bonds of Reasoning, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles) for stuff over ten volumes. Feels like Psyren is ending soon in terms of plot since they just jumped straight to end boss area I think.

Love Kyle a whole lot (such friend with Ageha), Kabuto for my favorite skill.
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
I started this manga called 'Kuro' about a girl and her black cat. It's serialized in full color on the Tonari no Young Jump website along with Onepunch-Man. It's a cute slice-of-life with some horror undertones.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,689
Reaction score
61,399
Gender
Male
Country
France
I caught up with Toriko. Now I am going to start reading Claymore and I'll start Kingdom after that.
 

Nyahneko

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 17, 2014
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I'm reading Fairytail and I plan on reading Kuroko no basuke the manga
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I read volume one of Psycome, a surprisingly addictive harem light novel series. The first volume was translated by a random anon in the BT forums. Hopefully they come back and translate more. It would suck if Psycome got stuck in teaser purgatory.
 

Sakura Saluja

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2013
Messages
161
Reaction score
34
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
First time I'm gonna say what I'm planning to read:
HunterxHunter :33 I just got recently addicted with the anime series so I wanna also try the manga lol
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ran through to get caught up in Code:breaker so just need to read the final chapter now whenever thats pushed out. Good series.
 

Sakura Saluja

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2013
Messages
161
Reaction score
34
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
Ran through to get caught up in Code:breaker so just need to read the final chapter now whenever thats pushed out. Good series.
Indeed Code Breaker is one of my faves... Still on chap 30 though :33
Currently reading Saiyaku lol :33 & Deadman Wonderland. Finished 2nd chap of Magi too
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Started reading Seven Deadly Sins thanks to it being on crunchyroll and had time for it since finishing Code:breaker, currently done with chp 1. Alright start (love Gilthunder), Diane is awful.
 

Blader

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2013
Messages
274
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
Just start reading Denpa Kyoushi today. Good manga indeed. pretty enjoyable so far.
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Tried the first chapter of Stealth Symphony. The color art was great, and the black & white art was decent too. It was good enough that I will keep reading, but I won't get my hopes up that it will have lasting success.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I wish I was reading D.Gray-Man.

I'll have to go back to the old chapters, but that has its own merits.
 
Top