Discussion What Are You Reading? What Do You Plan on Reading Next?

Lomahongva

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
697
Reaction score
795
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
I'm just finished caught up with the current pace of Munakata Kyouju Denkikou or The Legendary Musings of Professor Munakata. This manga is so meticulous with historical details, though I'm unsure if they're scientifically accurate or not. Nevertheless, if you are interested/familiar with Japanese folklore and mythologies, I really recommend you to read it.

Wow! I've never heard of this manga before and it seems pretty interesting (yeah, I'm a passionate of mythology and, these last times, I'm specially interested in the Japanese mythology. Thakd a lot, Doraku!
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Started Baka to Gogh as well, feels like a really awesome slice of life read, and I should try more from it's author.
 

Blader

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2013
Messages
274
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
Been reading Kin no Kanajo Gin no Kanajo. very good start for romcom series, it has potential to become memorable romcom manga.
 

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
2,648
Reaction score
2,176
Gender
Female
Country
Water Tribe
I have just finished Addicted to Curry, read Monster Girl and Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou, and now have started Until Death Do Us Part.

I have known of this series but did not have a chance to read and finally it's time. :hee
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I'm reading Dan Machi, a fantasy and adventure light novel illustrated by Yasuda Suzuhito, the mangaka of Yozakura Quartet and artist of Durarara.
 

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
2,648
Reaction score
2,176
Gender
Female
Country
Water Tribe
I'm starting on Super Dog Rilienthal- looking forward for doggy comedy. Yeah!!! :teehee
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Had read chp 1 of Shaman King Flowers, but am now going through it to catch up.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Just finished Doubutsu no Kuni. Great series. Looking forward to Makoto Raiku's next work.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
I have finished Bonnouji over these past two days. Entertaining, light-hearted romance fluff, too bad it's so short, but thankfully it ended on high note for me.
 

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
2,648
Reaction score
2,176
Gender
Female
Country
Water Tribe
I'm starting on Toriko. I wish I could have read it earlier instead of now. :super
 

Michalv

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
441
Reaction score
55
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
My friend recommended me to read Hoozuki no Reitetsu, so I'm planning to read that.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Right after I caught up with Billy Bat, I began Highschool of the dead, but I dropped it almost immediately, I'm a in vibe of no ecchi right now. So, I picked up Arslan Senki, very good series so far. Right now I'm reading REAL and Uchuu Kyoudai, along with Mahouka novel.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I'm reading Eromanga Sensei, the new series by the author and artist of Oreimo.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Caught up on Seven Deadly Sins last night, probably takinga brief break from reading lots of manga for a day or two and then will get back into it with Cardfight!! Vanguard v1
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Read the first few chapters of Jigoku Koi Sutefu. It's cute, kind of funny, and easy to read.
 

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
2,648
Reaction score
2,176
Gender
Female
Country
Water Tribe
I have managed to read up to the latest chapter of Toriko. Phew! That took me a little while. I'm going to continue with Until Death Do Us Part from where I have left off. :)
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Started Ultra Heaven - was looking for a manga that deals with drugs. It is quite good, a bit whacky, a bit prophetic of the pharmaceutical industry and a bit realistic as well as artsy at some points.

---------- Post added May 07, 2014 at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was May 06, 2014 at 08:45 PM ----------

Reading Munakata Kyouju Denkikou as well, it's subject matter is interesting because it has to do with what I am currently studying.^^
 

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
2,648
Reaction score
2,176
Gender
Female
Country
Water Tribe
I'm reading Yami no Aegis, which has a character in Until Death Do Us Part. I wanna know the story of Aegis. The manga plot is alright but the artwork looks funny as the faces of characters are mainly egg-shaped. :teehee

I would probably be catching up with some ongoing manga like One Piece, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Naruto and Detective Conan. :hee
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Started reading Baki Dou, a sequel to Baki:Son of Ogre. Son of Ogre had a bad ending, but I'm still curious to see what direction this installment of the franchise will take.
 
Top