What do you think One piece is? | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

What do you think One piece is?

Impel Down

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: What is One Piece?!?!

I was referring to the difference between the two. You're right, in hindsight, I should have put Absolute Justice vs. Moral Justice. And dreams is another big one, true. And Lazy Justice is a Moral Justice, since he's just the one who uses it, and it's more moral than Absolute Justice, for sure.

neild

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

its been half a year since i last posted things here,so i want to do it again.first of all the reason why i started this topic at first is to see public's ideas about the end of our beloved one piece manga (in which i presume will be luffy and crew finding one piece).and from the development of the manga so far, i can see this manga exist for at least 10 years..thats right..10 awesome years.i dont know how long have they existed till now (can anyone tell me pls?)

ok so here is some alternative ideas to what one piece is/are: it is some solid thing in a treasure box, definetly not money or gold or jewelry or something that can be sold or traded for money, and one piece will be the culimination of luffy pirate crew's dream. that means one piece will solidify the end of journey for luffy's crew with all of their dreams achieved. so the thing in that box will symbolize all of those things and also a acceptance of a pirate king title.and what kind of thing can that be?i figure.....it's gold roger's necklace with round/square/whatever shape with gold roger's pirate flag's symbol craved in it.it can be made out of gold,silver,or whatever.it is like a thropy of championship that is being passed on from generations through generations.in one piece world's case, so far there has been only 1 winner,1 pirate king, and there is gold roger.who's next to come?place ur bet on luffy.

so please throw in more ideas to the hat.thank you people

aimaimaim

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score

@Impel
what i mean is that its a thing that can do... things.. like making you stronger than any1 else.. i mean, we see characters with their abilities and powers right? so i think that the "treasure" in one piece is a athing that can give out great power to the user.. like a DF.. im not saying that rogers treasure in OP is a DF..

again.. i dont think that the real issue in OP is searching for OP. the real issue in OP manga is one becoming the pirate king..

neild

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

@Impel
again.. i dont think that the real issue in OP is searching for OP. the real issue in OP manga is one becoming the pirate king..
okay..so why not called the manga the pirate king instead of one piece...but i like your idea of the "treasure" in one piece is a athing that can give out great power to the user.. maybe luffy will use it to fight the final boss in the manga

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada

To become Pirate King, you must find One Piece. They are trying to become the Pirate King. By the Transitive Property, they are looking for One Piece. Geez, it's basic math, aimaimaim.

aimaimaim

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score

yeah it is.. the one who found OP=pirate king but what does OP contain? that is why im saying is that the treasure in OP has to be some kind of power.. or maybe its just another hat of roger.. oh what the hell.. anything goes!! as long as its not some note saying "did you have fun with your adventure"...

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

yeah it is.. the one who found OP=pirate king but what does OP contain? that is why im saying is that the treasure in OP has to be some kind of power.. or maybe its just another hat of roger.. oh what the hell.. anything goes!! as long as its not some note saying "did you have fun with your adventure"...
Why not? After having the adventure of a lifetime, wouldn't knowing that another great adventurer also cared feel good? NOT ALL TREASURE IS WORTH MONEY. That's another reason why Buggy can never become the Pirate King: if One Piece is something related to adventure, not money, which I'm SURE it is, then Buggy will never feel as if he's found the greatest treasure in the world, so he will always be looking for more, he won't have realized that he found One Piece already. And why would it be something that makes you stronger? If you're the Pirate King, a pirate so powerful you can guide a crew to Raftel safely, why would you need something to make you stronger? And why would Roger hold physical power in such high esteem, doesn't that seem out of character for him? And lastly, super steroids? How can that be the greatest treasure in the world?

Rosi

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Greece

One Piece will not be in a box or anything like that, I belive that will be something like friendship.
To find the One Piece you will have to cross the hole world find friend crazy enought to follow you, to be the best and have fought will the best.
I belive that in the "end" the crow will find out that they have One Piece from the begining with them but they only find it out just now :P
Also Gold /D/ Roger .. Watch out the -D- we still have mo idea what this is and why people have it :P may have left a note like....

"Welcome Friend, if you are raeding this, it means that I am long dead.... MHUHAHAHAHA
this also mean that you have found the One Piece and that you have friends with you, you also know what the WG realy is..and you have fought them..MHUHAHAHA....
Now let me tell you a secret..what can you find after the Grand Line...you can find...MHUHAHAH do you really think I was going to ruin the fun... Go..Search.. for your self and don't follow my path this time insted make your own and leave a trail in a place that no one has ever been.. not even me.. MHUHHAHAHAHAH"

so you get the point ;)

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada

What if the entire island is made out of gold, like in Treasure Planet. That would be pretty cool.

Rosi

Reaction score
Country
Greece

It wouldnt be cool for One Piece :P how many time did they managa to take THAT MANY gold...?
Remember Skyipia.. what happened with the huge gold bell, and what the Skyipians wanted to give them.. did they manage to take it... Nope :P
So, maybe if it is an Island of Gold...they wont take it.. they will take something like a golden cup and be happy for it ;)

neild

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

i think one piece=the ending of the story, should satisfy everyone. i think the item that would not raised any debate or disappointment is gold/money.

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada

If they just open the chest and gasp, and that's the end, I'd be pretty mad. It would be even worse if in the anime they play "Don't Stop Believin'" at that point, and cut it off immideatly.

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

i think one piece=the ending of the story, should satisfy everyone. i think the item that would not raised any debate or disappointment is gold/money.
I can assure you that it WOULD certainly cause disappointment, and possibly debate, at least on my part. I mean, money? I just don't think that Luffy would hold money in that high esteem. It's been about the adventure for him the whole time, and I believe he said so when he first asked Zoro to join his crew, back in volume 1. Also, he seemed scornful of pirates who felt that all there was to piracy, and I believe he said, or at least implied so to Buggy. Even NAMI would probably be disappointed if One Piece was just gold. It seems like such an anti-climax to the whole great adventure.

Rosi

Reaction score
Country
Greece

That is what I said as well, and if the One Piece is the end of the story then, it should explane as alot of things before they find it, as to what is it after the Grand Line, cause the OP will be found before the end of the GL, if they want to show us adventures there we will have a second season in OP (yes an other 1000 episodes for the second season :P )
or simple the adventure will keep on after OP is found ;)

gao_dargon

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

i like to think that One Piece is the reason you can die without conserns in the world, u have realised everything u wanted in your life,but at what it is as in an object i dont have the slightes idea,but im sure it will shock and dissapoint me (allmoust every manga end is disapointing hahaha)

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel

If they just open the chest and gasp, and that's the end, I'd be pretty mad. It would be even worse if in the anime they play "Don't Stop Believin'" at that point, and cut it off immideatly.
If Oda-sensei does that, seriously, all my respect for him will disappear right away! ><

gao_dargon

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

hahaha lets hope that dosent happend,but what do u think would be a desent ending?

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada

A chapter of pure Robin fanservice. That would be a great ending.

But, honestly, I can see a great ending as this:

They defeat whoever the main villain is and get One Piece, and Luffy is made the Pirate King. Then, it does a huge timeskip, and Luffy retires and hangs out on his boat with cool fish, Zoro teaches swordsmanship (eventhough I think he will have died by that point), Sanji will be the world's greatest chef, Usopp and Yasopp will hang out on Elbaf, Chopper will run a hospital, Nami will also be famous for her map, and live with Sanji, Robin will be the new leader of the world, since she took out the WG, Franky will teach others to build great ships, and Brook will hang out with Laboon, and that's just how it ends, with Luffy saying something meaningful or whatever in the very end, and Oda will write, "Thank you."

gao_dargon

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

that has a very good structure impel down (and the Robin fan servise...me likes =D) "my" ending would be very much like that but 1º one dies (cuz in OP no one ever really does ¬¬) luffy is hanging out and resting for being chased by coby (who is the new Garp or something like that in the new world goverment wich isnt evil anymore),zoro is sleeping somewere in a small boat (like Mihawk does),Sanji took over the baratie and is the 1º and only restorant to serv fish from "all blue",Nami is in some manor after making so much money for selling copys of the map from the hole world" and the original is hangin in her wall,Franky lives in water 7 helpong with the new desing of the city, Chopper has the #1 hospital in the world,Robin is in some wird island looking at some old ruins and the rest of the nakama i dont know cuz i dont know how they are yet

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada

The only SH I can see dying is Zoro. Because, he said he can't die until he beats Mihawk, right? So, after he beats him, he dies, so no one can take the position ever again.