What do you think One piece is?

Houjou

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
1,177
Reaction score
332
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mongolia
Re: What is One Piece?!?!

(and becoming the pirate king).

I still think that One Piece may be a joke Gol D Roger made to make all the people set sail to the oceans and live great pirate's adventures.
Maybe the One Piece is a simple letter that have a short message from Gol D Roger in it =/
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: What is One Piece?!?!

I've thought of that too, but Oda's too cool to have it just be something like that. I imagine he'll make it some combination of a massive amount of treasure and something that has to do with nakama and freedom.
 

Houjou

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
1,177
Reaction score
332
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mongolia
Re: What is One Piece?!?!

Wow, Impel Down, that would be great: both a lot of gold and something related with the nakama's topic. But how can those two things mix?

Another question: supposing that Luffy and his crew will find the One Piece, what do you think all the crew will do after that? Will they separate? Will they buy an entire island and retire? Will they set sail to West Blue, North Blue and South Blue to make their adventure even greater?
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: What is One Piece?!?!

Probably keep adventuring. I mean, Nami still has to make her map, Sanji has to use All Blue, Usopp and his dad will probably go to Elbaf, Robin needs to make a new government, Chopper...I dunno. Franky...again, I dunno. I guess they'll all do whatever it is Roger did.
 

weixiaobao

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
4,323
Reaction score
917
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What is One Piece?!?!

Another question: supposing that Luffy and his crew will find the One Piece, what do you think all the crew will do after that? Will they separate? Will they buy an entire island and retire? Will they set sail to West Blue, North Blue and South Blue to make their adventure even greater?
guess this ? for imp but anyway.. i can not comprehend what would happen to the crew after one piece... it feel like their journey would never end.. they would probably go beyond the world and into space like enel...
----------------------------------

as for the topic of One Piece..

probably some of the best swords are there also.. plus maybe alot of extinct dials from sky piea (since GR been there).. could also included eternal log pose for every islands in the entire world.. and also the Rio Poneglyph and variety of devil fruits... or even a devil fruits forest...
 
Last edited:

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: What is One Piece?!?!

I can't see that happening. The great swords are just spread out all over the world, he wouldn't just take Dials from his friends, and the DFs are created in the Sea from the Sea Devil.
 

haruka9

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2007
Messages
185
Reaction score
250
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: What is One Piece?!?!

well, after finding One Piece, (if Oda would still put the lives of the Starwhats after finding it in his masterpiece), maybe our lovable pirates must be going back to all the islands they went like Skypiea, Water 7, etc. Besides, Luffy also promised that they would go back and meet Laboon again so the series would be incomplete without featuring Luffy and the Strawhats' meeting with Laboon
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: What is One Piece?!?!

Well, I guess it would help if we knew what Roger did...besides battle other pirates, because in the end, Luffy will have player owned all of them to get to OP anyway.
 

weixiaobao

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
4,323
Reaction score
917
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What is One Piece?!?!

maybe the treasure is GR's pictures of his naked girl friend and her bras and undies :rofl
the DFs are created in the Sea from the Sea Devil.
where is the sea devil?? oro
 

Houjou

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
1,177
Reaction score
332
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mongolia
Re: What is One Piece?!?!
Edit: I stumbled upon this 10-years-old post of mine about Luffy beating a Sea Devil at the end of the series. I am removing it due to it making little sense, oh.
 
Last edited:

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: What is One Piece?!?!

maybe the treasure is GR's pictures of his naked girl friend and her bras and undies :rofl
Oh, so that's why Brook wants go to there...

And I dunno where the "Sea Devil" is, or if that was even to correct reason. I believe I just heard that somewhere.
 

evozoku

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2006
Messages
76
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
One Piece: Gol D. Roger's treasure.

I'm sure everyone's thought about what Roger's "One Piece" is. I was thinking recently that it's probably something most would find worthless, just as Luffy's treasure is his hat. But what sort of treasure like that would be left at Raftel to be found? Then I thought well maybe Roger's nakama are his treasure, and that's where many of them reside now. I based those two ideas on how Luffy and Roger are so often compared, and if there positions were switched, what would be so valuable to Luffy at Raftel. However, I think I came up with the best possibility of what "One Piece" is. What would be so valuable to someone like Roger and Luffy? Why is it at Raftel, at the end of the Grand Line? Why does Roger want others to try to find it?

One Piece is not a physical object.

ONE PIECE IS THE ADVENTURE!

The adventure of being a pirate, of living free and sailing the world with your nakama, and fulfilling your dreams and desires along the way. This is what Roger experienced, and Raftel can be thought of as the last stop on the journey. Roger's last words were meant to have people experience the same. And this is why I think Luffy will achieve One Piece first. He's probably the only one that can really comprehend and appreciate it.
 

Absolutio

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
1,750
Reaction score
66
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: One Piece: Gol D. Roger's treasure.

There is already an existing thread called "What Exactly IS One Piece".. But I'm too lazy to find and post it here. Good think I'm not a mod.
And although the adventure is part of the magic. I don't think that this is the treasure. Maybe there is no One Piece, but there's something in Raftel alright.

Moderator Notice:
Yes, there was an existing thread, and the two have now been merged. Obviously, considering the thread in which you're reading this. In the future, people, please, before making new threads, use the Search function, or check the Tree of Knowledge Index to see if there's already an existing thread that discusses the topic you want to make a new thread about.~ Imitorar
 
Last edited by a moderator:

evozoku

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2006
Messages
76
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What is One Piece?!?!

I knew a thread already existed, but that it hasn't been used in quite some time (July it seems), and also figured this is as much of a personal rant about one idea instead of asking for ideas. Sorry.

Moderator Notice:
The fact the thread is old isn't reason enough to open another one about the same topic.~ Luckas
 
Last edited by a moderator:

kazuma_uzumaki

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2007
Messages
301
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What is One Piece?!?!

Well it probably wont happen but...

Somehow Gold Roger didn't die and he appears before the crew when they find it. I could tottaly imagine that....

I'm thinking instead of the whole crew finding it, only Luffy as the captain would find it.

It doesnt seem as though it would be gold or treasure. Something spiritual


maybe a devil fruit with every single power a devil fruit has :D
 

Listic

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 17, 2007
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Denmark
Re: One Piece: Gol D. Roger's treasure.

I'm sure everyone's thought about what Roger's "One Piece" is. I was thinking recently that it's probably something most would find worthless, just as Luffy's treasure is his hat. But what sort of treasure like that would be left at Raftel to be found? Then I thought well maybe Roger's nakama are his treasure, and that's where many of them reside now. I based those two ideas on how Luffy and Roger are so often compared, and if there positions were switched, what would be so valuable to Luffy at Raftel. However, I think I came up with the best possibility of what "One Piece" is. What would be so valuable to someone like Roger and Luffy? Why is it at Raftel, at the end of the Grand Line? Why does Roger want others to try to find it?

One Piece is not a physical object.

ONE PIECE IS THE ADVENTURE!

The adventure of being a pirate, of living free and sailing the world with your nakama, and fulfilling your dreams and desires along the way. This is what Roger experienced, and Raftel can be thought of as the last stop on the journey. Roger's last words were meant to have people experience the same. And this is why I think Luffy will achieve One Piece first. He's probably the only one that can really comprehend and appreciate it.
One Piece being an adventure, and not a physical thing is... my exact thoughts. It seems to me that Gold Roger just wants more people, people like Luffy, to experience the great adventure of being a pirate. The whole experience is enough to people like Gold Roger and Luffy.
 

PirateKing128

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 20, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What is One Piece?!?!

I believe this is how all of One Piece will end:

One Piece is the knowledge that the world is round. There is no actual north blue, south blue, west blue, or east blue. The world is round so all the oceans meet; All-Blue (this completes Luffy's and Sanji's dreams btw).

At no point in the manga or anime does it ever show or mention that the world is round. All the maps that are shown are flat.

One Piece itself is a word that can bring up worthy speculation for this. One Piece. The entire world is really just one single piece. No oceans are truly separated and all pirates roam freely in one world.

Does anyone have any evidence to support or this? Being proven otherwise would be nice too!
 

gfire2

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
526
Reaction score
51
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Raftel Discussion Thread

I believe this is how all of One Piece will end:

One Piece is the knowledge that the world is round. There is no actual north blue, south blue, west blue, or east blue. The world is round so all the oceans meet; All-Blue (this completes Luffy's and Sanji's dreams btw).

At no point in the manga or anime does it ever show or mention that the world is round. All the maps that are shown are flat.

One Piece itself is a word that can bring up worthy speculation for this. One Piece. The entire world is really just one single piece. No oceans are truly separated and all pirates roam freely in one world.

Does anyone have any evidence to support or this? Being proven otherwise would be nice too!
lol are u serious?? we have flat maps on earth here too u noe. i believe wen they are approachin red line im sure that alreadi suggests the world is round.

i believe at the end of one piece is nothing. just one last prank the great king played on the world


Moderator Notice:
Post's moved~ Yabe
 
Last edited by a moderator:

RobinotX

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2008
Messages
174
Reaction score
229
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: One Piece 518 Discussion/519 Predictions

Pic

Well here you see a round world :)


Moderator Notice:
Post's moved.~ Yabe
 
Last edited by a moderator:

hossice

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
461
Reaction score
80
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: What is One Piece?!?!

one piece. is.....a final place where the crew that reaches the spot gets to relax and live there. w/ endless services. anything needed they get. (this would complete everyones dreams in one piece/shot =P )
 
Top