What does the tattoo or mark on Chrollo's head represent? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

What does the tattoo or mark on Chrollo's head represent?

GingFuriksu

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I've always wondered what was the point of that tattoo/mark? Is it suppose to mean anything?

Why did he go out of his way to hide it when he met up with Neon?

What do you guys think it means?

Phantron

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's a reversed cross. It can either mean he's like some kind of anti-christ or that he just doesn't believe in God in general. Since the background of HXH is similar to the real world it's probably a good idea not to go around wearing such a mark when you're trying to look like a normal guy.

zzigg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
he has peter's cross behind his jacket so i think the same thing in his forehead..since peter's cross come in different forms .
and it's a a symbol of humility.

Phantron

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's called 'the reverse cross' in the prophecy as well as when Killua first saw him from far away.

It's probably not a sign of friendliness. Although he's not afraid to show it, he certainly went out of his way to hide it when he's trying to pretend to be just a normal guy.

Tombadgerlock

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
It's a reversed cross. It can either mean he's like some kind of anti-christ or that he just doesn't believe in God in general. Since the background of HXH is similar to the real world it's probably a good idea not to go around wearing such a mark when you're trying to look like a normal guy.
It's called 'the reverse cross' in the prophecy as well as when Killua first saw him from far away.

It's probably not a sign of friendliness. Although he's not afraid to show it, he certainly went out of his way to hide it when he's trying to pretend to be just a normal guy.
he has peter's cross behind his jacket so i think the same thing in his forehead..since peter's cross come in different forms .
and it's a a symbol of humility.

As Souhail said, this cross is called St Peter's cross, because St Peter asked to be crucified in a inversed cross as he didn't deserve the same honor as the Christ.

It is a symbol of humility. And yes, the subs do say 'St Peter's cross' in the prophecy.

mousiehamster

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Coz it's really freaky and screams VILLAIN.

KingOfNight

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
This is St. Peter cross indeed as many said above. He felt he is unworthy of having the same death as christ.

However, as of now it is a satanist symbol.

Kiba

Reaction score
Country
Germany
This is St. Peter cross indeed as many said above. He felt he is unworthy of having the same death as christ.

However, as of now it is a satanist symbol.
Hmm... weird somehow this doesnt fits than chrollo if you ask me

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Shizuku also wears a cross, a pendant. and she's one of the original members of genei ryodan right?

dougbp

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Shizuku also wears a cross, a pendant. and she's one of the original members of genei ryodan right?

Nope! Shizuku took the place of ex-number 8 of Genei Ryodan. Analyzing the cronology of the facts that Togashi used, we can deduce that the ex-number 8 was killed by Silva. The original members were Chrollo, Feitan, Franklin, Machi, Nobunaga, Pakunoda, and Uvogin.

KingOfNight

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Hmm... weird somehow this doesnt fits than chrollo if you ask me
Well, I think it actually does ! You know fits his cool and demonic nature.

Abdou liverpool

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
It is saint peters's cross ...i've heard a theory about chrollo's beliefs ..he has a determinism philosophy where he believes that everything is predetermined by God ...and + he likes to read ancient books like the bible so he probably got inspired by Jesus's story ...that's why he believes in the afterlife and the spirits ...he's probably a Christian

Son Detective Asurei

Reaction score
Country
United States
It is saint peters's cross ...i've heard a theory about chrollo's beliefs ..he has a determinism philosophy where he believes that everything is predetermined by God ...and + he likes to read ancient books like the bible so he probably got inspired by Jesus's story ...that's why he believes in the afterlife and the spirits ...he's probably a Christian
Completely agree with you.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

In my opinion, I think the cross represents the religious symbolism that Togashi had designed Chrollo after. If you noticed, in his previous work, YuYu Hakusho, Togashi had Shinobu Sensui’s forehead mark designed after Buddha’s forehead symbol. And since Chrollo is based off Shinobu, the cross could represent a twisted, complex self righteous mentality.

Paze

Reaction score
Country
United States
Jesus had 12 apostles, and 1 betrayed him, the phantom troupe had 12 members and Hisoka was one and betrayed Chrollo. It might be related to that.