Life What happens when you die?

weehoo107

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2009
Messages
341
Reaction score
149
Gender
Female
Country
United States
heaven, hell, or purgatory.
hell - if you've been exceptionally bad. i can only imagine O.o

Purgatory - you've been bad, you've been good, and you know it. but you haven't confessed ;] there are 7 levels of Purgatory, the 7th being the farthest from Heaven, the 1st being the closest. you stay in that level for an amount of time until your sins are made up for [you are put through different things varying on the level you are on] and then it's off to Heaven! [ dont think it's that easy though. 50, 60, 70 years is normal when you're waiting.]

Heaven. the REAL big apple. when you've been good and true to God's word. now you dont even have to be Christian to go to Heaven, though it would make it a lot easier. if you lead your life free from most sin and other temptations, most likely you will go to Heaven or the level of purgatory closest to it. it really helps if you believe in God though. I'm Catholic ;]
 

Harinezumi

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2009
Messages
56
Reaction score
5
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I have no idea, really. :D

Although, I don't believe in Hell. What I think though is that there is Heaven and Purgatory and that's it. Heaven is Heaven, that's simple. I believe Purgatory, on the other hand is a second chance at life - sort of like reincarnation. :D
 

Fugitive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
278
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
Antarctica
after you die, your brain stops working and your body eventually decays. your body is split up into the billions of particles that make it up and is recycled into the earth. years later those particles make their way through food into a womb and become part of a fetus. Thus, you are re-incarnated as another living being (though not your whole being).

Reincarnation in a nutshell.
^^THIS. That is all. Nothing else.
 

Stone

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2006
Messages
112
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Denmark
Abu seem to have the most likely point of view.

There's also the option that we might just be in an eternal dream like state, would be good to know afterlife exsist, but even if it doesn't it help people believing which makes there death easier.
 

ringoshu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 11, 2009
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
You reincarnate, makes sense to me ;P
 

reinen

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2009
Messages
75
Reaction score
15
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I don't know, I'm curious...I'd like to try die once :P (jk)

If I die, then I hope nobody gonna mourn for me... I hate that.
 

Lion

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2006
Messages
81
Reaction score
18
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
You're dead, that's it. Game over. No white lights, no nothing.

From that point on, you as you do not exist.
 

Fortisdiablos

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
687
Reaction score
84
Gender
Male
Country
Egypt
You re-enter the life stream.
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Heaven or hell but first Judgement day :wtf
 

candy rain

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 11, 2009
Messages
36
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
France
when i was die, finding that my money still didnt use out .......
 
Last edited by a moderator:

ShirubiaLamperouge

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
387
Reaction score
50
Gender
Female
Country
New Zealand
I don't really believe in anything after death. I find the idea of heaven and hell so... Idealistic. People might want people who have done bad things to be punished by some great all powerful entity that knows all, but that's not going to happen. I think the only consequences of actions are the consequences that occur here in this life.

I do believe in some kind of soul, possibly for the same reason that some people believe in an afterlife- because they're scared of the alternative. I don't want to believe that all I am is made of how certain chemicals in my brain react with each other or whatever. I don't want to believe that all forms of life are just like incredibly engineered robots, because then I'm not who I am. It means that I'm not ME, and each of my thoughts isn't coming from who I feel I am, they're just elaborations on links that have already been formed in the lump of mushy stuff inside my skull. I don't want to be a machine, and so I don't believe that it's possible for a human mind, or any other conscious mind, to be explained by just science.

But, while I believe in a soul, I don't believe that that soul lives on after the body dies. I don't believe in reincarnation, or in some life force or whatever, I think you just fade away.

But that's not necessarily a bad thing. I don't want to die for a long time, but when it is time, I think I'd rather face death than eternity.
 

Doragon

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2009
Messages
282
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You go to Mu. Nuff' said.
 

Ascension

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2009
Messages
98
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just have to say I'm thoroughly impressed how civil you all are over such a sensitive subject. All be praised =)
 

Roarchu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
291
Reaction score
96
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
The same thing that happened who knows how many years before you were born probly
 

Slain

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 3, 2009
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
South Africa
That is probly true.:blink
 

laserlipo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 5, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Hi all...
I don't have any idea about that, no one has any idea about what happens after death.
As per old stories each person after death goes to god of death, he will calculate what you have done wrong on earth and what wright...
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
i just can't think of my mind not exisiting,because i think we will only vanish and everything will be,as someone allready said, the same as before we were born,but i just can't imagine it:bored
i think the biggest problem for me(and probably for others,too) is our selfishness,that we can't think of a us not existing!maybe that's why...
 

Entwined Destiny

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
18
Reaction score
1
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I think nothings gonna happen when we die.We will probably disintigrate and remain on earth for thousands of years somewhere underground.At least thats what I think..Speaking as the atheist I am
 

Hatsune_Miku

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 16, 2009
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
virgins...oh wait that's another religion.. ^_^;
well, a long list of sins...a rewind on my freaking past and my nakie self..
 

axellover2

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 19, 2009
Messages
246
Reaction score
50
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Im Christian,so I believe in the whole heaven and hell thing.You know your physical body will turn to fertilizer,but your spirit/soul will go on.
 
Top