Theory - What if the Revolution had failed? | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory What if the Revolution had failed?

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
It's theory, but in the actual selection there's at least one character from a winning pair before all the players who lost their matches. It doesn't make sense to me that neither Oishi nor Niou (whoever the coaches give more credit for the win) is ranked similarly despite their win against 15/16, opponents that were ranked higher than Shiraishi's opponents. There's also the fact that none of Inui, Momoshiro and Kenya made the selection despite also winning against opponents that were all ranked higher than Miyako/Matsudaira.

I think if all the BJB matches (both vs 11-20 and vs 2nd court) were actually considered like you're suggesting you'd be left with something like this (assuming G10 matches take place for a second):
No. 1 Atobe [Beat No. 9]
No. 2 Yukimura [Beat No. 11]
No. 3 Kawamura [Beat No. 13]
No. 4 Tooyama [Beat No. 14]
No. 5 Oishi [Beat No. 15/16]
No. 6 Niou [Beat No. 15/16]
No. 7 Inui [Beat No. 17]
No. 8 Kenya [Beat No. 18/19]
No. 9 Momoshiro [Beat No. 18/19]
No. 10 Sanada [Beat 2nd Court (probably)]
No. 11 Yanagi [Beat 2nd Court (probably)]
No. 12 Tanishi [Beat 2nd Court (probably)]
No. 13 Shiraishi [Beat 3rd Court]
No. 14 Kirihara [Shiraishi's partner]

ybr99

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ryoma?

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, I was going with him getting thrown out there, but he'd probably be either 10th or 14th. Kirihara would drop out in any case.

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Well, there's also looking at the stats and it seems that some court 3 players have higher base stats than the 1st stringer (due to their training or whatever). And the coach do look at overall potential as well and not just straight match result. The coach see Kite/Marui as higher potential than Momoshiro/Kenya. That's why Fuji is in the selection. It's not something that you can just look at the match result and decide. I think Fuji would be in regardless of whether or not revolution succeed or fail.

Either way, I'm pretty sure that players who play 11-20 (Yukimura/Kintarou) are safe regardless. Oishi, Niou and Fuji also should be in. The winners in court 3 vs court 5 are as well. The rest depends on how you view the selection.

Phantron

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
If the revolution failed then they'd have gone with the initial matchup against G10. Oni would have an interesting match against Tanegashima. Tokugawa would've beaten Byodoin because he'd never have been hit by the glowing shot that night assuming everything else panned out exactly the same. Everyone else would've lost badly. Maybe Yamato will win just because he's Yamato (I think he was in the #10 spot).