Discussion What is a Zengohen?

Rishu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 25, 2009
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
I didn't really know where to post this so I hope it's alright to ask the question here :blink
I often find manga announcements at magazine websites where a manga is entitled a "Zengohen" (前後編). What is a Zengohen? I can't speak Japanese and I don't have friends who can so I'm usually helping myself with Babelfish. But Babelfish translates it as "front and back compilation" and I don't understand what this could mean either. I know what a "Yomikiri" or "Rensai" is but I really can't find out the meaning of "Zengohen". Can somebody explain it, please? :confused:
To show what I mean: in the next Cookie issue there will be a Kirakira 100% "Zengohen". (http://cookie.shueisha.co.jp/yokoku/index.html - you have to scroll down)
 

Mushashi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2009
Messages
501
Reaction score
52
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
it is the japenese word for an omnibus, the front and back compilation is the series back to back combined to gether, although omnibus is 3, a zengohen can be either 2 or 3 there is no specific limit but it is rare to get a zengohen over 3.
 

Teaparty

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 4, 2009
Messages
43
Reaction score
7
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
It means the story is split into 2 or more parts.
Front (前) being part one, and back (後) being the last part.
 
Top