Language What Languages do you know?

Jafoi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 4, 2007
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Just portuguese, english and spanish.

[ichi]Added[/ichi]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Misury

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
262
Reaction score
29
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Switzerland
German (native)
Swiss (native)
English (very well, I think)
Spanish (studying)
Italian (not so well, but I could easily survive in Italy)
French (good)
Croatian (native, but not so good in writing)
Russian (just understanding and a bit reading)
 
Last edited:

Pollux

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2007
Messages
252
Reaction score
11
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
France
French (native)
English (fluent)
German (not really good)


Moderator Notice:
Added Misury and Pollux~ PY
 
Last edited by a moderator:

mewtant_x

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2007
Messages
77
Reaction score
12
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Fluent in both Chinese and English, no problem in reading and writing for both. Studying level 2 Japanese.
 

erurainon

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 23, 2007
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
Hi!

I speak:

- catalan (native)
- Spanish (almost native, too XD)
- English (fluent)
- French (I understand it quite well, but I find it really difficult to write or even have a conversation.

Ciao!

Moderator Notice:
Added mewtant_x and erurainon~ PY
 
Last edited by a moderator:

aky0

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2006
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
France
Only 4 :
  • Cantonese (native)
  • French (living in France)
  • English (studying at school)
  • Spanish (studying at school)
:)

Moderator Notice:
Don't remember when, but added :smile-big~ PY
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Houjou

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
1,177
Reaction score
332
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mongolia
Wow, french schools teach Spanish? :O
(or it's optional?)
 

Ominae

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 11, 2007
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
English (Had to learn since I was studying in International School in HK)
Tagalog (Dunno, seemed natural to me when I returned back to Philippines)
Fookien (Really suck here due to my parents not speaking this with us)
Japanese (A little bit. Will have my Japanese language assessed)

[ichi]Added[/ichi]:D
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Dofla

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
781
Reaction score
5,121
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
France
Wow, french schools teach Spanish? :O
(or it's optional?)
When you enter at the academy (secundary school) you have to choose 2 languages to learn between these 3 ( english/ spanish/german) and a third one if you want like latin or the left language f.e.
One as first language and a second as the second language, it's a matter of coefficient ~~

Commonly, english the first language, but many choose german as first language... there's many combination.
Arabic, portuguese are also learned in many academies.
 

prag_27

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2007
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
India
I can read, write, speak: English, Spanish, Thai

I can speak: 2 indian languages...

I can understand a bit of : japanese ( can speak a bit too ), a suuuuuper weeny bit of Chinese
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
prag, which Indian languages do you know?

(added you to the list, btw :amuse)
 

prag_27

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2007
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
India
um...it's actually a mix.....like...our ancestors came from the state of Andhra Pradesh..where they spoke Telegu and they migrated down to Tamil Nadu....which speaks Tamil O_O.....so my mother tongue is actually a mix between the two......and I can speak Tamil....along with my mother tongue =P.....we call our mother tongue Telegu btw....its pronounced more like Telungu IMO O_O......

(what list? O_O)

oh! and my dad's assistant used to work in the airlines so he was talking about all the languages he had to memorize and my driver is like....oh! they speak maio maio in singapore!!!! and im like..it's MEIo...and it's chinese =='.....and im like OMG O_O I spoke chinese!!! LOL << and no im not rich..the driver and the car is owned by the company because we aren't citizens of this country O_O......we just have a work permit....so all the stuff we own....is.....the movable stuff O_O...like..clothes, toys...tissue box...extension cords....flower pots.....and stuff O_O LOL XD >>


Moderator Notice:
The list on the first page :amuse and added again~ PY
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Houjou

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
1,177
Reaction score
332
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mongolia
When you enter at the academy (secundary school) you have to choose 2 languages to learn between these 3 ( english/ spanish/german) and a third one if you want like latin or the left language f.e.
One as first language and a second as the second language, it's a matter of coefficient ~~

Commonly, english the first language, but many choose german as first language... there's many combination.
Arabic, portuguese are also learned in many academies.
Wow, thanks for the info, interesting ^^

In spanish high schools we have to learn english (by imperative) and we can only choose if we want to learn French, Latins and similars or no one of them :S
 

Karriet~.

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 23, 2007
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
can speak and write Portuguese, English and some Spanish (only because of school lessons o_o)
understand Italian and a little bit of French.
 

rikki

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
93
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
English, had 4 years of Italian (and haven't really spoken any for close to 4 years now. Should be able to pick it up super quick tho if I get interested or motivated in it again) and currently doing a Japanese Language Major in University, tho only a First Year Student atm (second semester just started and back into learning again!)
 

twile

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
57
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
United States
English - I can speak, read, and understand it fluently
Spanish - I can speak and read some basic stuff, I can understand if ppl talk slowly XDXD
Vietnamese - I can speak it somewhat, and can read it somewhat, and understand it somewhat... sad I kno T.T

[ichi]Added[/ichi]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Kelko

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 23, 2006
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Nauru
Basque (native)
Spanish (almost native)
English (very well)
German (3 years in school, until I was 15)

Moderator Notice:
added~ PY
 
Last edited by a moderator:

auee

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 5, 2007
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Sweden
Swedish, English, Persian, a little bit of japanese, Danish... and I understand Norweigan. I've been studying Spanish for 5 years now, but not fluent yet. :)

Moderator Notice:
added!~ PY
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Wild Star

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 5, 2007
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I can speak fluently English (obviously), Tagalog (I'm Filipino), and Japanese (I actually translate)

And i'm also learning Spanish. ^^ Just for fun. :)


Moderator Notice:
added ^^~ PY
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Fires

Intl Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2007
Messages
183
Reaction score
6
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
1.- Spanish (Native)
2.- English (Since i was in primary)
3.- Italian ( Thx to my grandfather)
4.- Japanese (Taking now)
5.- Chinese (Taking now)
6. French ( A little, Probably taking soon)

Moderator Notice:
added you ^^~ PY
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top