Language What Languages do you know?

Crow-Kun

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 28, 2007
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I know English only but I would like to learn either French or Spanish

[yomiko]added you ^^[/yomiko]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

~Lilium~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
1,519
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
British Antarctic Territory
hello! just added another to my list :XD chinese! i'm taking classes right now anyway.. i hope i can learn it. its not too hard yet....

btw, LH yay70 was me before. just thought you should know :)

[yomiko]added it, Lil, and I'll change your name on the old ones too ^^[/yomiko]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

SkyKing

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2007
Messages
75
Reaction score
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Fluently thai although i forgot how to read or write in thai. English, French. Toke 5 years of French classes during midde and high school. Droped the course during half the school year last year. Learned spanish before french but switches, only a year though. Japanese, watch anime daily, so i should be somewhat good at it. Plus i plan on taking japanese learning courses outside of school. I blame the school for not offering japanese as an alternative class.
 

Bouland

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 29, 2007
Messages
16
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Kuwait
Arabic - native
English - advanced
japanese - 150 kanji and counting

other languages that i'll be learning in the near furure
spanish
french

languages i'm considering
chinese
italian
german

[yomiko]added SkyKing and Bouland ^^[/yomiko]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Miken-chan

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
146
Reaction score
123
Gender
Female
Country
United States
English - fluent
Chinese - native, but due to living outside the country, I can't really get the hang of all the idioms
French - Learning

Other languages studied
Latin - Just 2 years' worth of material

Planning to learn
Japanese (on my own time)

[yomiko]added ^^[/yomiko]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Punky fish

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2007
Messages
216
Reaction score
90
Gender
Hidden
Country
Finland
Finnish, English, German, Swedish (i cant speak it so well but if i read it i understand most of it), Japanese ( i know all hiragana and some katakana and few kanji, and I can speak it a little, and I have a teacher who is from japan :) ). A good way to learn any language is to use it as much as you can. When I think about something I usually don't think in finnish, I think in english or in japanese.

[yomiko]added ^^[/yomiko]
 
Last edited:

kiddo7

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
931
Reaction score
23
Gender
Hidden
Country
Austria
Finnish, English, German, Swedish (i cant speak it so well but if i read it i understand most of it), Japanese ( i know almost all hiragana and some katakana and few kanji, and I can speak it a little, and I have a teacher who is from japan :) ). A good way to learn any language is to use it as much as you can. When I think about something I usually don't think in finnish, I think in english or in japanese.
wow 12 years old and you already speak 5 languages, you are both gifted and fortunate. And many of your friends must envy you.
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah. Damn im 16 and I only know one language. Im like pathetic.
 

Punky fish

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2007
Messages
216
Reaction score
90
Gender
Hidden
Country
Finland
And many of your friends must envy you
Hmm I don't know about that......in Finland everyone speaks at least three languages.Only german and japanese are what I chose myself. But......some of my friends are like "Hey speak a little german! Say something cool!".
 
Last edited:

kiddo7

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
931
Reaction score
23
Gender
Hidden
Country
Austria
I know what you mean, I only speak three languages and people are constantly asking me to speak in languages they don't know... But they also say they envy me :tem
 

Mel_Luvz_Anime

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2007
Messages
321
Reaction score
218
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Fluent in English, somewhat fluent in Japanese but never will stop learning new stuff, Hindi (mother tongue but not that well*ashamed*), forced to learn Afrikaans when I was young, I know one or 2 words of Zulu since I had a maid for most of my childhood in South Africa. I learnt Chinese for 6 months in year 6, French for 6 months in year 9, German for like 2 months can't remember when. Went to Pakistan for 1 month for a holiday, so I know some Urdu and Punjabi ^_^
 

zidane

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
1,497
Reaction score
1,162
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
well...my mothertongue's are German and Russian (both absolutely fluent)...and i'm kinda interested in studying linguistic...

well...of course also english...and i've learned French for 5 years...so i'm fluent in it, and still use it, while i'm on french site's...and france isn't too far away from stuttgart^^

and i kinda started learning japanese a month ago...well...hiragana isn't sooo difficult...but just thinking about learning 2000 Kanji, makes me insane :D

and well...spanisch and italian aren't so much of a difference in comparison to french...so you can say that i speak'em a bit :D but write them would be too much for me...

anyway, my actual goal still is learning Japanese :D
 

Nakor BlueRider

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Aside from English, I speak a little German (I used to speak it better, but I'm way too out of practice now) and I speak, read, and write Japanese decently. (I could pass a 3-kyuu JLPT test no problem + 2-kyuu vocab, but I'm still studying the kanji + grammar to meet the 2-kyuu level.)

[yomiko]added Mel_Luvz_Anime, zidane21ps, and Nakor ^^[/yomiko]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

chaosdoifal2

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 9, 2007
Messages
20
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
1) German (cause i am german)
2) French (a little bit)
3) English (some)
4) Russian (only understanding spoken words, a little little little little little little little little little little little little little little little bit)

[yomiko]added ^^[/yomiko]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Yume

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 8, 2007
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
France
I speak & I read French, English and Japanese.
I understand a little Italian . =^.^=


[ichi]Added[/ichi]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

shiyo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
i'm fluent in english and japanese. about to take italian pretty soon...

[yomiko]added ^^[/yomiko]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Kodama

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 13, 2007
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Australia
English - Decent(Half Australian)
Mandarin- Terrible (Half Chinese)
Indonesian - Terrible (Lived in Indonesia for 4 years)
Malay - Terrible (lived in Malaysia for 5 years)
Korean - Terrible (Studied it in Japan for 6 months)
French - Terrible (Studied in Indonesia for 3 years)
Portuguese - Terrible (Learnt how to swear and ask for stuff off friends)
Spanish - Terrible (took some random course once upon a time)
Italian - Terrible (as above)
Greek - Terrible (studied in Australia for 4 years)
Dutch - Terrible (learnt stuff off friends and took a course)
German - Terrible - (learnt off friends, never took a course)
Japanese - OK (説明は後でちゅぅ (っ◕ ◡ ◕)ノ )

Moderator Notice:
Added only English and Japanese~ ~ snoogen0120
 
Last edited by a moderator:

DesoNoto

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
I know:
English(fluent)
Spanish(fluent)

Moderator Notice:
Added ^^~ ~snoogen0120
 
Last edited by a moderator:

[email protected]

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 6, 2007
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
I know Chinese(spoken and written almost fully)
Cantonese(hears a lot XD a little bit of speaking)
Malay ( im Malaysian)
and of course English
That's about it

Moderator Notice:
Added~ ~ snooge
 
Last edited by a moderator:

yawning_clouds

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 19, 2007
Messages
6
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
I speak

1/ English
2/ Urdu-Hindi
3/ Punjabi
4/ Spanish (3 years in school, weak)
5/ French (8 years in school, weak)

would love to learn, Mandarin

Moderator Notice:
added ~ ~snooge
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top