Language What Languages do you know?

qwan3356

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2006
Messages
1,080
Reaction score
24
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
English, and a lil Spanish
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
rankgain said:
Yeah, I need like two years of a foreign language.
It's the same here. We need either three years of one language, or two years each for two differnet languages (like 2 years german and 2 years french)

I'm considering learnign latin or something in college, if I have to take a language. I took french for three years in highschool but I sucked at it and remember very little >.>

I've learned a little gaelic lately though ^^ and if it was taught as a class I'd take it in a heatbeat ^^
 

ichigo83

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Languages aye...Well I speak Canadian aye...jk.... :p und ich spreche keine deutche und ich komme mit dem bus zur schule. Im also taking Japanese for the first year so I know a little bit of that too.
 

chison

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2006
Messages
84
Reaction score
3
Age
40
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Kingdom
chinese......i would say i'm mastered all the general talk and writing

japanese......watchs and learn from anime(listening OK, typing slow but can get the result OK)
....some english(listening OK,can write a little bit)
 

rankgain

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2006
Messages
580
Reaction score
11
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
chison said:
chinese......i would say i'm mastered all the general talk and writing

japanese......watchs and learn from anime(listening OK, typing slow but can get the result OK)
....some english(listening OK,can write a little bit)
Hey look! It's Chison from the Ossu! board! Welcome to MangaHelpers! :)
 

Orosuke

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 29, 2006
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Zulu...60%
English... 10000%
Afrikaans... about 25%
German... 25%
Latin 25%

Way too little.
 

aky0

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2006
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
France
I speak... French, English & Cantonese.

I should have to say Spanish, but I'm more than a n00b in spanish ^^
 

Mr Manga

Intl Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 6, 2006
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
France
As I'm French, I know French :amuse And, others langages: English (not too bad), Spanish (not too bad with a dictionary) and a very little bit of Japanese (my vocabulary is really... poor :smile-big)...
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
I'm Haitian. So that means that I speak Haitian Creole and French. For the other languages, I am fluent and English and almost fluent in Spanish. I'm kind learning Japanese right now, so I can say that I don't know much.
 

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Polish (of kors ;p)
English (hmm I study that, but I didn;t pay attention to my grammar :x)
Russian (a little, now learning)
German (little, learn in high school)
Japanese (very little)
 

Aladar

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2006
Messages
491
Reaction score
67
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Czech Republic
Well, I only know Czech and English - I understand English pretty good, but have problems with grammar.. and it is obvious from my posts.. :D
 

Locard

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 16, 2006
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Country
Venezuela
I can speak spanish.

better than english indeed
 

Acalia

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2006
Messages
562
Reaction score
354
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
juUnior said:
Polish (of kors ;p)
English (hmm I study that, but I didn;t pay attention to my grammar :x)
Polish (ofkors :] BTW.weird language... )
English ( honestly i hate grammar and i'm always afraid that i'm making too many mistakes...:( But english is my favourite one ^^ )
German (very average knowledge but i can say something :) )
Spanish (poor, this is my second language in high school[german is first])
And Latin :) (surpirse!!)
 

Rurouni Gio

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 23, 2006
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
-Greek (Perfect, i'm half Greek (From Mother) and i'm living in Greece right now)
-English (I write English better than i do Greek, however, i do not speak English as good as Greek)
-Spanish (Native Language, i was born in Venezuela, so i Speak and write Spanish better than English, or Greek)
-Italian (My other half is Italian (From Father), so my father has taught Italian, but i'm not that confident speaking it, i mean, i prefer to listen, plus from the languages i speak is the one i'm the worst on, and besides don't rally like it, is kinda Spanish half spoken xP).

And that's about it xP.
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
If you are interested there are threads in which you can talk in Spanish, Italian and Greek in this section of the MH.
 

*Mel*

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2007
Messages
665
Reaction score
129
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
1st - Portuguese
2nd - English
3rd - Spanish
4th - French (just a bit), Italian (more or less)
5th - Japanese (studying =/)
 

yira_heerai

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 9, 2006
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
English is my primary language and I took two years of French during high school.

Sign Language is becoming a must for me, but I'm afraid I don't know as much as I should right now.

You would think, considering that I live in New Mexico, that I would know quite a bit of Spanish, but I don't. I can only half guess at what people say when they speak or write it.
 

Hitsugaya_333

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
722
Reaction score
30
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
English: primary
French: In French 3 now in high school, can get by well, it ii quite easy for me.
German: Teaching myself, know about as much as French.
Japanese: taking soon
Spanish: taking soon
 

Seiken

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2006
Messages
91
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Norwegian and English. And I can understand Swedish and Danish.

...have to learn some new languages soon... :blink
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Alex-san said:
Norwegian and English. And I can understand Swedish and Danish.

...have to learn some new languages soon... :blink
what's your original language?
 
Top