Discussion What Manga Do You Read?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Siedhr said:
Funny, the page works perfectly for me. They have up to chapter 21. Another source is #lurk, of course, those guys have everything.
Thanks.
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
fireballer666 said:
hehe I guess not, soooo Lets stay away from talking about slamdunk anyways....who here has read Girl's Bravo
Nah, i dont think so. You arent getting off that easy. I dont see what you saw wrong in Hanamichi or the game play. Its one thing to do dislike basketball and whatever but the characters are really varied and all have their own things that they have to overcome, which in the end they do. You see he team come together and you feel for all the characters. The game of basketball is represented so well also. Sorry but if you are gonna come down on Inoue, you better bring the heat. (also kaizoku-fansubs has nothing to do with slam dunk. They fansub one piece)
 

FHT

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2006
Messages
167
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
Well, since Gantz finished until November, right now I'm reading Chobits. It has a very interesting story, but sometimes it's too corny (well, since is shojo, I don't blame it), but sometimes is very funny.
Other, manga I'm trying (yes, trying. I don't have too much free time) to read is Hellsing. Lots of people told me is a very cool manga (and anime, of course) and I'm gonna give it a shot.

_________________________________________________
Advertising:​
If you want to to read manga in spanish, visit Nikai.cl and you can find FullMetal Alchemist and many more.​
 

fireballer666

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Chobits is very unshoujo, the artwork isn't shoujo-ish and the story is more serious tham most shoujo, but yeah, I thought it was kind of a weak manga
 

FHT

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2006
Messages
167
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
Well, you're rght about that. The artwork is not shoujo and is a little bit more serious than avarage shoujo out there, but is definately shoujo. Some parts are really corny, but most of the time is cool. For my opinion, the best one I'v read. XD
 

glasskatana

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
81
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm reading FMA constantly now. Reading and re-reading, and it still never gets old.
 

fireballer666

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
FHT Fansubber said:
Well, you're rght about that. The artwork is not shoujo and is a little bit more serious than avarage shoujo out there, but is definately shoujo. Some parts are really corny, but most of the time is cool. For my opinion, the best one I'v read. XD
Nah believe me, SHoujo means meant for little girls or girls, and chobits is supposed to interest both sexes, so it's not classified under Shounen, shoujo, seinen or the other thing....

And yes glasskatana, FMA is very very very good. But One Piece is the best....PERIOD!
 

Guimas_moraes

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 3, 2006
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
i reading some good stuff:

1) To-Love-Ru (by KEFI)
2) Black God (by VGM & Null)
3) 20th Century Boys (by Manga-Heaven) Waiting for the vol.22
4) NHK (by Evil-Genius)
5) A Spirit of the Sun (by manga-Screener)
6) Hells Angels (by Tama-Scans)
7) Old Boy (by BlackOut)
8) Pluto (by Manga-Screener)
9) Bokurano (by manga-Screener)
10) Reborn (by KEFI)
11) Shin Angyo Onshi (by ETC)
12) Zombie Loan (by Mobots)
 

edreinionian

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 3, 2006
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

-Fushigi Yugi (Genbu Kaiden or the actual series, it doesn't matter. Yuu Watase's work is good, seriously)
-Ceres:Celestial Legend (A dark twist compared to her other work; really gets you going)
-Inuyasha (Though I suggest watching it is better)
-Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles (All hail Syaoran!! :smile-big)
-Faeries' Landing (Don't let the funny-looking cover fool you, the art's actually quite good and is a relief from suspense)
-Rurouni Kenshin (Or Samurai X, but the manga's called RK)
-Her Majesty's Dog (Again, another release from suspense 'cause this has all the sweet fluff without any constant pressure of danger)
-XXX Holic (One of CLAMP'S work, supernatural/humour genre)

There you go. :amuse i'll update a better manga list when i read more.
 

Boss

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2006
Messages
127
Reaction score
1
I'm not sure if this all but, I've finished:

Dragonball Z
Chobits
Yugioh
GTO
Black Cat
Street Fighter I (Udon)
Samurai Deeper Kyo ( I cant remember anymore O_o)
Edit: Getbackers

I am currently up to date on;

Hajime no Ippo
Vagabond
Naruto
Bleach
Ragnarok (by Myuung Jin Lee, wonder if he'll ever finish it >_>)
Eyeshield 21
Street Fighter II (Udon)
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
oh man, i need to get up to date in street fighter 2 and *cough* vagabond... *runs away*
 

Boss

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2006
Messages
127
Reaction score
1
NeoShweaty said:
oh man, i need to get up to date in street fighter 2 and *cough* vagabond... *runs away*
OMG SHWEATY? Your not up to date on Vagabond? :@ *pulls out pistol* Why?! It's getting soooo good lol. Street Fighter 2 is taking forever to come out with a new volume, the last one they did I think was either ... 3 or 4. Ugh I don't even know lmao

BUT get to Vagabond... NOW!
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
well, i obviously know what is going on seeing as i have to check the chapters or edit them but i dont really pay that close attention all the time. I thought they were further along with street fighter though...
 

Boss

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2006
Messages
127
Reaction score
1
NeoShweaty said:
well, i obviously know what is going on seeing as i have to check the chapters or edit them but i dont really pay that close attention all the time. I thought they were further along with street fighter though...
lol even tho it's a bit off topic, SF-II is slowing down because UDON team has been working on Rival Schools, which Rey is currently the main artist. Thax for all your work on those scans too lol, without you, I wouldn't be able to enjoy it :)

BTW have you seen Project Justice, or Darkstalkers by UDON? I been thinking of reading it, or checking it out so...
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I have only read Street Fighter but if those others are as well done as SF, then i would think it would be something to check out.

On behalf of the ko-scans team, you're welcome
 

1swift

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 21, 2006
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
hmm im a typical reader of just

one piece
bleach
naruto
(listed in order of current enjoyance)

maybe ill just try some of the mangas i hear about now...hmm choices?

d.gray man
beserk
deathnote
the boxing one...something ippo (sorry cant remember)

hmm decisions..
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
hajime no ippo is a must if you like great manga :p
 

La_Muerte

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Messages
343
Reaction score
2
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Dominican Republic
im reading almost the main jump series, and the new ones, a lot of sports manga(too much to list right now) and some fighting action like Tough and Worst.
 

shinwei

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2006
Messages
526
Reaction score
31
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm still readin' Shaman King. Just finished v26 last night. It's going a little slow. I hate where the series has gone since it's awesome introduction, but I really want to see what happens in the end ^^
 

fanad3su

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 7, 2006
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Country
Malaysia
i have been reading
Bleach
Naruto
One-Piece
Q detective school
Rurouni Kenshin
Shin Chan (i dunno if its manga or not) hehe...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top