Discussion What Manga Do You Read?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
you actually read a lot of chapters but i cannot believe you only finished reading one. BTw, you should really start with One Piece, I think it is the funniest manga out there.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,846
Reaction score
23,510
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm currently reading:
One Piece
Naruto (My favorite :smile-big)
Bleach
D.Grey-Man
Fullmetal Alchemist
Gantz
Berserk (if they ever release anymore chapters that is).
Air Gear
Hellsing
xxxholic
Inuyasha
Mahou Sensei Negima

I have stopped reading:
Deathnote (just wasn't my style)
Elfen Lied (waited to long to read the next chapter forgot where i was)
Blade of the Immortal (Not sure why i stopped just lost interest)
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
@yFANTgirl: Give another chance to Full Metal Alchemist, it's very good.

@Jammin: Death Note starts slowly, try reading further. I'm reading xxxHolic and I think it's interesting.
 

andelony

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 11, 2006
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
I am currently looking for new mangas to read, but i do not have any ideas of which to buy despite several recommendations, like Love Hina, Fullmetal Alchemist, Inuyasha and Bleach. Can you guys give me some comments about the artwork of the above three mangas and which of the three would you recommend.. thanks.
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
andelony said:
I am currently looking for new mangas to read, but i do not have any ideas of which to buy despite several recommendations, like Love Hina, Fullmetal Alchemist, Inuyasha and Bleach. Can you guys give me some comments about the artwork of the above three mangas and which of the three would you recommend.. thanks.
I think Bleach artwork is the best outhere since it's the most popular in these 4 you mentioned. The second I would recommend is Full metal Alchemist.
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Inuyasha becomes the most repetitive series that was ever made, so beware with that one. Inuyasha's artwork isnt anything special. Bleach is pretty good but it is straight up shounen and nothing else. Dont come into this one expecting anything out of the box. The artwork gets better as the series goes on, and it is good and it can be impressive but not anything to blow you away regularly. (the stuff that would blow you away is what actually happens in the manga). Fullmetal Alchemist is really good and the manga is supposed to be much better than the anime (which is what i have seen) so i would suggest getting that one. The artwork is pretty good with alot of wierd stuff in it along with cool action sequences and what not. Can't comment on love hina
 

glasskatana

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
81
Gender
Male
Country
United States
andelony said:
I am currently looking for new mangas to read, but i do not have any ideas of which to buy despite several recommendations, like Love Hina, Fullmetal Alchemist, Inuyasha and Bleach. Can you guys give me some comments about the artwork of the above three mangas and which of the three would you recommend.. thanks.
I've never read Love Hina (I've had friends tell me it's very cliche) but I do read Fullmetal Alchemist, Inuyasha, and Bleach. here are my reccomendations.
First of all, I love Fullmetal alchemist, it's my favorite manga and I HIGHLY suggest you buy it. Everything about it is great.
Bleach is also a great story, not as good imo, but the fight scenes are great and the artwork is excellent, as is the character developement.
Inuyasha was one of the first, if not the very first, manga I got into and while I have a sort of endearment towards it, it ranks lower on my list. It would have been good, but it's very VERY long and has been dragging for quite a while and getting repetetive.
So definitely FMA for first choice, and Bleach for second choice.
 

andelony

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 11, 2006
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
oh ok.. thanks alot, guys.. I was actually in a dilemma when I was bombarded by several recommendations. Now I do have a clearer picture of the mangas. Thanks for your help. By the way, what about Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles? Is it cool?
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
andelony said:
oh ok.. thanks alot, guys.. I was actually in a dilemma when I was bombarded by several recommendations. Now I do have a clearer picture of the mangas. Thanks for your help. By the way, what about Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles? Is it cool?
btw, if you want to check out some of the series you mentioned, (Tsubasa, Bleach, Fullmetal Alchemist) they have their own sections. You can ask the people who populate those forums, although you might get a sort of biased opinion...
 

andelony

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 11, 2006
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
haha yea.. agreed.. that's why I asked the people here who may have a neutral stand on the mangas.. thanks anyway.. =)
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
@andelony: I think none of the mangas you listed has impressive artwork, storywise probably Bleach is the better, Full Metal Alchemist is very good and has a more original plot, Inu Yasha has almost 500 chapters and isn't as good as when it started. I didn't read Love Hina but it should be an harem shounen, a boy with many girl, a humourous manga with, maybe, a good artwork.
 

andelony

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 11, 2006
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
lolz.. then why don't you give me some examples of mangas with good artwork because i know a very limited number of mangas.. =)
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Generally I choose manga for plot, not for drawning, so I don't think I can be of much help, but I believe you could try Vagabond by Inoue, maybe even Death Note. I hope somwone will give you better answers.
 

FHT

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2006
Messages
167
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
Well, since I got nothin' to read... I continued to read Lilim Kiss...
Is not that bad, because is funny sometimes, but the drawings are excellent, but the story is not so good.
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
I read about everything that isn't bad or too shoujo. that's why I haven't read Genesis Evangelion or whatever that manga is called ^^.

Mangas like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece (<- Yay!), Hunter x Hunter, berserk, Blade of the Immortal, Tsubasa (<- not the start, but the latest chapters) and so appeal to me. While others like xxxholic or such are not really me.
 

FHT

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2006
Messages
167
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
Evangelion is not that bad, and is definately NOT shoujo...
The story it has maybe it's a little confusing, but in the end you'll see that is nice and well-made.
I really recommend you to read it, at least once... XD
 

om-zabi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
153
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
The usual shonen suspects of naruto, bleach, fma, hunter x hunter, and of course my all time favorite One Piece!

For the less popular titles... Blade of the immortal, MPD psycho detective and Team Medical Dragon. The last one is great, but I think nobody is Editing it anymore.. either that or it is sloww... ><
 

bittman

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2006
Messages
1,746
Reaction score
929
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I only really read 4 mangas on a week to week basis. I.e:
One Piece (Love the humour and action)
Bleach (Best action-mystery manga and probably favourite atm)
Naruto (Just cos everyone else does, and I do like the concepts of the fights)
Full Metal Alchemist (Like, see my commentary in my sig for why I really love it)

Otherwise, I have read Gantz and Black-cat, but I dont find them worthy so much to be listed as manga I read (present tense) again and again but rather manga I have read (past tense)
 

deathshadow25

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
753
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Country
United States
bittman said:
I only really read 4 mangas on a week to week basis. I.e:
One Piece (Love the humour and action)
Bleach (Best action-mystery manga and probably favourite atm)
Naruto (Just cos everyone else does, and I do like the concepts of the fights)
Full Metal Alchemist (Like, see my commentary in my sig for why I really love it)

Otherwise, I have read Gantz and Black-cat, but I dont find them worthy so much to be listed as manga I read (present tense) again and again but rather manga I have read (past tense)
I agree Gantz if O.K but it isn't really my thing I prefer Hunter X Hunter or Zombie Powder
 

dr_ndr

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 15, 2006
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
I joined not long ago and this is my first post :D

I read:

Bleach(257)
Death Note(i dont really remember which chapter exactly but i stopped reading it because I felt bored somehow)
Full Metal Alchemist(66)
Mahou Sensei Negima(154 - the last Edited Manga i could find was this and it was from a month ago)
Naruto(336)
One Piece(136 - this is the one i'm currently reading i want to know which is the real name of (Rufi, Luffy, Luefy):D different translators translates different...)
Rurouni Kenshin(Just the first volume i got from a friend and i gave it back. maybe i'll read more when i have time)

I also want to read:

Shaman King
Hellsing
and Dragon Ball
i watched them as anime but reading manga is better and Full Metal Alchemist was different from anime...

edit: "this is the one i'm currently reading" -> i meant the others waits for release of next chapter:D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top