Discussion What Manga Do You Read?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FHT

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2006
Messages
167
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
Right now I'm reading GANTZ.
One of the bests ones I've ever seen. I really recommend it!
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
fireballer666 said:
Bad Ones (Teh Poop)
I''s (done)
O_O;
*must restrain myself xD
 

fireballer666

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
NeoShweaty said:
fireballer...*tear*
You follow fullswing. Let's hug it out. (see: Entourage for the quote)
honestly don't know why more people don't read Mr. Fullswing...its got to be one of the funniest mangas out there....now if only it was scanlated more often....And 666 satan should be scanlated more too....and Katekyo Hitman Reborn!....and my list could go for a while...but those three are seriously underappreciated :(

pwned hokage said:
O_O;
*must restrain myself xD
sorry 'bout that...I just didn't like it....:D....I have a few stereotypically "good" series under okay and teh poop
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
... There have been like 7 chapters of Fullswing released in like a month time span. How much faster can i release it?
 

fireballer666

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
yeah I know.....but its soo addicting :D
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
true! I am glad you like it
 

venicia777

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
3,053
Reaction score
55
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
i see a lot of people talking about 666 and D-gray-- are they that good? if they are i would definately join the fan base
 

Adam_xx

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
1,171
Reaction score
32
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
venicia777 said:
i see a lot of people talking about 666 and D-gray-- are they that good? if they are i would definately join the fan base
I don't know about D.Gray Man, I'm not up to the latest chapter and it's not yet appealing to me, but I definately recomment you read 666Satan, great storyline... :p
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
666 Satan is a very nice shounen manga. I enjoy reading it a lot, and I can't wait to read more of the story.

Last manga I've read: Noramimi
Excellent manga.
 

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
5,662
Reaction score
299
Gender
Hidden
Country
Venezuela
venicia777 said:
i see a lot of people talking about 666 and D-gray-- are they that good? if they are i would definately join the fan base
for D.gray-man....
yeah its a nice story, although the first volume is not really telling you much about the story... it all comes as the story progresses further.
just give it a try, it's worth it.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,273
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Recently got into Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE. First Clamp title that I'm actually enjoying so far.

D. Gray Man has its ups and downs for me. 666 Satan is definitely a worthwhile manga checking out, though.
 

glasskatana

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
81
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Gold Knight, did you buy Kenshin volume 28? (I know this is kinda off-topic, but not completely) Mine was still in plastic packaging and included a double-sided poster. I feel so proud. I now have all 28 volumes. What a great series.

So, I'm going to list to you mangas that I have read or am currently reading and those that I am planning to sell because they waste space and money.

Ones I'm planning to sell because they waste space and money:
Inuyasha (used to be an addict)

Yu Yu Hakusho

Scryed

and maybeI'll start selling Samurai deeper kyo. I like the series, but I don't think I want to spend the money on it. I'd rather just read it at the bookstore when it comes out.

Ones that I am still reading:
Naruto (I keep them all archived on my computer, the viz translation is horrible so I refuse to buy them, besides everyone at mangahelpers is so...helpful when it comes to Edited Mangas :))

Fullmetal alchemist (GREAT SERIES, I read and archive the new chapters on my computer, but delete them once I buy the manga which I am still collecting. It has a pretty good translation as well.)

Trigun (I buy this series. I don't know if it's complete or not, or where to get the chapters/volumes that have yet to come out in America. If someone could direct me to a site or torrent or something where I could get all the chapters I would greatly appreciate it.)

And last but Definitely not least
Completed series that I own and am never planning to sell:
RUROUNI KENSHIN!!! (if you haven't read it I cannot praise it and recommend it enough. Plus every volume is out in America so you Americans can go on a mangathon and blast through the whole series, though the translation is so well done I highly suggest you buy the series.)

That's all for now.
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Rurouni Kenshin has never been that appealing to me. I mean i like samurai and ancient japan with a manga twist but still.

In better news, the perfect editions of Rurouni kenshin are starting to come out. I think im gonna get my bro those as part of his birthday present (a perfect edition for those that dont know is a re-release of a really popular series on bigger, higher quality pages and it includes all the original color pages. They are at least double or triple the price of a regular tank tho)
 

glasskatana

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
81
Gender
Male
Country
United States
NeoShweaty said:
Rurouni Kenshin has never been that appealing to me. I mean i like samurai and ancient japan with a manga twist but still.

In better news, the perfect editions of Rurouni kenshin are starting to come out. I think im gonna get my bro those as part of his birthday present (a perfect edition for those that dont know is a re-release of a really popular series on bigger, higher quality pages and it includes all the original color pages. They are at least double or triple the price of a regular tank tho)
Really?!?!
(damn you viz, you know exactly how to take my money. grrrr.)
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
unfortunately, it is a japanese only thing. Im sorry.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,273
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
glasskatana said:
Gold Knight, did you buy Kenshin volume 28? (I know this is kinda off-topic, but not completely) Mine was still in plastic packaging and included a double-sided poster. I feel so proud. I now have all 28 volumes. What a great series.
Kadoman already asked me that question, lol. No, I haven't yet, I'm planning to tho. Just haven't had a chance to visit the bookstore yet (which is miles away from my current home here.)
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
what you are too weak to walk there barefoot? and you call yourself a man? :)
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,273
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
NeoShweaty said:
what you are too weak to walk there barefoot? and you call yourself a man? :)
No, it's just that where I am headed on an everybay basis (ie. the new place we're working on and moving to) is in the opposite direction XD
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
so what? you cant go to the book store, go back home, and then move stuff too? what now your gonna tell me you dont have super strength?

On a serious note, is that new place (and frankly the old one) in the middle of no where?
 

fireballer666

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
NeoShweaty said:
what now your gonna tell me you dont have super strength?
Don't ruin the dreams of the little ones D:....
Anyways....you guys are lucky, I don't have a japanese bookstore anywhere close to me....stupid Bay area...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top