Discussion - What should (Realistically) take down Kaidou? | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion What should (Realistically) take down Kaidou?

What should enable Luffys final hit to down Kaidou?

• Gear 5TH

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • A combo attack of all present Supernovas

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • Toki-Toki shenanigans

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Kage-Kage shenanigans

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Ope-Ope shenanigans

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Marine Intervation

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Another Yonkou i

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Zoro´s left eye

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • A Cake by Sanji

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I think Luffy will awake his DF, make Kaido skin Rubbery so his punch can have an effect (with haki) so he can actually take him down.
Wouldn't the Haki negate the rubbery effect altogether?

Potironche

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
France
Wouldn't the Haki negate the rubbery effect altogether?
The problem with kaido (and BM) is the resistance of their skin, i think weakening it by turning it into rubber is the key. Yes they can put haki on their rubbered skin after but it would not prevent them from damage. (like when luffy took damage in gear 4)

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
The problem with kaido (and BM) is the resistance of their skin, i think weakening it by turning it into rubber is the key. Yes they can put haki on their rubbered skin after but it would not prevent them from damage. (like when luffy took damage in gear 4)
I am saying that you are creating a paradox. Luffy cannot hit them by turning their bodies into rubber and at the same time using Haki to negate the effects of the rubber.

Potironche

Reaction score
Country
France
I am saying that you are creating a paradox. Luffy cannot hit them by turning their bodies into rubber and at the same time using Haki to negate the effects of the rubber.
Haki never negate the effects of the rubber, (look when doflamingo kicked G4 Luffy) it just hurt the rubber user

afromarco005

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
The way I see it, Luffy's awakening would turn him into mr fantastic, indestructible Rubber that can shapeshift into anything and become as hard or soft as the user wants.

Turning everything around him into rubber sounds a little lazy imo and unimaginative, because Doffy's and Katakuri's fruit awakening turned their environemment into their element doesn't mean every awakening works the same way.

Potironche

Reaction score
Country
France
The way I see it, Luffy's awakening would turn him into mr fantastic, indestructible Rubber that can shapeshift into anything and become as hard or soft as the user wants.

Turning everything around him into rubber sounds a little lazy imo and unimaginative, because Doffy's and Katakuri's fruit awakening turned their environemment into their element doesn't mean every awakening works the same way.
Interesting ! Luffy could decrease the elastic property of his skin (even below normal human level) to have a skin as strong and resistant as kaido and BM

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
At the moment how I think this will play out is more or less like this:

1.- Kaido and big mom fight. Big mom loses but actually causes damage to kaido.

2.- Supernovas gang up on kaido, barely scrape a win.

In this scenario the key is the first step. We saw how easily kaido won against luffy... It doesn't matter if ten luffy's fight kaido if kaido can just one shot them one at a time. So a battle of attrition where big mom causes substantial damage makes sense given how resilient big mom herself is.

Something else which I could see happening is a new variation of luffy's gears. At the moment luffy uses gear 2 to increase his bloodflow and basic capabilities, 3 to inflate his bones and 4 to inflate his muscles... If he does all 4 at the same time then he should have a substantial power boost even over his basic gear 4. Maybe even become a giant of sorts. Dunno if this would count as gear 5 though. Luffy has combined gears before of course but they haven't been considered as new gears. In any case a proper giant mode of sorts makes sense. Perhaps this is something for later in the series though. Gear 4 was introduced relatively recently and only during WCI it seemed like luffy gained the capacity to use it without it being quite as strainful. As in, during dressrosa luffy needed to recover for 10 minutes after using it but during WCI luffy at a minimum recovered much more quickly. And his use of it even now is far from being as casual as gear 2 or 3 which perhaps should be the ultimate endgame with gear 4.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I think Crocodile kind of did it, when he dry up people
Nope. As far as we know, it's impossible because otherwise it makes no sense for Doflamingo not to try that, even if Katakuri foresaw that it'd fail. Like, why wouldn't Doflamingo try to turn Luffy's boy into strings given how LUffy was overwhelming him?

Potironche

Reaction score
Country
France
Nope. As far as we know, it's impossible because otherwise it makes no sense for Doflamingo not to try that, even if Katakuri foresaw that it'd fail. Like, why wouldn't Doflamingo try to turn Luffy's boy into strings given how LUffy was overwhelming him?
Maybe you have to hold the opponent (like Crocodile) and Doflamingo could not

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
He had Luffy bound with his strings and didn't bother to get closer.

1337 haxor

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well...
I think that First we will haver Big Mom weaken Kaido considerably, then we have Luffy, Zoro, Kidd and Law gang up on him.

The fight will end with Zoro saving Luffy from Kaido and nearly dying which will trigger a berserker gear 5th to finish Kaido off.