Character - What unexplored characters are you looking forward to? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Character What unexplored characters are you looking forward to?

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
This new series answers no questions, it just raises a shitload of new ones...

Im not even focused on my faves..I'm focused on people who didn't get enough screen(page)time or got shafted...

My list (no particular order)

Liladen Krauser-
Im a pretty good artist and bishies are my specialty so you can see why i would like Krauser..and his hold "pinned to the cross...er Fence" thing is awesome..thats a lot of power for such a bishie looking character.

The Akutsu Jin-
He gets "the" in front of his name because he's THAT badass, his character would benefit from all the SSJ crap thats been happening in the manga

Yagyuu-
If Someone had to take out the maginificent bastard Nioh im glad it was this guy..I'm curious to see what will happen with Yagyuu

Kazuya-(thats the demon u-17 guy right?)
Anyone who scares Akaya shitless is on my list of interesting characters...

Shiraishi-
How can perfection evolve? I'm really curious to see this..

Last edited:

Sherlock Holmes

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
pff, Niou wasn't taken out. He IS Yagyuu. They switched places.
I know that's very, very, very, very, very,very, very, very, very, very,very, very, very, very, very,very, very, very, very, very,very, very, very, very, very,very, very, very, very, very,very, very, very, very, very, unlikely, but if does happen I'll be able to brag forever and ever and ever and ever to having called it.
*goes to tvtropes and writes that theory under wild mass guessing*

*caham*

Yeah, I'm also looking forward to NiouYagyuu, Akutsu and Krauser.

But also, Mizuki(A data tennis oriented character, who is a manipulative bastard? How can I not like that guy?)

Maybe Yuuta(though his development will be limited to his match, since he is definitely going to lose against fuji)

Oh, KADOWAKI AND HIS SUPER TENNIS.
....Seriously.

And Shinji.

JyAZ

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm basically looking forward to the top 20 players of the team. We had Momo, a badass to many, a hero to me, get crushed by the 2nd string 5th court player. The top 20 should all be able to crush any character we've seen so far except maybe h4x Echizen. Nanjirou doesn't count!

EDIT: OH YA! Against cannon are we now, Konomi? Yukimura already said that "Echizen is just the sad product of a once in a decade gathering of giants" or something along those lines. All these high school players are part of the same decade. So... what the? Shouldn't they all suck? Lies.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Actually Sanada said that..

But that was before Echizen powered up to SSJ 3 and made him eat crow

Basically he was saying Echizen has too many older players to model his game after and make adjustments..he can't even evolve at a steady pace because he's playing up and trying to keep up (despite surpassing a good amount of the cast by that point) and the result is that he can't even find his own game.

When Sanada said that Ryoma was using Hyakuren, instead of practicing and adding it to his game like Tezuka (seeing as tezuka found a way to perfect it) he just bust it out..in other words..the abilities of his senpais made him evolve too quickly...all of this is crushed because Echizen goes SSj and makes Sanada eat crow by serving at 300 k/m

Last edited:

JyAZ

Reaction score
Country
United States
Actually Sanada said that..

But that was before Echizen powered up to SSJ 3 and made him eat crow
Oh well whoever said it, it was still said with confidence. So either Sanada is a liar, or he's really oblivious to players older than him by a couple of years.

EDIT: After reading your edit, I'll change my wording a little. I'm not arguing the fact that Echizen was molded by other players, but the fact that Sanada called this year's middle school player roster was a "once in a decade gathering of giants." This statement should mean that everyone within a couple years of them should suck in comparison. Am i wrong?

Last edited:

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well he regularly crushes HS w/o the use of his broken Nature shots.

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
You know who else I want to see playing but that we most likely won't?
Horio and Arai. Seriously.

JyAZ

Reaction score
Country
United States
You know who else I want to see playing but that we most likely won't?
Horio and Arai. Seriously.
Honestly, I would've liked this continuation to be of the next year. We would get to see the new regulars from all the schools. I guess we'll just have to settle for this random arc.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's not random it makes sense.

In JP, i think they get august off, the nationals was one week, it makes sense they spend the rest of the summer break playing tennis of some sort.

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I really want to see if Atobe has evolved (to be again in the same level as Sanada, Fuji, Tezuka..., as he was before the Nationlas), Shiraishi and Kintaroh gameplay...
But the guys I want to see the most are Amane (He was my favourite in Crystal Drive, his serve was the best of the game!), Shinji and more and more Nio/Yagyyu

Naochaaa

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Peru
I want to see Yukimura evolve. I would like to know how he took his first defeat against Ryoma.
I would also like to see more of Sengoku, Shiraishi... and
DAN XD ... I want him to be strong, in the future.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Yeah, I wanna See Yukimura, Sengoku and Shiraishi too.
But MAINLY, The person I wanna see with a new technique........Someone who Im shocked that nobody has said his name..................
FUJI SYUSUKE!!!!

I mean, Tezuka left Fuji exhausted in New Prince of Tennis.
Since when do we see someone awesome like him EXhausted and lose like that?
I mean, Atobe got it worse against Irie Kanata The Pierrot but still.

Fuji finished Nationals being able to technically beat Tezuka and Better than Shiraishi since his 6th Counter countered cordballs.
But now that Shiraishi has a INSANE new serve speed, Tezuka has PoP, Sanada has a new Aura, Atobe has his Kingdom, Akutsu can hit 5 balls at once.

Only Fuji and Yukimura are left of the awesome characters to improve.
Surely Konomi will throw them both an awesome technique.

MochiRoll

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Unexplored character? Hmm.

Yukimura- I guess it's happening already. Konomi is showing us more of Yukimura with his match against Fuwa. It's really time for Yukimura to show us that he is made of something beyond stealing senses.

Akutsu- He's badass and he knows it. He is aware of Koshimae with TMnK and yet he went to the camp on the sole basis of defeating that brat. Yeah, he's that badass!

Krauser aka Crauza (WTH)- `Initially didnt really payed attention to him. He was interesting in the Finals when he crucified Akaya. But that was it. Then, Shin came. And man, Krauser has just became my new idol. He's like on par with how badass Akutsu is.

Shinji- He got Spot that is like a super weak version of Yips. So he is really something. Yes, he might lose to Kin-chan but dammit! Shinji beat Kadowaki and his super tennis. Now, that's something.

Jirou- He got so much hype. Then, he lost to Fuji...awfully. And he didn't fought in the Nationals. That sucks.

There goes my list..

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Unexplored character? Hmm.

Akutsu- He's badass and he knows it. He is aware of Koshimae with TMnK and yet he went to the camp on the sole basis of defeating that brat. Yeah, he's that badass!

Krauser aka Crauza (WTH)- `Initially didnt really payed attention to him. He was interesting in the Finals when he crucified Akaya. But that was it. Then, Shin came. And man, Krauser has just became my new idol. He's like on par with how badass Akutsu is.

Jirou- He got so much hype. Then, he lost to Fuji...awfully. And he didn't fought in the Nationals. That sucks.
There goes my list..
Jirou did play 2 matches. Shown in the Databook.
He crushed his first opponent and played doubles with Shishido in his other match.

But yeah, Krauser is American, so I wanna see him get pressured into going back to the USA U-17 camp.

And I also wanna see Akutsu play singles with someone.

Thing is though, we arent gonna see the weaker players much anymore.
Since right now, The author has thrown in 21 new beasts. (Top 20 +Ryoga Echizen)

So hopefully there will LOADS more Player Shuffles.
Since we havent seen everybodies improvement.
Sinc everyone is meant to have improved greatly.

MochiRoll

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Jirou did play 2 matches. Shown in the Databook.
He crushed his first opponent and played doubles with Shishido in his other match.
Err. I know. He played a match..but we didn't see any of it. So, technically, he only had match against Fuji.

But yeah, Krauser is American, so I wanna see him get pressured into going back to the USA U-17 camp.
Krauser is GERMAN. And no, I don't want him to go back to Germany..yet.

Thing is though, we arent gonna see the weaker players much anymore.
Since right now, The author has thrown in 21 new beasts. (Top 20 +Ryoga Echizen)
Eh? Seriously, I don't expect all of those 21 new players to get main attention. I believe most of them will just be fodders. So, I still have hopes for those underdeveloped characters from the first PoT.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
What? Krauzer is German?
despite the very german name, when did it say he was german?
Please give me the link or something or are we just assuming he is german.
Since I imagine they would make a reference back to him since Tezuka is going germany.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

Eh? Seriously, I don't expect all of those 21 new players to get main attention. I believe most of them will just be fodders. So, I still have hopes for those underdeveloped characters from the first PoT.
Of course theyre gonna get attention .Thats why theyve all been introduced.
And why there has been a big fuss over them.
Hopefully each match is one-by-one.
Coz I hate the whole 5-matches-at-a-time thing.

But I really wanna see their techniques.
We are yet to see Akiba Kouyou's techniques.

I love the insane techniques the author hands players.
Like Nakagauchi's Robot tennis,then there's yips tennis and perfect tennis etc.
I love the insanity of each players skills so Im sure the author will show the techniques of the Top20+1 since he will at least show the readers why they are The Top 20.

MochiRoll

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
What? Krauzer is German?
despite the very german name, when did it say he was german?
Please give me the link or something or are we just assuming he is german.
Since I imagine they would make a reference back to him since Tezuka is going germany.
Eh? I think everyone assumes he is GERMAN. And it's much safer that way than say that he is AMERICAN.

There's no really deeper infos. about him. Except that he is an exchange student and despite his height and appearance is a first year.

Of course theyre gonna get attention .Thats why theyve all been introduced.
And why there has been a big fuss over them.
Not all of them will have major attention. Remember how Fudomine was introduced at beginning...then look now what happened to them. Fodder team. Except for Tachibana, Shinji and Kamio...the whole team's just...meh.

KuwabaraTheMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not all of them will have major attention. Remember how Fudomine was introduced at beginning...then look now what happened to them. Fodder team. Except for Tachibana, Shinji and Kamio...the whole team's just...meh.
Ishida got a decent amount of screen time, too. I'm kind of sad that he didn't make the camp when we have a complete loser like Kadowaki roaming around.

I don't think everyone on the first string will necessarily get a huge amount of focus, but they'll all get some. Konomi's storytelling has changed a lot from the days of Uchimura and Mori just standing around as a couple of unimportant characters. So far, it seems like everyone is going to at least get a couple of chapters dedicated to them.

MochiRoll

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Ishida got a decent amount of screen time, too. I'm kind of sad that he didn't make the camp when we have a complete loser like Kadowaki roaming around.

I don't think everyone on the first string will necessarily get a huge amount of focus, but they'll all get some.
I totally forgot about Ishida. My apologies.

Kadowaki was there for the sole purpose of comedy. But yeah, he was there and Saeki was omitted. Seriously, WTH!

I completely agree on that bold part.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Eh? I think everyone assumes he is GERMAN. And it's much safer that way than say that he is AMERICAN.

There's no really deeper infos. about him. Except that he is an exchange student and despite his height and appearance is a first year.

I didnt know everyone assumes he is german. since in America they have surnames from all over Europe.
So a german surname doesnt stop him from being American.
Considering he spoke ENGLISH in the anime, I assumed he was American.

Since there is no deeper info's I guess it remains unkown where he is from. I dont see how it is safer to call an English speaker German but whatever.