Movies - What Was Mad max Fury Road | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Movies What Was Mad max Fury Road

jazddhmii

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Aland Islands
It's a disaster. For other action movies this decade. After over 30 years past the latest installment of Mad Max series, George Miller returns with his greatest ideas in his mind, resulting in raising the bar in all terms for the genre - colorful characters, satisfactory plot, delightful setting, enigmatic character and story backgrounds, multiple references to other movies of the series, and enough of personal and overall human drama. It's only May, but we already have our movie of the year.

FetherMan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm a fan of the original 3 films and feel "Fury Road" was a nice addition, however, the hype behind this is very overrated. However, there is a sequel already in the works with approval from Warner Bros. and George Miller tweeted about it. The next film will be titled "Mad Max: The Wasteland".

GeorgeCou7

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Watched it last night on http://123movies.to and its a 10/10. Super nice graphics and fighting scenes are really really good.
There is no story though, fighting is all there is... So, if you like to see it for fight then go ahead!

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, the story didn't take time with flashbacks and such things to explain in detail every single character but I would argue it did develop them all reasonably well at least for the purposes of the movie.
Take furiosa for instance. The movie didn't outright say it but we do have a lot of her backstory. She grew up at a green place, somewhere where there were plants and farming in what is supposed to be a post apocaliptic world with 2 headed lizards or something. We know she was kidnapped from this potentially idyllic place. We know she took her time preparing to escape Immortan's city or whatnot. She escaped with the sex slaves girls. She ran into her relatives or whatnot who explained their town was no more for whatever reason. And she got a chance to rebuild her life.

Technically we should already know max's story (I haven't seen the originals though) so that is sort of a non issue for storytelling purposes. The movie is barely about him in a number of ways anyways.

We saw nux and the movies provided just about enough context for him. Some sort of dumb inbreed go getter who talks with his tumors who eventually wants to get laid. For storytelling purposes it works. He changes a decent bit through the movie and most of it makes sense (except why max didn't kill him at every change he got).

The girls didn't need much more backstory than what they got. Sure, we could have been told their origin but it does not make that much of a difference. We already had enough of that from furiosa. And sex slaves wanting to escape from their owner is more than enough motivation. And the pregnant one died which was a huge loss for the good and the bad guys. Its about as emotional as it gets in context.

Sure, you don't get all of it outright but.... You can put everything together as you watch the movie which is fun enough as it is.

danzouismadara

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
The story, in my opinion, was an absolute mess. I mean subtract Charlize Theron, and rate the film lol it would appear even worse.
Overall, the concept and action scenes were unique, but the film's story was in complete disarray. Australians suck at making movies--which I can say from experience.