Discussion - What will Cross Guild do next? | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion What will Cross Guild do next?

Vanshrimp

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Next move would be to show us the other deeds of the cross guild with the Crime lords of the OP world...

hokageji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wealth, fame and power...

Crocodile's bringing in wealth, Buggy is brining in fame and Mihawk's brining in the power... So what they'll do next is align stuff to grab the red poneglpyhs..

Maybe we'll see them go to WCI and Wano

1Sneeze1Kill

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Makes me wonder if they’d ally with Blackbeard Pirates since they’re both gladly willing to take down Marines.
They each give off a different vibe. So highly doubt it.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
So, what will Cross Guild do after this?

RaisinRisin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
If it wasn't such a terrible match-up, I'd have liked to see Cross Guild and Blackbeard pirates wasting time fighting each other until a Wano ally escapes with Pluton (since Buggy could know just enough for Cross Guild to go sniffing around Wano and be in the wrong place at the wrong time), but I can't see Cross Guild winning if they were to go up against the Blackbeard pirates.

I don't have faith in Crocodile at all and Mihawk has to have a limit to how many reasonably strong fighters he can handle at once, even if they aren't at his level. But I do think both Buggy and Shanks have an advantage over the others in that they probably got some partial spoilers about how to reach the One Piece. It was their right to go with Roger so I'm sure they were at least privy to that much. They might still need poneglyphs though since the location they point to probably changes over time. (In Shanks' case it's up in the air if he actually needed them or if he just confiscated them from Kid on principle.)

Incidentally if there is a lot of heat at Wano soon, I hope Sentoumaru does end up there as Dawn&Dusk suggested could happen once. They need all the help they can get and he has nowhere to return to now anyway.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
If it wasn't such a terrible match-up, I'd have liked to see Cross Guild and Blackbeard pirates wasting time fighting each other until a Wano ally escapes with Pluton (since Buggy could know just enough for Cross Guild to go sniffing around Wano and be in the wrong place at the wrong time), but I can't see Cross Guild winning if they were to go up against the Blackbeard pirates.

I don't have faith in Crocodile at all and Mihawk has to have a limit to how many reasonably strong fighters he can handle at once, even if they aren't at his level. But I do think both Buggy and Shanks have an advantage over the others in that they probably got some partial spoilers about how to reach the One Piece. It was their right to go with Roger so I'm sure they were at least privy to that much. They might still need poneglyphs though since the location they point to probably changes over time. (In Shanks' case it's up in the air if he actually needed them or if he just confiscated them from Kid on principle.)

Incidentally if there is a lot of heat at Wano soon, I hope Sentoumaru does end up there as Dawn&Dusk suggested could happen once. They need all the help they can get and he has nowhere to return to now anyway.
Oda could take the more diplomatic route with Cross Guild and use Buggy’s past as a way to gain more favor from Wano, as well as Zou. Whether Oda goes for that or a more violent route with the Blackbeard Pirates will be interesting to see in any case.

RaisinRisin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Oda could take the more diplomatic route with Cross Guild and use Buggy’s past as a way to gain more favor from Wano, as well as Zou. Whether Oda goes for that or a more violent route with the Blackbeard Pirates will be interesting to see in any case.
Oh, that's right. It could be an interesting escalation of Buggy's rise to greatness if he somehow gets entrusted with Pluton with Yamato tagging along for the ride. Yamato can keep Crocodile in check while Buggy himself alternates between freaking out and delusions of grandeur. 😁

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh, that's right. It could be an interesting escalation of Buggy's rise to greatness if he somehow gets entrusted with Pluton with Yamato tagging along for the ride. Yamato can keep Crocodile in check while Buggy himself alternates between freaking out and delusions of grandeur. 😁
Yamato getting her naivety manipulated by a person who was friends with Oden in the past would be an interesting way to take her character.

RaisinRisin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yamato getting her naivety manipulated by a person who was friends with Oden in the past would be an interesting way to take her character.
It would be Momo's decision though, not Yamato's.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
It would be Momo's decision though, not Yamato's.
Regardless, I’m sure “Buggy-jiro” from Oden’s journal would still get her attention.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Welp, the more recent reveals would give crocodile an angle to work in the mess buggy got them in. Crocodile will likely try what he did before, get his hands on an ancient weapon. The question is how crocodile would go about this because he isn't exactly heavy on intel. I suppose if he has been tracing luffy's career and the timeline of events he could sort of guess that the stuff in wano is what lead to these events where the strawhats have taken point.

RaisinRisin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Welp, the more recent reveals would give crocodile an angle to work in the mess buggy got them in. Crocodile will likely try what he did before, get his hands on an ancient weapon. The question is how crocodile would go about this because he isn't exactly heavy on intel. I suppose if he has been tracing luffy's career and the timeline of events he could sort of guess that the stuff in wano is what lead to these events where the strawhats have taken point.
Honestly I think he'd be more likely to get this info out of Buggy, as I suggested above (half jokingly, but still). Buggy and Shanks definitely know some things. The most obvious is that Wano is relevant.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Crocodile might even want the One Piece if it means he can get ancient weapons intel as part of the deal.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Honestly I think he'd be more likely to get this info out of Buggy, as I suggested above (half jokingly, but still). Buggy and Shanks definitely know some things. The most obvious is that Wano is relevant.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Crocodile might even want the One Piece if it means he can get ancient weapons intel as part of the deal.
Hmmm, you know, I generally don't think shanks and buggy know that much about the void century. They might have picked up something on the way but they were very young back then. The roger pirates seem to have these idea that this is for the future generations to deal with and they shouldn't get spoilers, you'd think they keep this from their kids. In any case, crocodile getting information that confirms the existence of the ancient weapons and that at least two could be up for grabs will definitely be relevant. Of course, as far as the yonko go the ones with the most information about those are luffy and soon enough BB if caribou gets to him. Buggy and shanks are in an uncertain spot.

RaisinRisin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hmmm, you know, I generally don't think shanks and buggy know that much about the void century. They might have picked up something on the way but they were very young back then. The roger pirates seem to have these idea that this is for the future generations to deal with and they shouldn't get spoilers, you'd think they keep this from their kids. In any case, crocodile getting information that confirms the existence of the ancient weapons and that at least two could be up for grabs will definitely be relevant. Of course, as far as the yonko go the ones with the most information about those are luffy and soon enough BB if caribou gets to him. Buggy and shanks are in an uncertain spot.
I didn't say they know anything about the void century. I was saying they must know/remember some things about how to get to Laugh Tale, and I put that together with how anyone who's been listening to Vegapunk should now be able to piece together that Laugh Tale is where they learned everything.

There's no way Buggy missed that Oden could read poneglyphs, and it's hard to imagine his family's heritage wasn't discussed among the crew. Meanwhile, we saw Roger give Shanks some kind of information that made him cry. It can't just be about Roger's health as that would be disappointingly anticlimactic. It could be about Shanks' birth status but I don't think it's far-fetched to consider whatever it is Roger told Shanks is at least related to, if not the precise reason he changed his mind about going after the One Piece right away; betraying Buggy's trust in him at the time.

Hints about how to get there are the bare minimum. For all we know, they could have had even more guidance about how to get there since they were expected to come along, had Buggy not gotten sick. I don't expect anyone would spoil the surprise but I also don't recall anyone telling them to wait their turn.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
Buggy was there for when the Roger Pirates were gathering Poneglyph info with Oden. I also wonder if Buggy would also remember the gold that was left behind on Skypiea and that Croc would use it to fund Cross Guild.

WILDCARD 1 7

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Buggy was there for when the Roger Pirates were gathering Poneglyph info with Oden. I also wonder if Buggy would also remember the gold that was left behind on Skypiea and that Croc would use it to fund Cross Guild.

The problem with that is that they'd still have to risk using the knock up stream and that would kill just about everyone that tried that isn't a Straw hat or a Roger pirate besides Bellamy and even he lost his entire crew to it.

Granted there is another way that was mentioned (which escapes me right now) but I'm betting that that's very deep into the new world which cross guild.

As for the Cross guild versus Blackbeard fight. I think people are under selling 🐊 I think you could handle everyone not named Blackbeard or Kuzan. But yes they losing a head on fight and they're aware of it which is why I did avoid it.
Ask for buggy yamato's comment I don't think that Yamato would fall for buggies posturing. At least I hope not.

Also about Buggy and the Poneglyhs I just assumed he had a selective memory if it had nothing to do with money he wouldn't really be interested in it and eventually forget about it. Or at least I'd be Oda way of dealing with that plot hole.
But I'm more curious when it comes to cross guild or at least crocodile is how did he know about Pluton when even Dragon didn't until Robin told him about it. Cuz I doubt the WG told the Warlords anything about them.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
The problem with that is that they'd still have to risk using the knock up stream and that would kill just about everyone that tried that isn't a Straw hat or a Roger pirate besides Bellamy and even he lost his entire crew to it.

Granted there is another way that was mentioned (which escapes me right now) but I'm betting that that's very deep into the new world which cross guild.

As for the Cross guild versus Blackbeard fight. I think people are under selling 🐊 I think you could handle everyone not named Blackbeard or Kuzan. But yes they losing a head on fight and they're aware of it which is why I did avoid it.
Ask for buggy yamato's comment I don't think that Yamato would fall for buggies posturing. At least I hope not.

Also about Buggy and the Poneglyhs I just assumed he had a selective memory if it had nothing to do with money he wouldn't really be interested in it and eventually forget about it. Or at least I'd be Oda way of dealing with that plot hole.
But I'm more curious when it comes to cross guild or at least crocodile is how did he know about Pluton when even Dragon didn't until Robin told him about it. Cuz I doubt the WG told the Warlords anything about them.
Well I mean think about it. Yamato was ready to throw herself at Luffy just because she knew Ace and the stories she was told from him and the newspapers. She was ready to sail on his ship even before getting to know what kind of person he actually was.

Now, if Yamato is that naive with Cross Guild, I can only imagine what consequences could happen.

WILDCARD 1 7

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Well I mean think about it. Yamato was ready to throw herself at Luffy just because she knew Ace and the stories she was told from him and the newspapers. She was ready to sail on his ship even before getting to know what kind of person he actually was.

Now if Yamato is that naive with Cross Guild, I can only imagine what consequences could happen.
She did so because Ace wouldn't stop talking about him and even mention this unexplained dream of Luffy's which is the same as Rogers that's why she wanted to join Luffy.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
She did so because Ace wouldn't stop talking about him and even mention this unexplained dream of Luffy's which is the same as Rogers that's why she wanted to join Luffy.
And couldn’t Crocodile and Buggy easily fake a similar story together to gain Yamato’s trust?

WILDCARD 1 7

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
And couldn’t Crocodile and Buggy easily fake a similar story together to gain Yamato’s trust?
I doubt it.
Yamato seem to be at average intelligence for the one piece world. So I doubt that she'd fall for anything involving buggy even if crocodiles in involved or not.
Of course this is all a hypothetical situation that I don't really care that much about.