What will happen when luffy meets his father?

mastermind05

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Re: What will happen when luff meets his father

Hmmm what should i say...

if dragon show something nice... maybe luffy will say "do you want to join my crew"
(like singing skeleton, or franky, or a reindeer stuff, luffy likes strange people)

if dragon hurt luffy nakama... luffy (with angry face) " WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY NAKAMA"

Q related to luffy dad:
- how much is the bounty?
- did he eat devil fruit?

Q related to luffy: when will oda mention about luffy mum?

ikuroi

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica

Something simple along like this

Dragon: "I'm Monkey D Dragon your father Luffy!"
Everyone is like DOOOO~~~~N!
Luffy: "...gomu gomu nooo~~~~"

Impel Down

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada

I doubt he would just randomly attack him, unless he's already attacked everyone. Well, he was scared of his grandpa, so maybe he would be scared of his dad?

kazamakj

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brunei

He might just say do you like meat? Hahaha Luffy is so freaking carefree the only things to worry him are the food supplies, his hat and his nakama. He wouldn't care much about meeting his dad. He might thank his dad for saving him and invite him to drink and eat.

sanjis the name

Reaction score
Country
United States

luffy cant be scared from his dad because he never actully met him so he really has no fear of unlike his grandfather who left him in the forest to fend for him self.

ninjaa

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: What will happen when luffy meets his father

"Luffy, I am your father!"
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!"

bebekhappy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Hmm...maybe a situation like this

Dragon [D] : Yo Luffy...it's been a long time since i saw you on Logue Town
Luffy [L] : Eh!? Who're you?
[D} : I'm your father Monkey D. Dragon, i set you free from Smoker in Logue Town...remember?the storm?
[L] : Eh!? Really??...
[D] : Yeah
[L] : So You're My Dad eh!?(picking nose :P)...what's up!?
[D] : What's with the attitude...I'm your father for god's sake...at least show some respect will ya?(prepare to punch him)
[L] : Ugyaaaa!?
(and they suddenly fall asleep :P)

Well it's just a joke, but i really think that Dragon isn't that really serious guy...so when they both meet there must be some slight humour. And if any chances Luffy haven't heard about Ace before he meet him, i think Dragon will tell him, and use the story to persuade Luffy to join his force. I know Luffy will say no and i think Dragon will accept it, they both have their own fate.

sanjis the name

Reaction score
Country
United States

i think that dragon might even turn out to be a bad guy and of all the D's I've seen so far he looks like hes the most serious.

aimaimaim

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score

when they meet some D will get his ass kick.. thats for sure.. and yeah.. there will be talking about a girl/lady D.. lol XD

IgnorantSage

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

when they meet some D will get his ass kick.. thats for sure.. and yeah.. there will be talking about a girl/lady D.. lol XD
I suddenly had a random idea when you mentioned that.
What if Dadan is a woman?
She could be "Da D. An" :blink

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

I don't think there will be a hostile reaction, but neither a friendly too. Luffy isn't interested in the marines, the other pirates etc... So Dragon his anti-marine talking will only interest luffy if it's got to do something with the one piece and being a pirate king

matrice

Reaction score
Country
Italy

I think that his reaction will be of total indifference, at least if his father does't treaten his friends. Maybe he will ask if he his a good guy and then if he would like to join his crew!!! (I really would like to see Dragon's reaction realizing his son is an idot). Dragon seems pretty serious compared to Luffy and his grandfather (Dragon's father), for example he don't fall asleep and he don't seem to act irrationally (neither Ace if you think.. maybe he took from histher instead than from his grandefather).

aimaimaim

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score

I suddenly had a random idea when you mentioned that.
What if Dadan is a woman?
She could be "Da D. An" :blink
aw... who is Dadan?? i don't watch the anime and i looked at some pages at the manga where luffy's town was mentioned.. i don't see anyone named Dadan.. XD XD is it in the manga?

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

Dadan was mentioned in chapter 440 and is assumed as the caretaker for Ace and Luffy that Garp mentioned at the end of EL arc on Water 7.

As far as the story goes, it wouldn't be too long (by OP standard) before they meet each other. One thing that might also happened, is that they (Lufffy & Dragon) will have to work together to get past one of the admirals (presumably the other two are at least as strong as Aokiji). Well, one on one, either of them might have a chance. But remember, this is an admiral fleet we are talking about. If the Buster Call ships have people in the rank of Smoker on it, it is safe to presume, there are more fearsome people on board the admiral fleet.

Eyefarted2

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States

a happy reunion where they both hug and have dinner right afterwards. sanji will be cooking and luffy will show him his new girlfriend, nami.

IgnorantSage

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

a happy reunion where they both hug and have dinner right afterwards. sanji will be cooking and luffy will show him his new girlfriend, nami.
:notrust That post was did not contribute much to this discussion.

I think it will still take quite a while before Luffy and Dragon will personally meet. They might hear news about each other but I don't think they will meet yet. Knowing Oda though, it could happen right after Thriller bark (I highly doubt it).

When these two D's meet, Dragon might not want to interfere with Luffy's adventures. D's seem to have a deep regard for other people with big dreams and though Dragon's character does not share a lot of similarities with the other D's as far as the manga has shown, he will want his son to continue in his dream since Luffy always causes troubles for the WG anyway.

smellyCheese

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
since we don't know much about Dragon's personality, we can only guess what would happen. Imagine Luffy and Dragon on a eating contest, might go on for days!

Azhrael

Reaction score
Country
Italy
if in their meeting dragon and luffy will not fight, and that means that they will respect their goals, maybe in the end, when luffy will found one piece, and when dragon will be defeate by Gorosei( just my idea...) luffy will understand what his father was doing and then will want his revenge and to bring on his father's dream...

Franckie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I can imagine the first thing Luffy is doing when he and Dragon meet is Luffy asks where the refrigerator is to fill up his stomach. Afterwards, those two will have a "chat" with each other, but I don't foresee those two having another encounter with each other until the New World is upon the SHs.

Absolutio

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel
They'll start to talk and fall asleep at the middle.. :p
Would be funny to see a serious-supposed to be person like Dragon, with the personallity of luffy's family. :p