Discussion - What would you change about PoT1 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion What would you change about PoT1

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Kantou:

Doubles 2 through Singles 1 should have been required, regardless of score

:Seigaku vs Fudomine:

-Tezuka and Tachibana should have had a match

:Seigaku vs Rikkaidai:

-Inui should have lost to give the reader the right perspective of where Renji was supposed to be, in terms of ability level.

-Fuji should have lost to give the right perspective of Kirihara, I mean Fuji winning BECAUSE he was blind, is absurd.

-Sanada should have defeated Echizen to give Echizen a reason to improve for the Nationals. I mean he already beat the best freaking player before the Nationals even began. Then we had to wait until Yukimura. Despite how good the match was with Sanada, I think it would have been better for the reader to look at Yukimura as better than the person who beat Echizen in Kantou, so he would need to try twice as hard to win.

-Seigaku should have lost. Period. They were only going to win in the Nationals anyway. Winning twice was stupid.

-------------------------

Nationals:

:Seigaku vs Shitenhouji:

-Zaizen and Kenya should have played Momo and Kaidoh with kaidomo pair losing bad. The gay pair should not even be in the series. I wanted to kill myself when those chapters were coming out every week.

-Don't get me freaking started on Chitose vs Tezuka. That should have been singles 2, and Tezuka should have gotten PoGW at the END of the match. Chitose should have taken the majority of the games, and then Tezuka should have came back. 6-1 pissed me off.

-Koharu and Gin should have played Eiji and Oishi with seigaku winning.

-Echizen and Kintarou should have played singles 1 with it ending the same way but in a 6-6 tiebreak.

:Seigaku vs Rikkaidai:

-Niou should have had a better playstyle but instead we got a Fuji vs gimp Tezuka/Shiraishi

-Jackal and Bunta should have gotten Synchro to give the golden pair the toughest match.

Last edited:

DavenSodan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I agree with the ones stated by Fayte.

- Making Fuji play against Osthari in the quarters of the Nationals. They are both called for their genuis play style. The outcome would have to be Fuki winning, making Inui and Kaido lose like they should have.

- Inui/Kaido against Cancer/Enbu: they are behind 2-5 and 15-40 and keep mumbeling something about "hey, they fall for Kaidos trap!" ... they should have somehow win this 6-2.

- Echizen should have lost against Aktuse. Why? Because there should have been a rematch. Unoffical because Aktuse quit.

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
1.Rikkai should have won Kantoh 3-2, with Fuji and Golden Pair victories. Remember that Golden Pair only played one match in Kantoh, and they lost.Too sad.

2.Hyotei should be the rival of Seigaku in Kantoh Semifinals, much better than Rokkaku. The way Hyotei entered in Nationals isn´t fair and didn´t show his true level. And Rokkaku is really very bad

3. The absolutely necessary victory Kawamura VS Gin was epic. But i would have preferred defeating him winning points instead of just with that epic service.

4. Kikumaru should have lost VS Nagoya. Or Momo should have played in his place an won. In that way, after Momo's win, would have much sense the Momo VS Oshitari

5. And of course, as I said, Seigaku lineup VS Hyotei in the Nationals was ridiculous, they almost lost VS a worse team only because Ryuzaki smoked sth strange before the match

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
1)Fuji should have lost to Kirihara. It would have been a fitting ending. Inui snatches a win against a much stronger opponent, but two miracles were asking for too much. That would have made the national finals much more emotional, since they would be up against the only team they had ever lost against. But instead, the final boss was...A team they had beaten before.
Yeah.

2)Niou should have beaten Fuji. No logical reason here, I just like Niou.

3)ZAIZEN. GOOD LORD ZAIZEN.

4)Hiyoshi should have been AT LEAST on Echizen's level.

5)Sanada. Mind showing us your other 2 techniques? Pretty please?

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
1)Fuji should have lost to Kirihara. It would have been a fitting ending. Inui snatches a win against a much stronger opponent, but two miracles were asking for too much. That would have made the national finals much more emotional, since they would be up against the only team they had ever lost against. But instead, the final boss was...A team they had beaten before.
Yeah.

2)Niou should have beaten Fuji. No logical reason here, I just like Niou.

3)ZAIZEN. GOOD LORD ZAIZEN.

4)Hiyoshi should have been AT LEAST on Echizen's level.

5)Sanada. Mind showing us your other 2 techniques? Pretty please?
I also love Nioh, but I think he was defeated in an honorable way.
It would be great if Nioh would have defeated Fuji and Tezuka won VS Sanada. But Sanada and Fuji needed a victory, and Tezuka and Nioh were defeated after a good fight, like Atobe when he lost VS Ryoma or Golden Pair in Kantoh's Final or VS Nationals QF

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
I updated my first post to show Nationals.

DavenSodan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Good points. I guess we didnt get most of them because Konomi just couldnt think of a Syncro vs Syncro match and how Golden Pair could overcome Bunta and Jackel.

Niou disapointed me almost the most in the entire series. I mean in the double match at Kantou he showed sick tricks and then this...

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Me? i would leave it the hell alone, following a story that i know already isn't very interesting, part of being a manga fan seems to be complaining about a story NOT going as you predicted.

But i agree that Renji should have beat Inui, or at least lost with some dignity.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
Seigaku should have lost to Rikkaidai in Kantou. That's the bottom line. I mean there is no freaking excuse for Fuji beating Kirihara. Fuji being blind and managing to hit the ball with his freaking frame. That is bull crap. JUST LET SEIGAKU LOSEEEEEEE. Dang it Konomi...

SumeragiKai

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia
If I could change one thing from the Nationals, I'd get Yukimura to play S2 lol
Fuji couldn't beat him, and Echizen wasn't ready yet, no one from Seigaku coulda won. If Yuki told Sanada to throw his pride away to win vs Tezuka, why wouldn't he wrap it up in 3 games :D

Last edited:

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
If I could change one thing from the Nationals, I'd get Yukimura to play S2 lol
Fuji couldn't beat him, and Echizen wasn't ready yet, no one from Seigaku coulda won. If Yuki told Sanada to throw his pride away to win vs Tezuka, why would he wrap it up in 3 games :D
Too sad for the ending of the series

SumeragiKai

Reaction score
Country
Australia
True, us Rikkai fans can only dream :(

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
How many sports movies are there where the protagonist team loses? Kings have to be dethroned sometimes.

SumeragiKai

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'm sure Slam Dunk's protagonist team didn't win the Nationals at the end. A bit more realistic than never losing I think.

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Oh, almost forgot...

Gay pair should have beaten Momo/Kaidoh so that Echizen and Kintarou could have had a better match.

...Hell, Zaizen coming to the rescue after Chitose was outclassed by Tezuka would have been good too.

Jyten

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh, almost forgot...

Gay pair should have beaten Momo/Kaidoh so that Echizen and Kintarou could have had a better match.

...Hell, Zaizen coming to the rescue after Chitose was outclassed by Tezuka would have been good too.
Donno, Zaizen coming to the rescue....no...sorry but that would be silly. I really don't think Zaizen is anywhere near those two but I could be wrong.

Oh, my change to PoT...PoT wasn't bad I don't have any real disagreements with matches...but...dang...where are all the chicks...I think I would have liked to see a few of the female matches. Sorry but in my mind pretty dudes...do not make up for pretty chicks.

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Donno, Zaizen coming to the rescue....no...sorry but that would be silly. I really don't think Zaizen is anywhere near those two but I could be wrong.

Oh, my change to PoT...PoT wasn't bad I don't have any real disagreements with matches...but...dang...where are all the chicks...I think I would have liked to see a few of the female matches. Sorry but in my mind pretty dudes...do not make up for pretty chicks.
Not really. Zaizen was hyped as Fuji level...And did nothing.

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
I wouldve made Sanada win in the kantou finals

Against Shitenhouji, I would've had Saiki work in doubles and have a real doubles match between them all. Showing Data vs saiki and showing what zaizen can do and why he's a genius.

I would have no amnesiac Ryoma in the Final. Doubles 1 wouldve been a real match with Golden Pair doing more than synchro.

Also a better explanation as to Ten'imuhou

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I wouldve made Sanada win in the kantou finals

Against Shitenhouji, I would've had Saiki work in doubles and have a real doubles match between them all. Showing Data vs saiki and showing what zaizen can do and why he's a genius.

I would have no amnesiac Ryoma in the Final. Doubles 1 wouldve been a real match with Golden Pair doing more than synchro.

Also a better explanation as to Ten'imuhou
It's really sad that thanks to Ryoma's recover we lost possibly the idea of the best doubles match of PoT.But I'm not sure, Golden Pair showed in the end that they were all the match toying VS Bunta & Jackal...If that's true,as we suppose, that even make me wonder if Champion Pair is really second best doubles of PoT...

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
It's really sad that thanks to Ryoma's recover we lost possibly the idea of the best doubles match of PoT.But I'm not sure, Golden Pair showed in the end that they were all the match toying VS Bunta & Jackal...If that's true,as we suppose, that even make me wonder if Champion Pair is really second best doubles of PoT...
Well, who do you think is second best then?
Some choices:
-Silver Pair
-Niou / Yagyuu
-other random Rikkai Pair