What you call 'love' was invented by guys like me. To sell Nylons. | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

What you call 'love' was invented by guys like me. To sell Nylons.

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Sorry for my tardiness in replying :fail:

What are some of your favorite series from JUMP? Be it from the past or these days. Let's say: Favorite ~10 Series. - Shoot! :D
Let me think for a while.. One Piece, Jigoku Sensei Nube, Slam Dunk, City Hunter, Dragon Ball, JoJo's Bizzare Adventure, Rouroni Kenshin, Hunter X Hunter, Gintama and.. Hokuto no Ken I think. The list could expand even if you ask me up until 20 series :p

Mr.Prince said:
Genres that I dislike, hmm, let's see... I'd say I'm generally open to just about everything when done properly. Sadly enough some genres are quite prone to clichés. Leaving aside obvious examples like Shota- and Lolicon as well as Boys Love: I really don't like Ecchi titles. Either go for Adult content or leave that stuff out, I'm not 12 years old anymore... :rofl Fanservice (as in panty shots, accidental groping, and the likes) in my eyes is often a means for authors to cover up evident weaknesses in their story.
Cheesy and over-the-top romances are no good for me either. I appreciate it when authors wanna tackle this major theme (i.e. love) which stands just about at the core of human life and our coexistence but please don't forget the realism in the process... Modern Japanese middle schoolers just ain't no knights in shining armor from the Middle Ages, dammit!
Other than that, I've grown a bit tired of manga that feel like they were drawn by the book, i.e. feel stereotypical from beginning to end. (I mean these series that give you this feeling like you have read them or something closely similar dozens of times before, which feature characters without any memorable traits or designs and just generally have a stereotypical setup...)
Ah, I think both of us have the same perspective on Manga, although lately I'm kinda loosening my standard and openly accept common stereotypes, except with panty shoots and boobies groping. In your opinion, what's the best romance manga ever created?

and as an apology.. I give you:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Uff... just like last time, once you forget to reply things start to pile up. :facepalm

Oh it's great that you know her, she is one of our grandes dames.
If you like French chanson, I could advice you some more recent singers in exchange of your German ones.

[...]

True, we have lot's of info thanks to him. I can't beat native speakers unfortunatly. But to my credit he doesn't get much out of the Otaku Shoten, does he ? I contribute absolutely EVERYWHERE :-) (well except in naruto forum)

Oh and it was funny at lunch, because we somehow discussed with colleagues about the old cartoons that were displayed on French TV (Cobra, Ken...) and they didn't believe me when I said it was published in the same magazine than Naruto. I immediatly thought to the recent discussion you had in the previous pages...
Oh that would be lovely. I don't know too much about German chanson though. (Even though I once had to create a teaching project for German as a foreign language which revolved around German chanson and folk song! [I'm a minor for Intercultural German Studies at university.])
I really like some old French music. Do you happen to know Christian Delagrange? My grandma loves his music and I still remember listening to some of his songs when I visited her when I was younger... :D

Again, bravo et mes félicitations~
Everything went well in the end and you managed to take that award home. - And so did I. :confetti

Yeah, it's crazy... and wow, COBRA. :zomg
I'd love to see that show again some time. I thought it was so cool how Terasawa modeled his title hero after the great Monsieur Belmondo~...

Sorry for my tardiness in replying :fail:

Let me think for a while.. One Piece, Jigoku Sensei Nube, Slam Dunk, City Hunter, Dragon Ball, JoJo's Bizzare Adventure, Rouroni Kenshin, Hunter X Hunter, Gintama and.. Hokuto no Ken I think. The list could expand even if you ask me up until 20 series :p

Ah, I think both of us have the same perspective on Manga, although lately I'm kinda loosening my standard and openly accept common stereotypes, except with panty shoots and boobies groping. In your opinion, what's the best romance manga ever created?

and as an apology.. I give you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyy8roNU060
Oh no need to apologize! :thumbs
As you can see I'm also quite prone to forgetting these kinda things, i.e. replying timely.

Ohhhh~~~, great list. Nice variety, reasonable picks, nice ratio of modern titles and classics. Prince approves!
One series that I would definitely have to add to my Top 10 is Morita-sensei's ROOKIES. I love, love, LOOOVE this manga so friggin much. It even challenges SLAM DUNK for the position of my Alltime Favorite Sport Series!

Favorite Romance series, let me think about this for a minute... well, it's a little difficult when going for a full-fledged Romance manga. I'll just name three series that popped into my mind: Nodame Cantabile, Watashi-tachi no shiawase na jikan and Cross Game.
Since they're all catering different demographics (i.e. Josei, Seinen, Shounen; although I really don't give anything to these kind of classifications) it's fair to name more than one. Especially since they are approaching the topic in so wonderfully different ways. -- How about you? :)

And thanks for the Zou Bisou Bisou... :rofl I'll have to counter with my favorite silver-haired devil:

EROUJI!KEKEKEKEK
Oh shit...... :gwah

What do you want here? :shifty

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Just for you.

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
Reaction score
Country
Japan
... :fail

Ich bin verfickter Teilzeit-Journalist, Germanistikstudent und habe schon Schreibwettbewerbe gewonnen! Ich wehre mich vehement gegen etwaige Vorwürfe, ich sei ein Meister der Flachwitze. :yelling

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Hey, I might want to start reading Rookies now :amuse, is the theme similar to Slam Dunk or anything? (I mean delinquent guys attracted to sport)

Ich bin verfickter Teilzeit-Journalist, Germanistikstudent und habe schon Schreibwettbewerbe gewonnen! Ich wehre mich vehement gegen etwaige Vorwürfe, ich sei ein Meister der Flachwitze. :yelling
That awkward moment when I could understand this German text :oh

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Hey, I might want to start reading Rookies now :amuse, is the theme similar to Slam Dunk or anything? (I mean delinquent guys attracted to sport)

That awkward moment when I could understand this German text :oh
Oh, you definitely should do that! Yeah, yeah, it's the same but with even stronger emphasis. (And minus the prominent element of comedy. I mean Sakuragi was a laughing stock and headbutted people in comic relief scenes...) The whole main cast is just a bunch of thugs who... well... f*ck around with their lives. They have nothing going for them and are stuck in a cage of the ever same daily routine. - This is some real amazing character development Morita pulls! I hardly know any other Shounen manga that can take it up with ROOKIES in that particular department. :hip

What I also just love about ROOKIES is the general tone and atmosphere. All of the main characters are heavy smokers (which is prohibited by law and school rules of course), curse a whole friggin lot and do lots of other shit (shoplifting, beating the crap out of others and even each other, relying on weapons in their little thug brawls, etc.). Heck, one of the early chapters even featured a quasi sex scene with one of the main characters who was fooling around with a chick in the club house.
This is soooo~ unthinkable in these times where your usual JUMP series is just tuned down to the max... :fail

LOL, Dorakkun shows his mad German skillz! :rofl

Last edited:

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany

:lmao
I didn't mean it that way.
Lovely reaction, though.

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
Reaction score
Country
Japan

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
Reaction score
Country
Japan
:nono

you're one awesome guy though :3c und arrogant
Oh shit. :oh
Busted by one of the few German speaking staffers... xD

And thanks, man. It's not really about arrogance though (admittedly, I can get a bit haughty at times...), but rather about taking pride in what you're good at. It's one of the things I consider a talent of mine so I don't really want others to talk bad about it, I guess. :/

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Oh shit. :oh
Busted by one of the few German speaking staffers... xD

And thanks, man. It's not really about arrogance though (admittedly, I can get a bit haughty at times...), but rather about taking pride in what you're good at. It's one of the things I consider a talent of mine so I don't really want others to talk bad about it, I guess. :/
:XD not a big deal as you aren't insulting someone else :p

Was just joking Prince, I believe you are bodenständig ;P (nearly everyone is haughty at times XD). And I think I already told you that I like your texts~

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
The thread is moved, Congrats! :confetti

a new place to spam has emerge!

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Oh, right! My thread moved over to the Gangnam District of MangaHelpers and I get to hang with all the cool peopz now... LIFE O' DA RICH'N'FAMOUS, here I come~!! :blush

Gats

The Green Knight
Reaction score
Country
France
Oh, right! My thread moved over to the Gangnam District of MangaHelpers and I get to hang with all the cool peopz now... LIFE O' DA RICH'N'FAMOUS, here I come~!! :blush
I won't share my horses.