Anime - What's coming next! (Manga spoilers included) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime What's coming next! (Manga spoilers included)

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Talk freely about what is coming next in the anime without having to post everything under spoiler tags.
To Anime Fans: there will be spoilers in this discussion.

Discussions about future scenes that haven't been aired, images from a few episodes ahead, etc are all welcome in this thread.
:allen

MSofAofCOCA

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
[/SPOILER]

and the 1st pv just has to spoil more than half of the twists

Seriously, they even put this in character information:

アレン・ウォーカー:
AKUMA の魂を見ることが出来る呪われし左目を持った異色のエクソシスト。

AKUMA と人間を等しく守ろうとする、心優しい正義感溢れる少年。

しかし、敵であるノアの人格「14 番目」を宿しており、複雑な立場におかれている

神田ユウ : かつて教団により作られた、第二(セカンド)エクソシスト
OH FOR--! :twitch
We haven't even met the 3rd Exorcists yet!
Sometimes I really wonder if the animators/producers/whoever runs the website even bothers to follow the actual series.-_-;

*Spoiler tagging for size*

NonExisted

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
they are not in the official website, but on TMS's btw

kannazuki

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
On the bright side, only manga readers would know what a Second Exorcist is, so the part about Kanda isn't too bad. I have to review what the earlier anime revealed about Allen in relation to the 14th. I honestly can't remember...

NonExisted

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
On the bright side, only manga readers would know what a Second Exorcist is, so the part about Kanda isn't too bad. I have to review what the earlier anime revealed about Allen in relation to the 14th. I honestly can't remember...
The anime stopped at Allen only being the musician succeeding the 14th

Can't wait to get on the feels train when Cross hugging Allen scene got animated :crying

Last edited:

MSofAofCOCA

Reaction score
Country
United States
they are not in the official website, but on TMS's btw
Ah, you're right. Fair enough.

But, my feathers are still ruffled.

kannazuki

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Can't wait to get on the feels train when Cross hugging Allen scene got animated :crying
Oh man, that scene is going to kill me. Actually, there are so many scenes I can't wait to see, from every single arc. I try to make a list and it's like a synopsis of the entire story, lol.

NonExisted

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Animedia's

「アレン・ウォーカー:(CV村瀬歩)呪われし左眼と異形の左腕を持つ少年。敵であるノアの人格「14番目」を宿していて複雑な境遇にあるが、大食いだったり多額の借金を抱えていたりと憎めない性格。」

I can't even be mad anymore

Other than that, there are short descriptions of Kanda, Alma and the Earl
And nothing new too...

Last edited:

kannazuki

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
What the-? That one starts out like a continuation of TMS' rendition, only to end up sounding like a parody. (Was this the place to describe Allen's arm, or talk about how he feels about debt? :D)

Dlanor_A.Knox

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I was wondering if the reason of changing Allen's VA to male one might have something to do with Neah?
Maybe the VA is going to do Allen's and Neah's voice, or something in that direction.

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
an't wait to get on the feels train when Cross hugging Allen scene got animated :crying
That and the scenes where an injured Road encouraged Allen and when Allen bid farewell to Lenalee before he escaped were bittersweet. I hope the new series does those scenes justice.

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The thing i most want to see animated is... chapter 187.
All the Noah minus Skin Bolic meeting for the first time.
I think Mamoru Myamo would be perfect for Wisely, but i think no one from the old cast will join this sequel. Suzuki Tatsuhisa would be good too.

The second thing i want to see animated most is Kanda's body almost crumbling at the North America Branch.

kannazuki

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
The stuff at the North American Branch should definitely be covered at least, but I don't know if they're going to continue as far as Allen's imprisonment. :?bunny

(But I hope they do keep going well beyond that as long as it's a good quality adaptation...)

MSofAofCOCA

Reaction score
Country
United States
Omg.... I just remembered: past!Kanda's and child!Kanda's "death". Oh man, that's going to be painful....
On the otherhand, Alma would be a really pretty soul! The first one we would see, I think.

Dlanor_A.Knox

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
We also have seen the soul of the very first Akuma we encountered at dgm.
Uhm the Sister that was inside that Pastor's body....

MSofAofCOCA

Reaction score
Country
United States
We also have seen the soul of the very first Akuma we encountered at dgm.
Uhm the Sister that was inside that Pastor's body....
Yes, but she was basically a skeleton until Allen's innocence purified her. Alma's soul was... responsive.

Dlanor_A.Knox

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Yes, but she was basically a skeleton until Allen's innocence purified her. Alma's soul was... responsive.
Oh I see, you meant it like that XD
Than yes she is the first and probably the last we see like that...

(I think Alma's soul was like that because it wasn't the Earl that made her an Akuma but the Order, so her soul is differently attached to the body than a regualr Akuma's....)

NonExisted

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
dang that sucks, but at least we get a huge chapter every time

and if they continue to be as awesome as 221, it is worth the wait,

one other concern though... how will this disrupt the timing with the new anime, is there enough material for them to continue the story when they catch up? (in other words will the manga stay far enough ahead of the anime to avoid filler?)
The manga has a safe end point for the anime. They can make a 2 cour anime, stop there and wait for more material if they want to continue

Silverwolf442

Reaction score
Country
United States
dang that sucks, but at least we get a huge chapter every time

and if they continue to be as awesome as 221, it is worth the wait,

one other concern though... how will this disrupt the timing with the new anime, is there enough material for them to continue the story when they catch up? (in other words will the manga stay far enough ahead of the anime to avoid filler?)
I don't buy the actual manga. So I go off on the internet manga, like
www.mangahere.com/manga/d_gray_man/

the anime cut off during the events in chapters 157. We're on chapter 221 and 222 is coming out Apr. So that's 65 chapters. But really close to 70. because since the manga came back from hiatus, the chapters have been extra long.

One chapter on average is around 20-21 pages. The 1st chapter after the hiatus, 219 was 54 pages. Then chapter 220 was 40 pages. Then 221 which was 40 or 50. So these past 3 chapters have given near 6-8 chapters worth of story.

So, provided they don't do an Inuyasha Final Act or Bleach and try to rush+cram canon, they have a good bit of story to work with. The manga chapters are released every 3 months. So unless something happens - regarding Hoshino's health, DGM chapters should be out every January, April, July, and October. So the manga may be able to stay ahead a while.And it depends on the anime. They may release new episodes weekly. Or they may release new episodes every 2 weeks.

So the anime had around 70 chapters worth of story to go on. And like all anime out there, most likely, there is gonna be some filler. Either extended scenes/stories, or new stuff added.

I think I read that Hoshino was supervising the anime. If that was true and not just rumor crap, then maybe she'll share with the anime team some things she wanted to have in the manga. I think of Kubo with Bleach. The anime had a filler story with Rukia meeting Ashidou, a shinigami in HM. Kubo said he had plans to introduce him in the manga, but didn't due to time. So they included him in the anime.

I think the anime will be good for at least a solid season.

kannazuki

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Like NonExisted said, it's most likely they are just going to do a limited run and then continue the anime again later. Since Alma's arc is the high point of the advertising, I expect they'll cover that and break with it right after the Third Exorcists are dealt with (following Alma and Kanda's escape, obviously). They'll possibly show Allen behind bars for a moment as well.

Actually I can see them doing one of those slick teasers where Apo appears in the dining hall to reassure Allen's friends that he'll be alright (ch 202), then the credits roll, and then after the credits we see him arrive at Allen's cell with an ominous air, just in time to "save" Allen from becoming the 14th in front of Link.