Society - Where do you see your country... | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Society Where do you see your country...

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
...in 40 years from now?

Politically, economically, and culturally?

What would you like to see improved in your area, in your government, in your own local area?

Loaded topic, I know, but I'm curious since we have so many people from around the world here.

Gornot

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Serbia
In 40 years, Serbia and Montenegro is going to be more miserable than ever...
In 80 years, Serbia and Montenegro is going to be even more miserable...
In 120 years, Serbia and Montenegro is going to be even more miserable...
In 200 years, there will be no more Serbs...

Asmodeus

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
In 40 years the United States will have been passed by China economically. This is, assuming, we have turned each other to ash at that point. I also believe in the next hundred years the Earth will be under control of the UN as a single nation.

rocky123

Reaction score
In 40 years, I will still have no country.

Maybe not even in a century...

But eventually justice will prevail.

The key to our stolen house in Haifa may finally be used by my great grandson.

Palestine 4 life :beer

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
In another 40 years, if my dumb government still resist the obvious fact that special rights are detroying themselves, then I believe all the smart people including me will leave my country and seek citizenship of other countries or just become a permanent resident in other country. By then, the country will be down in not 40 years, but rather 30 years. 30 years should be more than enough to bring my country down if they still cling to themselves and hold on to special rights without considering the social of other races. I am sure in 30 years, the country will be gone economically, politically and culturally. I dont really mind about that since I am also a victim of this biased policy.

Anbu

Reaction score
In 40 years from now. Hopefully my country will be a fully developed country. Politically and economically stable. unnn...
Still lacking behind in so many aspects right now. Too many to mention. The Prime Minister is being too soft. We need a dictator!!111!!1 yeah.

eileenting88 said:
In another 40 years, if my dumb government still resist the obvious fact that special rights are detroying themselves, then I believe all the smart people including me will leave my country and seek citizenship of other countries or just become a permanent resident in other country. By then, the country will be down in not 40 years, but rather 30 years. 30 years should be more than enough to bring my country down if they still cling to themselves and hold on to special rights without considering the social of other races. I am sure in 30 years, the country will be gone economically, politically and culturally. I dont really mind about that since I am also a victim of this biased policy.
OK now, i also hope the gov will demolished the so-called special rights :p because some people here doesnt seem too happy with it. They feel oppressed eventhough they currently control at ;east 60% of the wealth pie hmmmMmm.
And everything starts from you, the citizen...do something if you are unhappy. Let the democracy decide, go throw your vote for other parties. Dont be dumb and migrate to other countries after you finished your degree on gov sponsorship. Smart people wont do that. You will be labelled unpatriotic. The gov gave you education, no internet cencorship unlike China oops... what else ?. your ancestors citizenship and you should be thankful about that. But if you still want to migrate well then goodbye little girl, you wont be missed :p I'm staying for the sake of my country YEAH

hatakescarecrow

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
My country in 30 years from now will ban virtually everything fun.Harsh rules will be made and fun is a word that might not exist here.People will continue to vote for the same party forever.PAP until the end of time!!!!!!

Eileenting i feel ur pain.After all MALAYSIA has the word MALAY on it
Heres some of it

In malaysia promoting english=====>Overthrowing Malay rights
In malaysia =-------> Job advertisment Malays prefered
In malaysia ----->teach in malay most of the time.Malay is compulsory to learn.
Worst of all ==========> in malaysia university, Malays gets first dibs :o

And the list goes on

Thank goodness i live in Singapore

o yea btw Google china search taiwan independence------>sorry no matches were found.
So that proves anbu's point.
However everyone votes for UMNO so no choice there.

Anbu

Reaction score
hatakescarecrow said:
My country in 30 years from now will ban virtually everything fun.Harsh rules will be made and fun is a word that might not exist here.People will continue to vote for the same party forever.PAP until the end of time!!!!!!

Eileenting i feel ur pain.After all MALAYSIA has the word MALAY on it
Heres some of it

In malaysia promoting english=====>Overthrowing Malay rights
In malaysia =-------> Job advertisment Malays prefered
In malaysia ----->teach in malay most of the time.Malay is compulsory to learn.
Worst of all ==========> in malaysia university, Malays gets first dibs :o

And the list goes on

Thank goodness i live in Singapore

o yea btw Google china search taiwan independence------>sorry no matches were found.
So that proves anbu's point.
However everyone votes for UMNO so no choice there.
Actually the majority is voting for BN, the BARISAN NASIONAL . where the Malaysian Chinese Association and Malaysian Indian Congress are in it.
In malaysia ----->teach in malay most of the time.Malay is compulsory to learn. - FYI Bahasa Melayu is the official language, heck now they are already teaching Mathematics and Science in English.

About Singapore, I heard everything is strict over there. The officials there can stop a riot even before it started :blink yeah
I dont like comparing but Singapore is certainly a much better country than mine. But the suicide rate is quite high :mad
Overall i think the PAP is doing an excellent job as the goverment. So be happy :smile-big

KOLE

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Gornot said:
In 40 years, Serbia and Montenegro is going to be more miserable than ever...
In 80 years, Serbia and Montenegro is going to be even more miserable...
In 120 years, Serbia and Montenegro is going to be even more miserable...
In 200 years, there will be no more Serbs...
Yeah, I have same opinion :(

Anbu

Reaction score
KOLE said:
Yeah, I have same opinion :(
why is that so ? whats happening there ?

walkie

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
believes there are 2 possibilities..one good and one bad

good:
1-turkey will become EU-member nation
2-economy will continue going higher and better
3-if turkey's position continues becoming stronger, turks will be the key to cool down the tension between chriastians and muslims (or vice versa)

bad:
1-EU nations will reject turkey without any logical reason. that will cause great anger and racist movements
2-turkey will stop sympathing Europe and USA, and turn to side of china-russia-arabians
3-radical islam will become stronger in turkey (that will be a step to war between arab nations and usa+some euro-nations and that will effect first, all europe then the rest of world)

KOLE

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Anbu said:
why is that so ? whats happening there ?
See: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=577.msg15220#msg15220
KOLE said:
Well, to tell the truth, I don't really know what good to say about Serbia.
Since 1991 to 2001 our country was in really bad state (in 1999 NATO was bombarding Serbia because of decisions of our president), and for there 4 years there's only a little improvement. Average payment is around $200 a month, which is hardly enough to live (only bills are $130), not to mention that I don't even have cable TV and still have dial-up.

Suma summarum: Serbia is the worst country in Europe to live in :(
And nothing good happened in last 4 years (it was even worse before). And here's more: everything in our country is 18% more expensive than in neighbourhood countries because of taxes, and our payment is noticably smaller.

Gornot, if I forgot something, fell free to tell more :)

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I really appreciate your willingness to talk about your country's problems KOLE.. perhaps if more people became aware things might improve, after all.

And keep these responses coming guys... :)

Anbu said:
And everything starts from you, the citizen...do something if you are unhappy. Let the democracy decide, go throw your vote for other parties. Dont be dumb and migrate to other countries after you finished your degree on gov sponsorship. Smart people wont do that. You will be labelled unpatriotic. The gov gave you education, no internet cencorship unlike China oops... what else ?. your ancestors citizenship and you should be thankful about that. But if you still want to migrate well then goodbye little girl, you wont be missed :p I'm staying for the sake of my country YEAH
From what I have heard... Malaysia is not kind to 'unhappy minorities.'

Anyway... as America is the top dog in the world I don't see much changing for us in the next 40 years although I do think we will have some more enemies.. but ah well... pretty hard to tell because we have such a shift of ideas from President to President.

overjojojojo

Reaction score
well, i expect there to be some kind of massive scale world war within the next 10-20 years... with the US as the target... its in the bible... all the signs are here... it will happen... the end of days... everything is corrupt... the whole world is corrupt... the youth, the adults, even the elderly... i REALLY seriously cannot even picture the US being here much longer... as well as the wolrd...

Predator

Scientist of Anthropology
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
Well, as for Latvia, if Russia will stop messing into our things, in 40 years we will catch westen european regions. All the north-eastern sector will become the new iron curtain as russia will re-adapt some stupid form of government. Also because of many "gold miners" there will be a lack of local manpower (it's starting already). And the system of social security will need some rearangements as taxpayers will not be able to cover the large amount of pensions (retirement salary if the term is wrong).
Plus, not being held back by huge historical luggage, Latvia will be technologicaly more advanced than large nations, like UK, Germany and France.

hatakescarecrow

Reaction score
Umno is BN btw so when u vote for BN u vote for them too.But hey things would be way worse if PAS won.

And anbu is right
15g of drugs ----->die
No bubblegum allowed
No smoking virtually everywhere.
Cigarette prices is sky high.
Don't bother asking to be pardoned even if america comes up to defend the dude who commited a crime here.

Gornot

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Serbia
KOLE said:
Gornot, if I forgot something, fell free to tell more :)
Glad to... Well, I don't know about you, Kole, but politics and our economical state aren't the only bad things here...

People are disgussting... Our music culture has taken over the minds of most young people... In our country we have something called turbo-folk. It's a mixture of (very bad) folk and house music... After Milošević became the president in 1990 rock'n'roll culture was litteraly FORBIDDEN!!! All the clubs that were playing that sort of music were CLOSED, the bands were FORBIDDEN to release even a single, not to mention an album... A "smart" rocker formed a TV station "PINK", promoting everything that is immoral and just rude - turbo folk!!! Soon the people changed... Smart and talented singers became whores (sorry for the curseword, I can't explain it in another way) and criminals caring only about the money and/or power in any fields possible... So, naturaly, people became like them... We are the first country in the world when it comes to hating things like homosexualism, rock'n'roll, heavy metal, art, literature or ANYTHING that had a value before... Serbia has THE MOST cases of agressive abuse of homosexuals... People supporting two of our most popular footbal clubs are beating and/or killing each other every time the clubs play a match... You can immagine what they do to people like me when they see me wearing the Celtic FC. shirts or anything else... Heavy metal industry is barely alive... there are hundreds of great bands, some of them are known throughout the world (anyone heard of "Alogia"?), but our TV stations stubbornly REFUSE to play metal music videos, support a band by sponsorships or anything else... So the industry is poor, still alive, but it gets worse every day...
Anything else? I have sooo much to talk about that I can write a book, so...

No OnE

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
You know that www.endofworld.net site? It will have happened... The US will be fried crispy xD

hatakescarecrow

Reaction score
Gornot said:
Glad to... Well, I don't know about you, Kole, but politics and our economical state aren't the only bad things here...

People are disgussting... Our music culture has taken over the minds of most young people... In our country we have something called turbo-folk. It's a mixture of (very bad) folk and house music... After Milošević became the president in 1990 rock'n'roll culture was litteraly FORBIDDEN!!! All the clubs that were playing that sort of music were CLOSED, the bands were FORBIDDEN to release even a single, not to mention an album... A "smart" rocker formed a TV station "PINK", promoting everything that is immoral and just rude - turbo folk!!! Soon the people changed... Smart and talented singers became whores (sorry for the curseword, I can't explain it in another way) and criminals caring only about the money and/or power in any fields possible... So, naturaly, people became like them... We are the first country in the world when it comes to hating things like homosexualism, rock'n'roll, heavy metal, art, literature or ANYTHING that had a value before... Serbia has THE MOST cases of agressive abuse of homosexuals... People supporting two of our most popular footbal clubs are beating and/or killing each other every time the clubs play a match... You can immagine what they do to people like me when they see me wearing the Celtic FC. shirts or anything else... Heavy metal industry is barely alive... there are hundreds of great bands, some of them are known throughout the world (anyone heard of "Alogia"?), but our TV stations stubbornly REFUSE to play metal music videos, support a band by sponsorships or anything else... So the industry is poor, still alive, but it gets worse every day...
Anything else? I have sooo much to talk about that I can write a book, so...
Looks like the situation is desperate there huh?
o yeah and please next time, paragraph

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm...I have two countries, the one I was born and grew up in (Australia) and the country where I have been residing for past 7 years (England) that I am also fond of. Australia will hopefully, in 40 years be more independent, learn to better use its own wealth of natural resources and thus be wealthier of its own accord, be competing in World Cups and beat America at the Olympics of that time!!! YEAH!

As for England, it is already an old country with an old culture and nothing has, nor ever will stand in its way. Whatever its political or social state in 40 years time, it will still be around and still be a strong force.