Life Where will YOU be in 5 Years?

venicia777

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
i will be alive and healthy in mind and body. The best hope one could wish for.

Paper

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
right now i'm in kind of a stale mate... i just quit college, and have turned into a bum living in his parent's house... but i do have plans on goint to LA to study at GCA. it's a 2 year guitar crafting course. but before i got to LA i wanna work here first for about a year, and soak p on things that i've missed... after college i plan on working under a major guitar company (e.g. gibson/ fender/ jackson) and gain enough experience and money to jump start my own brand.

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
In five years.. that is a long time.
I'm already working for a while...so in 5 years time, I hope to do a 3600 change in my career and go into freeelance piano teaching, with more time for other stuff. If things go well, I think by then, i would have settled down and have a new place to call my own. :)

@ Bax - You sure plan far ahead... ;)

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Nami said:
@ Bax - You sure plan far ahead... ;)
So do you ^^

Well, we gotta plan ahead, right? Just to know where are we going and what is our goal and how much can we meet our own expectations. Just making sure that my future is well planned :amuse

bakashijinsan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
My plans five years from now always comes as a shock to most people who asked. Five years (or less) from now, I plan to take another undergraduate course--Bachelor in Arts Major in Literature or Creative Writing. When I say this most people would go "WHAT?!" :blink "But why?"

I understand that they react like that because I finished a degree in Electronics Engineering and they're thinking that Math and Languages go the opposite ways. But then, whenever I get that reaction, I always feel like punching that person. It's like the degree that I really want to get is so trifle and so small compared to other degrees out there. But then nobody was hurt for the duration of those discussions (at least not virtually).:D

Anyway, after I get my degree in Creative Writing, I'll be getting my Masters, probably in Literature again or something like that. But of course I need a stable job first, buy a house for my parents, buy a taxi cab that we can use to earn extra income, have my little sister finish college.....OMG! I realized I can't do that in 5 years!
I'll be like 40 years old before finishing all of these things. Oh well, they say, life begins at 40 :p

Nami

Queen of The Damned
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
bakashijinsan said:
Oh well, they say, life begins at 40 :p
Haha...i thought the saying is 'Life for Man starts at 40'?!

There's nothing wrong with doing a Masters in Literature writing. It takes ambition and courage to chase after the dream you want. At least no one stops you from taking them. The world's perception of artists and writers are that, they will be poor, e.g. vincent van gogh or have depressing life like Sylvia plath & virgina woolf. However, they fail to realise that if the world is full of money making people, there will no longer be much humanity and enjoyment left in this world. And if everyone just cares about earning money, there will no longer be any teachers or volunteers left to impart knowledge of the great arts to them. Anyway, good choice! :thumbs

Btw, look at the manga artists in Japan, they earn more like politicians!! :p

bakashijinsan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Nami said:
Haha...i thought the saying is 'Life for Man starts at 40'?!
Well, they mean the same so it's cool. :amuse

Nami said:
There's nothing wrong with doing a Masters in Literature writing. It takes ambition and courage to chase after the dream you want. At least no one stops you from taking them. The world's perception of artists and writers are that, they will be poor, e.g. vincent van gogh or have depressing life like Sylvia plath & virgina woolf. However, they fail to realise that if the world is full of money making people, there will no longer be much humanity and enjoyment left in this world. And if everyone just cares about earning money, there will no longer be any teachers or volunteers left to impart knowledge of the great arts to them. Anyway, good choice! :thumbs

Btw, look at the manga artists in Japan, they earn more like politicians!! :p
Thanks for the encouragement Nami. I never did get discouraged from taking another degree or masters way out of the line of what I took up before. I love to write and I want people to appreciate writing and reading literary pieces.
If ever I become poor like artists out there, (well, not uber poor wherein I can't eat anymore) then that's fine with me. I realized this when I got my first job. It was a high paying job but I felt that it really doesn't suit me. I mean, I won't grow into someone by staying there. Finding a job that you like is critical for your future as far as I can see.

re: the manga authors

Is that true? :blink I didn't know their royalty fees can get that much! WHOAH!

Nami

Queen of The Damned
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Yes, regarding the mangakas, i read about it somewhere.
That's why singers and writers earn a lot from all those royalty fees.
So maybe next time in the future, you can also think of writing a book of your own. :)

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States
i will still be reaing mangas hopefully one piece and naruto will still be going on

but at 12:24 i will celebrate the 5 year aneversiary of you asking me this question

kadodo

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Haiti
If it's about being a manga fan. I think I will be a manga fan for life. The only thing I wonder now is if my favorite manga Naruto will still be around in five years.

bakashijinsan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Nami said:
Yes, regarding the mangakas, i read about it somewhere.
That's why singers and writers earn a lot from all those royalty fees.
So maybe next time in the future, you can also think of writing a book of your own. :)
Nami you just stated my ultimate goal! :amuse

Yes I am dreaming of having my own book published. But here in our place, no one'll recognize you that much unless you have a degree. Which is sad.

kadodo said:
If it's about being a manga fan. I think I will be a manga fan for life. The only thing I wonder now is if my favorite manga Naruto will still be around in five years.
Not to worry. Even if Naruto ends, there'll be plenty of manga that will come out in the future that will be on equal footing with your fav manga :tem

[ichi]Great discussion guys, unfortunately it strayed from the topic. May I suggest to stay on-topic?. Thank you :D[/ichi]

Azurel

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
In 5 years time, I hope to complete the bachelor degree in life science with honours. :amuse and I certainly hope I'm still alive and well. :XD

Beam

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well i will be ether in University studying something if everything goes well or ill be somewhere doing something and of course i might also be dead.

ILUVATAR

Reaction score
Country
Greece
if i have finished my University studies i'll be in the army i think >.>

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
Reaction score
Country
United States
if i have finished my University studies i'll be in the army i think >.>
ooh., Army, really?

Right now, I'm thinking that I want to be finished with my Exercise Science degree and working on my Physical therapy degree with no life and lots of debt <3

;__;

Babii-Boo

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Let's see... 5 years from now... I'll be 19/20.
Hm.. STILL YOUNG STILL YOUNG =P
Probably in Cambridge University if you ask me =PP HAHA

Azurel

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Let's see... 5 years from now... I'll be 19/20.
Hm.. STILL YOUNG STILL YOUNG =P
Probably in Cambridge University if you ask me =PP HAHA
now, why does that makes me feel old >.>

ILUVATAR

Reaction score
Country
Greece
:rofl chill out Azurel don't be that negative. the age gap isn't that big. i am older than both of you and in in my 25 (in 5 years from now) i'll to the army. something that will seem weird to someone since in my country since others go there by the age of 18.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Just realized my first post already seems like it's not going to be right.

I never did go to graduate school in Georgia. Decided against it. I stayed out of school - I'm going to graduate school at my alma mater, U. of Tennessee, instead, next year.

Right now I think - I hope - I'll be teaching somewhere in 5 years from now. Kinda scary how fast time flies though. Seems like just yesterday I made this thread >_>

Azurel

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
:rofl chill out Azurel don't be that negative. the age gap isn't that big.
When you look at it objectively, 5 years is nothing. But if you see it as she's going to be where I am in 5 years time, wad would that make me.. much much older :XD

Kinda scary how fast time flies though. Seems like just yesterday I made this thread >_>
Yes, I still can't believe I'm in my final year.. Seems like just yesterday I was a freshman :darn