Which Next-Gen console do you intend to have?! | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Which Next-Gen console do you intend to have?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

infyquest

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Re: PS3...................Are you planning to own it?

oops my mistake in reading the news, will edit it.

I will buy it when it slims down, its bulky ;)

kiddo7

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria

Yeah, I really can't see myself afording one. $600 is a little hefty for a console in my opinion and then you still have to pay for games. I guess it depends on how much your gaming has a priority in your life.

On the other hand The Wii might just be in my range (I am a poor kiddo you see) You see I dont want my gaming console to be a computer and full fledged entertasinment center also. I Do not want to pay extra for a console that Does things my Computer of my DVD player or any of my other appliances could do. Now it is true that the wee also has an Internet browser a photoalbum and who knows what else but it still only costs around $250. What is the trade of? A weaker proccesor and last years Grafix. I guess you can't win em all.

That said, I am very impressed by what the PS3 can do and I would not at all mind playing it and if anyone wanted to give me one for christmas, I would definatly not hate him/her for it. I just think that it is a goal that is way out of my reach.

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Maybe... by Christmas 2007. I'm crossing my fingers that the price has dropped by then, although I bet that it still won't be as cheap as the Wii.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

Ayah said:
Maybe... by Christmas 2007. I'm crossing my fingers that the price has dropped by then, although I bet that it still won't be as cheap as the Wii.
I can guarantee that it will never be cheaper then the Wii. The PS2 was never cheaper than the Gamecube. Now, if the PS3 is some sort of colossal failure, than there might be hope for that kind of price drop, but it won't fail.

infyquest

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India

Ayah said:
Do grls to play video games? ;) :p
Im surprised.
Hehehehe.......
(Dont get serious. Im kidding)

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

xi0 said:
PS3 hasn't been released in Japan. The release date for Japan is November 11th, and November 17th for the rest of the world.
Nope, "the rest of the world" in your post means America, for instance Europe will have to wait 'till March '07, 'cause Sony didn't manage to produce enough PS3s in time and decided to focus on America... :D (Not like i care, but it's funny).

ssjohn

Reaction score
Country
United States

I do plan on getting one but it will most likely not be tell sometime in late 07 :(

but by then hopefully there will be MGS4!!! and FF13!!!!!!!! *dances * XD i can hope can't i? XD

Right now the only thing i would get @ launch would be the system it self.. there isnt a awsome game for it that i 'have to have' but that was the same with the PS2 now i love my ps2 but when it first came out and for awhile after i didnt want one.

the Wii launch on the other hand is preaty good i mean there isnt one game i 'have to have' but it is a better line up then sony's (( I know TLOZ : TP but thats also comeing for GC so that takes off the 'must have for the wii' aspect ))

Hawkuro

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Iceland
First the Wii, then possibly the PS3 if prices drop...

ssjohn

Reaction score
Country
United States
*Wow alot it seems PS3 vs Wii here >.<*

What the problume here is that Wii isnt a huge 'next gen' console it isnt trying to fight w/ Sony / Microsoft but trying to win back gamers who left them during the ps1 era / get new ppl who wouldnt be playing games into gameing .

The war is between Microsoft / Sony... and as of now the PS3 should win but its up to sony to get the systems out and fast.

There is going to be a HUGE shortage this year of ps3's ((Maybe wii's nintendo says there wont be but you can't always trust them >.<)

for me its Ps3 - wii - 360

laughing@you

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
Unless PS3 prices go down I am not even looking that way! Sure I love to play the final fantasy, Metal gear games on the PS3, but $900.......thats pushing it!! It might have a lot of hardware but its too much!!!

Wii...nintendo has tried many things to keep gamers involved and cuz of lack of competition (until now with sony and microsoft ) it had survive until now. I think it will land flat on their butts. Me personally don't see my self swinging that controller around like a Jediknight wanna be!!! It may look cool, but for how long do you really think your arm will last? Example: I've played the sword games in the arcade and get old really fast!!

The last but not least Xbox 360. Now this is the one i'm sticking to. Not because i'm a microsoft lover. But because of what they offer and of course the price. Its a lot more hardware for your price and its even with the PS3 (hardware and performance wise) for half the price. Without mentioning that is not gonna be long before hackers come thru with a lot of cool stuff, Like running games from the hard drive or detachable flash drive, like the original xbox. Which improves loading times by 80%.

kiddo7

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Hurray for hackers! they are our last hope in this demented world we live in where big corporations hunt profit disregarding the benefit of their customers if the two would ever come in conflict. It is because of hakers that we can rest assured that there will always be one or another form of inovation and that there will always be a way to get around whatever unnessesary measures big comapies decide to implement in their blind pursuit of financial gain.
I raise my cup in honor of these champions of fairness and equality who, though their methods and sometimes their motives might be questionable, unrelentingly contiue to provide a balance and counter weight to the corporate machine.

p.s. I respectfully ask that no one feel compelled to take offence to my short and random monolog. It was by no means intended to be taken seriously. On the contrary, I was simply overrun by the urge let lose a barrage of exagerated admiration for a group of people that hide in the shadows of acceptable society.

laughing@you

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
None taken!!

shinwei

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Don't expect to ever get any kind of good pirating on an Xbox 360. Those required updates that happen every once in a while will brick your console (read: make it so that it will not power up ever again) if it detects any kind of modding or tampering.

kiddo7

Reaction score
Country
Austria
You know, one of the most wonderfull thing about hackers, the real old school type anyway, is that if someone proclaims something impossible they make it their personal responsibility to prove that person wrong.
Personally I think it is just a matter of time. There will always be hacks that is one thing you can count on in this world.

Tuca

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
A Wii is a given for me, as I loved SSBM, and can't wait for the third game. PS3 and X360 is the tough choice. PS3 is a bit expensive, yet has the next game in one of my favorite series (MGS). 360 has Blue Dragon (which I think looks awesome), and tons of multiplayer games (being a WoW addict, I adore online multiplayer). For now, I'll just stick with my PS2, DS and buying a Wii later this month.

ssjohn

Reaction score
Country
United States
from what i have been looking @ i dont see there being a MUST HAVE GAME for any of the new console's... i wish there was one but right now there isnt ...

I mean as of now i think the thing on everyone's mind is the WII but in a year or two when the dust settels are you going to still think the Wiimote is cool? or just a annoying gimick that you wish wasnt made? i hope it dosnt come to that butr i just dont think that the Wiimote is a sure fire thing tell i play with it.

I think for now its just the fan-boy's and hard core gamers that are buying console's while the rest of the ppl are fine with there current gen consoles (( There are a ton of games i still need to play for my PS2 and a ton of GC games i need to play on the Wii whenever i get it >.>))

zypher

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
everybody loves Wii :turtle ^^ everybody loves Wii :turtle ^^ everybody loves Wii :turtle ^^

yes i am gonig to get me a Wii and as fast Super Smash Bros Brawl will come out i will not go outside until i have done everything in the game ^^

everybody loves Wii :turtle ^^ everybody loves Wii :turtle ^^ everybody loves Wii :turtle ^^

blasta

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yes! I am getting Wii myself too :smile-big will probably get PS3 too but much later on when prices are down and also there aren't much good launch games for it most of the good games are coming later on.

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
Only thing I'm sure, I won't get a Wii. I like to play my games with a regular pad, so Wii is not for me. I'll probably buy the PS3 when MGS4 is released, since I'm looking forward to other PS3 games like FFXIII too :amuse

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
PS3 and its games are what I really want, but I'll probably settle for the Wii and Zelda this January while I wait for some games to come out for the PS3 and get the latter in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.