Shounen - Whistle by Higuchi Daisuke | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Whistle by Higuchi Daisuke

dsidhe

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Hi, trying to find Whistle Edited Mangas. Hope someone can point me to the right direction :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reloaded

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Re: Whistle Edited Mangas

there are only 14 chapters scanlated go to gotlurk

TBBX

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

thats because that was around where the anime ended and they were going to do it but dropped it

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Whistle! is a GREAT manga. I'm disappointed it doesn't get more attention. I have up to volume 14 now, but that's Viz's manga volumes that I bought at the bookstore.

The series is finished, though, at 24 volumes, and Viz's probably licensed it all, so that's why you probably won't see any new Edited Mangas on Whistle - your best chance is to order from Viz's store now to read the story.

It's too bad nobody thought to scanlate Whistle! before it was finished though. Can't get 'em all, I guess.

sushi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

man that's why can't find any
i am so devoted to find but no money to buy

A.B.

Reaction score
Country
United States

Such a shame since it takes so long between volumes. At the rate its going it should take years before the rest of it gets translated. :darn I want to know what happens after the anime and it hasn't got there yet. Anyone know a good place to find it in japanese or even chinese? At this rate it might be faster for me to buy it and learn to read japanese.

ikuyoK

Reaction score
Country
United States

Hmmm.. I would really like to know if the ending of the Whistle! anime is premature or not.. Does the manga go further than the match in Seoul? I know some other sports anime end prematurely..*cough*Prince of Tennis and Slam Dunk I would hate it if I haven't seen it all yet.. But I would love it if there was more to the story than the anime lets on...

A.B.

Reaction score
Country
United States

Yep, the manga continues on after the anime ends. I've only read some vague references to it though, since I don't really want to spoil it for myself. There's 24 manga volumes total, and volume 18 (which Inane scanlated) was around where the anime ended. So there's at least a couple volumes after the end of the anime.

And though PoT ended before the nationals, they made (are making?) the "National Championship Chapters" which cover it. No excuses for Slam Dunk though, I personally would have loved seeing the final games. <3 (Still the best shounen series ever in my opinion)

A.B.

Reaction score
Country
United States

Just thought I would mention that Lurk's raw bot ([UR]DAN) has the raws for what looks to be the whole series. It's Japanese but better than nothing.

yatsin

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

yea all raws ....i cant even find english scans after volume 2

A.B.

Reaction score
Country
United States

Well, Inane also released volume 18 (chapters 153-160) but other than the first 13 chapters scanlated by Aku-Tenshi (which you said you already had) none of the rest were done. Most likely due to licensing (though that hasn't stopped some mangas).

I'm buying them as they're released in English (15 volumes so far) but it's really hard to wait that long. I would love to see at least translations for the other volumes.

Ser3n

Reaction score
Country
Portugal

Well, if/when i feel like it i may translate Whitle! manga, like Shinji is doing with Captain Tsubasa... But it's just to boring. But i'll do it, if i feel there's enough feedback from ppl, asking me to do it...

kurokazeryuu

Reaction score
Country
United States

Now's there's 16 volumes out that Viz released for Whistle! and I've got all of them too... It would be nice if someone scanlate it... I mean I would still buy the manga... but I'd just like to read ahead..... *sigh*

ThE WoRm

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel

Oh, lurk has the raws *writes to one self* I guess I'll finish the series soon :P

n8starr

Reaction score
Country
United States

Yea that would be great if you could scanlate this manga, Ser3n, i have read all the volumes that viz has released anyway but it would be nice to have them on my computer too, maybe in a better translation than viz, as well as the ones that come after....

cargo

Reaction score
Country
United States

Ser3n if you could translate whistle that would be so sweet!

SabiQ

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Australia

oh hey! ive been working on chapter 18 (done a few pages) nearli there, ill release it wen im done but im not that good at all this...if my translations are shoddy sori XD (you can correct me) but nyway i love soccer so yea...if someone else is doing this PM me and we can work on it together? or leave me ur details to PM u ? it would be so much faster wif help xD im just one person after all...

Edit: no ones pm'ed me lawl few more sentences to go till release (less than a page) but i want to go to sleep so u have to wait another day haha =p

chapteer 18 is RELEASED~! pick up while its hot in the latest Edited Manga bit guys =p...if you pick up any errors ill fix it up and repost the link ^^ enjoy enjoy

Last edited:

someone2040

Reaction score
Country
Australia

Sweet!
I was reading Whistle at Borders the other day, and was quite dissapointed when they only had volume 1, then skipped to 4 and 5.
Will definately download it when I get bandwith back.

SabiQ

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Australia

i was wondering if anyone has the inoue scans of whatever they did of whistle? i wanna noe which scans i dun have to do =.= (btw currentli working on chapter 19...expect it like next week ish since i want to sleep just finished exams... i fink i failed >.<)