Discussion Who are your favourite characters?

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The Sin's have been introduced relatively fast, yet there still are some missing. If you had to choose your favourite among the known ones, who would it be? Or maybe you're in love with a Sin we haven't even seen yet? Just remember to state your reasons for being your favourite and of course vote in the poll to decide who's the most loved member of the Seven Sin's.

It's pretty hard to decide on a favourite for me, I really like all of them. Ban is more of a tragic grey character while King seems to be there for some obvious comic relief. Still I love his child form and the strong passion he shows when he really cares, not to mention his power is just cool :XD
Meliodas is the generic mysterious type of good guy, my vote probably won't got to him as long as we don't get to know more about him.
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I'd currently have to say Diane is my favorite, with Ban as a second. There's just something about her demeanor and affection for Meliodas that I find endearing.

On that note, I'm most curious about Merlin, if and when we'll see her in the manga.
 

MSofAofCOCA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2010
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
664
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Voting for King, because he's the character that got me into NnoT and I think he's absolutely adorable in his kid form. Like you said, he's there for obvious comic relief, but he's also the only one with a brain (especially when talking about the personal Treasures). I think his power is very unique too, and the way he's so matter-of-fact about everything. I'm surprised at the lack of interaction between Elizabeth and King though.

2nd place would be Meliodas for me, since he's so mysterious. And when we saw his demonic-looking shadow a few chapters back, that got me very interested in his background.

The other characters are sort of "meh" for me. Not that they aren't interesting or unique, but every chapter I mostly look forward to King and Meliodas panels.
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,384
Reaction score
12,173
Gender
Male
Country
United States
My faves are King and Ban.

I like King's design(his kid form anyway), I like his sin, Sloth, and I am intrigued as to why he left his post as King of Fairy's. While he's a form a comic relief(who isn't really) he also kinda inadvertently caused his sister's death which is kinda a tragic part of his character. Which brings me to Ban.

Ban is just awesome for awesome sake. Cool design, cool powers, and a cool personality. I usually hate these "cool just because" characters in manga(See Kenpachi from BLEACH), but every once in again I'll find one I like(see Zebra from Toriko). Also the origin of his Sin was just sweet. The connection between both he and King is pretty awesome and sad at the same time and it just makes me like the two more.

As for everyone else? I like them well enough, but those two specifically are my current favorites.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
I like Ban and his ambiguous personality even if he is not really an evil character (just pretend he is sometime).
But yeah so far they are all pretty interesting and a great part of why I like this manga. No fault in the cast so far, I hope it continues with the other sins.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
My interest lies more in Meliodas than the others, since they hinted a bunch of stuff of his true monstrous self.

In the end it'll probably be a typical shounen something. But it has me intrigued.
Although, I'm definitely going for Ban, I love characters like him, he's a badass bitch, has awesome powers and an awesome personality. So far the background story is sweet, I love those tragic things, this involves King too, but I don't really care for him.
 

Mr. Arashi

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 6, 2010
Messages
882
Reaction score
183
Gender
Male
Country
Chile
Meliodas atm.

He's pervert and funny and has a lot of undercover things to show. I also like Ban's desires, the act of wanting everything is sooo cool! <3
 

Samui

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
555
Reaction score
151
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
I love them all, but if I have to rank them... then Meliodas, Ban, King, Diane.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I voted for Ban, as much as I like Meliodas' creepy and perviness towards Elizabeth; I really enjoy Ban's character; pretty much for the same reasons that Xadyu wrote. His backstory was unexpectedly moving and personality is quite badass; a more sinister and disturbing type compared to how badass Meliodas is.
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
My favorite is King, which is weird, because I actively disliked him in his introductory arc, but now I just can't get enough of him floating around all moe on his pillow :wtf
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
My favorite is King, which is weird, because I actively disliked him in his introductory arc, but now I just can't get enough of him floating around all moe on his pillow :wtf
Same over here, I actually disliked him too because of his blind arrogance towards Ban for what happened with Elaine. He changed after that he is wise, funny, strong, etc
 

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 13, 2011
Messages
3,313
Reaction score
2,810
Gender
Hidden
Country
Colombia
I like them all. I really like Ban's story much more than his personality. Immortal is an archetype. I have read some few stories about immortals: typically in all of them they try to regain their mortality in order to rest in peace. Death is some kind of a liberation, and being alive a painful condition. It's the first time I read about an immortal that possibly wants to die to meet his beloved lady (he doesn't want to rest in peace but in his woman's arms). I'm a romantic guy and I can't stop adoring that well achieved mixture between love and mortality/immortality topics.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I don't think that Kink was arrogant, he simply didn't know the truth, anyone would have the same conclusion about the story fo Ban without know the details. Elaine kept the fountain of youth, she die and Ban appears immortal, what is the conclusion that anyone would come?
After King knows the truth he was a bit proud, but it is what makes him more cool. XD
So I liked him since the beginning and I like even more now with his with full of technique beside Chastiefol. He uses his weapon in a different way, he doesn't even touch in Chastiefol, but controls it with great ability.
 

Sir Amigo

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2012
Messages
79
Reaction score
18
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
Ban is an awesome character. He is without a doubt my favorite Sin at the moment. He is the typical badass every manga has. But he is a little bit different. I think he acts all cool, but his only wish is to be with Kings sister... So I think there will come a point, where he curses his immortality..

Anyway, Meliodas, King and Diane are also fantastic character. Damn I love this Manga :)

Big thanks to k-dom! Thanks to your Sig, I found and can enjoy this manga!
 

Guard

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 21, 2014
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Voting Diane because she's just so cute (That may just be because she's both a brunette and a giantess) she's also really cool and strong.

Ultimately, I like all the characters except for King for crushing on my Diane (jk i still like him, just don't like the pairing)
 

rampeg

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2013
Messages
296
Reaction score
85
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Diane ftw, i tink that she is the strongest sins yet.

ont hit using mother catastrophe and BAM instant win
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Well, ban is the only one with an actual backstory so far so it is hard not to like him a bit more than the others. I am still somewhat unconvinced by his ability though, it seems to be either too hax or too useless so far. Not sure which.... I guess my favorite would be king. I have really enjoyed his fights and the mystery around him keeps him interesting for the most part. Only thing I don't like about him is that we have yet to see him use his ability which is supposed to work wonders with his sacred treasure. I really want to know what keeps him from using his true strength too.
 

Nico Brown

MH Senpai
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2014
Messages
398
Reaction score
139
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ban for now. He's the only one we know the most about and the fact that he's just a total badass in almost every panel is a plus. :hip
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I've reset the poll and added Gowther to it. Please only choose one.
 
Top