Who Really is Buggy? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Who Really is Buggy?

Kikuna992

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Buggy has got history, being in the same crew as Shanks and fighting in the era of Gol D. Roger but why is it that he is so weak? Could he be more than Oda has revealed? What do you think?

mugen

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
nope he's weak.
shanks can go even while being handicapped ....but Buggy is scared at just the mention of his name...so Buggy is weak but you could say he has knowledge of the grandline and is exprienced.. I guess.. but he's no great pirate unless he has been acting weak which I doubt.

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada
He's gotten stronger since we first saw him, and so has his crew, but he's still weak. Just because you're in a tough guy's crew doesn't mean you're supa strong! I mean, look at the weaklings in Bellamy's crew, and they served under the guy with the biggest bounty we've seen so far!

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Just because a person is in a powerful CREW and had legendary adventures doesn't mean they're strong. Look at the third level Straw Hats, Nami and Ussop (I consider Chopper middle level with Robin and Franky, because of his Devil Fruit powers). Ussop is probably about the same strength as Buggy, and he keeps up with Luffy's adventures, yet he's still weak, for a Straw Hat pirate. As long as you have some sort of skill that will help the crew, even if it is just to have an extra pair of hands to help out, you're useful, if weak, and Buggy was probably protected in fights by other, more senior crew members. So was Shanks, probably, he was just a cabinboy then. It's just that after Roger died, Shanks went back into the Grand Line and got alot stronger, strong enough to be a Yonkou known throughout the world, while Buggy went to East Blue, the weakest ocean, and did get a bit stronger, but not as much as his former crew mates. Although Impel Down is right, he certainly has gotten stronger since Volume 3 when Luffy defeated him, during his journey to get back his body parts and fighting his way through the Grand Line. But he's still not at a legendary level, and probably won't be ever. He just wasn't born for greatness, Buggy.

gao_dargon

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i think that Buggy is stronger than Ussop or Nami for that matter

caco

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
he is weak but famous even whitebeard know him and consider him funny

gao_dargon

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
right now he is in Jail with moust of his crew and Albida right? they were captured in Loge Town if i remeber correclty, do u think we will see more of him?

Mugiwara_no_Jack

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Germany
We've seen him on the GL and we've already come to know that he and Albida could escape from Smoker ...

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel
he is weak but famous even whitebeard know him and consider him funny
Dunno if famous is the word. He served in Gol D. Roger's crew, and WhiteBeard and Roger's crew fought lots of times, so that's how he know Buggy, not because he's a famous pirate or alike.

Mugiwara_no_Jack

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Germany
it was because of the storm ... the marines said that

gao_dargon

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
aaaaa i think i remeber know, so u think he will be seen again?

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Probably.. We saw him searching for Gaya's Island treasure (The treasure is in the Skull's right eye? Remember?) and since then, we havent seen him. (Unless you count the special episodes with Luffy Oyabin). I think Oda just likes his char. =D

gao_dargon

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hahaha ya, oda likes allmoust every character he makes

Luckas

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Italy
[mod=Luckas]Please guys, more meaningful posts :)[/mod]

gao_dargon

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
in what way? im not saying he is not im just curioust about why do you think that

Kikuna992

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Well the fact that Buggy is surviving in the Grand Line shows us that he is resourceful and his crew can somehow survive, despite being weak. Maybe somewhere in the "Shinsekai", perhaps even Rafftel and he mayl catch up with Luffy armed with something bizzare, which can defeat Luffy. So he may put up a good fight not with sheer strength but using perhaps cowardly techniques.

gao_dargon

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
where does buggy get all his resourses? do u think he learned anything mayor on gol's ship?cuz as for the question itself of "how really is Buggy" well i cant answer that cuz i thougt of him as a reagular kinda week pirate, but he has gone thru the grand line with only his crew,so theres gotta be something about him,but what? that i can not say,cuz i dont think that the power of the bara bara no mi is enough for him to survive the grand line

Mugiwara_no_Jack

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I just think they gain experience and strenght on the GL like the mugiwaras .... and other pirates.

When you travel on the GL there's no way to not getting stronger. I guess the same happened to Buggy and his crew.

Imagine Luffy stayed in East Blue, I doubt his bounty would higher than the 30 million berry he got after beating Arlong.

I think Buggy became stronger and Moji and Kabaji and the others as well ... I am really sure his bounty also raised.