Who will be next Admiral?

Ero-Sanji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 25, 2009
Messages
3,195
Reaction score
2,554
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I don't think him being there to scort ace counts as a feat.... Perhaps he did show decent speed to sneak up on marco though. Not sure I would consider those feats though, I mean, he technically scorted a man who had sea stone cuffs up his ass and marco did just receive two clean hits from kizaru. Not saying the guy is weak though (I do expect him to be someone capable measurable strength, someone who'd make a rookie look like fodder) just that he does not have feats...
When you escort someone it's not the one you are escorting that's the danger it's the people who are after him. Out of all the people Onigumo was chosen to escort Ace, "the son" of the two greatest pirates. Once again that's huge. Onigumo the same person who escorted Ace led to the downfall of Marco and additionally jozu as well.

The next Admiral will be one of the five we saw up close during the war and out of those five Onigumo has done the most. He was also present at the Buster call were his actions strikingly resembled Akainus. Not that it matters but I think all of this are little hints for his promotion since I think Akainu will become fleet-Admiral.
 

Aikidoka

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2008
Messages
758
Reaction score
498
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sort of-kind of disappointed that the new Admiral wasn't revealed this week but I suppose something so important would've been resolved right off the bat.

I agree with Ero-Sanji, considering that the worst-case scenario would have the SHs catch up with them and WB or his allies intercepting them, Onigumo must've been trusted immensely to be given the job of handling something like that. Even so, I still think it'll be a new character entirely. Granted, Onigumo's reputation hasn't been outright stated to be formidable or not, so he'll still have a chance.

Also wanted to point out the way that
BB's crew fled upon seeing that Admiral Akainu had followed them to their island. This is BB, with WB's powers, and he fled when learning Akainu was after them. IMO BB has a chance against Akainu, but the name recognition was enough to dissuade him from picking a fight. That's what I think the biggest factor should be for the WG in picking a new Admiral -- a renowned, fearsome reputation that by itself would be enough to scare off most pirates, even the strong ones. Of course, power would also be a factor but the main one should be their reputation. In the chaotic post-War world the Marines can't afford to have too much on their plate, so having an Admiral with a feared reputation would at least take care of the minor problems, leaving them to only have to handle the few threats that aren't scared off.
 

vagabond87

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2009
Messages
1,678
Reaction score
1,212
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
I don't think him being there to scort ace counts as a feat....
He was pointed to be first or last line of defense of escorted Ace.. If somebody attacks he was just like three Admirals/Sengoku/Garp on Marineford plaza below/on platform. WB pirates could attack when Ace was escorted so they probably pointed one of the strongest to escort Rogers son.
This COUNT as feat.
 

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Someone mentioned Magellan - I think he would beast most VAs, but I'm not sure if he has Haki. He would do quite well though.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
He was pointed to be first or last line of defense of escorted Ace.. If somebody attacks he was just like three Admirals/Sengoku/Garp on Marineford plaza below/on platform. WB pirates could attack when Ace was escorted so they probably pointed one of the strongest to escort Rogers son.
This COUNT as feat.
True, but attacking the battleship was as good as suicide though. There were over 10 battleships at ID at the time, along with every ID soldier, magellan (an opponent whose techniques kill anyone just the same regardless of strength) and the fact that ID is located in the calm belt. Fact is that rescuing ace was never much of an option..... not to mention ace was there for just a while. After that short period he was outside ID he was immediately taken to the tarai current where attack was surprisingly even harder. Had WB attacked all the WG would have had to do was close the gates of justice and leave WB and his crew to starve in the current as it really is impossible to escape it. Given the importance ace had to the war, it only made perfect sense for him to be escorted by someone extremely important but that in itself is not a feat for said person.
 

Zmsp

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
1,272
Reaction score
1,354
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I don't think anyone will step up to the post, why is there a need for 3 admirals? I don't think we were told that it was an iron rule that every generation of marines follow, being an admiral requires an insane amount of strenght,and I don't think any V.A matches that criteria..
The current Admirals are experienced haki users, have mastery over their logias and have been V.As for what I suppose was a decent amount of time,granting them experience..they're the real deal, being a logia makes them invincible against around 80% of the pirates all over the world,being experienced logia users with apparently no natural flaws makes them invinvible against around 90% of the pirates, being haki users makes them a challenge against those elitist 10% of fighters with either Haki or a Logia fruit,and actually being good at it makes them virtually invincible,unless they fight against those 3 or 4 exceptions that exist,who are as strong as them, I'm talking about Marco, probably the other 3 Yonkous and Rayleight,they're the only living characters so far that I believe that stand a chance against those more than rare features of the current admirals. BB ran from Akainu,so that's the proof that even with the Darkness fruit,one can't stand a chance against an admiral without a certain Haki control.

Think about it, the 3 current admirals are rare exceptions,where the strongest features were all combined, unless one of the current V.As has a Haki control superior to any other fighter in the marines,I think we're stuck with 2 admirals for a long time, perhaps Smoker will eventually learn Haki in the New World, and then,only then,he'll also meet that almost impossible to reach criteria needed to be an admiral..
 
Last edited:

Rotten The Wizard

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2008
Messages
1,662
Reaction score
551
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Honestly. The Only person among the marines we've seen so far suitable of the title of an Admiral is.......Magellan. He is SCARY and no doubt weilds the power.

Yes apparently He was nearly killed in ID but keep in mind that SHIRYUU who would know his weaknesses was against him, not to mention BB and ALL the escaped Prisoners and guys from Level 6.
Blackbeard would be dead in the first place had Shiryuu not backstabbed Magellan.
Not to mention He had already went 3 rounds with Luffy, 2 rounds against Iva and The Bombardment of Buggy's guys' cannons.

Putting it into perspective Magellan is a MONSTER Probably equal or close to Akainu in power.

How would he end up an Admiral? Magellan has a Bone to pick with BB and Luffy + all the escaped Prisoners. I wouldnt be surprised if he ASKS to be considered for the position.

If you can get over the fact that he's stationed to Guard ID then Magellan is the ONLY suitable force we've seen in the marines Thus far


Other than that i would like someone new to be introduced. Probably someone from G5 sounds like you would have to be a REAL bad ass to be stationed in the NW. A monster From G5
 
Last edited:

Zmsp

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
1,272
Reaction score
1,354
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Magellan is most definetly not admiral material, at least until we have some more details on his fruit, we have no evidence at all that his poison can affect Logia users,and he clearly doesn't have a good control over his Haki, why do I believe so? He was never mentioned as a V.A, so we can't use the reference from last chapter,and he was easily thrown around when luffy had his wax gloves, I mean,he's got the strongest offensive fruit we've seen so far, one that may grant the opponents lots of chances of escaping,but one single hit means defeat, and he's as dangerous in direct contact fights, still, until we're proven that his venon can hurt a logia,wich I highly doubt, and since I believe Haki's out of question,he's surely not on an admiral rank.

I stand by my words and say there won't be a new admiral, nobody has the necessary elements to be even comparable to any of the admirals so far,and if there was a not introduced beast out there,why wouldn't he be called to a fight Sengoku said that could mean the end of the marines?

Magellan has the offensive,but being an admiral is so much more than that, they all have intangibility against non Haki users, Magellan doesn't,he got hitted pretty hard by luffy, in that case in particular,offensive meant death for luffy,but against a skilled ranged opponent,let's say ace,I highly doubt (unless poison's proven to hurt logias) that Magellan'd win,I mean,he's great in the offensive,far better than any current admiral if you take Haki out of the equation,but lacks both the defensive and the Haki control to be ranked an admiral.

To conclude, I'll reafirm my believes that there'll be no new admiral, at least until either Magellan or Smoker learns Haki, and if I may start a prediction while I'm here,smoker seems like the most obvious choice for a future admiral,he's a logia with apparently no natural flaws,he's now stationed in a harsh sector of the new world, probably meaning Haki in the future, and he's Luffy's natural rival in the marines,if you also take Coby out of the equation.
 

fcToho

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2010
Messages
99
Reaction score
51
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I really hope Magellan becomes an admiral. Why? Because he can. :amuse

And because it would be a waste, if he stays in Impel Down and doesn't contribute to the story anymore.
 

Bowser

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
118
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Got to admit he would probably get beasted by Akainu :S
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Come to think of it...an admiral line up consisting of Akainu, Magellan and Aokiji would be pretty dope imo. Magma, Poison and Ice. Jeeez. Kizaru (the light \o/) as Fleet Admiral. :amuse
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I doubt magellan would even be considered... he is not a marine. It'd be interesting if the marines import someone from some other military group under the WG. I always found it strange the RA did not join WB to fight the marines. Seriously, the RA wants to destroy the WG so why not join WB and get rid of the marines? Only thing that comes to mind is that the RA is dealing with someone else. We also know there is someone above sengoku, kong, who supposedly is in control of the entire military force of the WG. In that sense, perhaps the WG also has an army and whatnot. Could they perhaps bring in a higher up from there to fill in the missing spots?


I also don't think magellan is quite there at the admiral level.... his ability is definitely sick and within the confines of ID it is borderline impossible to escape but what about outside of ID? Luffy showed he had the physical capacity and speed to match magellan. Magellan wasn't necessarily overwhelmed by speed or strength, he actually matched luffy to a great extent but would the level of speed he showed be worth a damn against strong pirates outside? Imagine a strong new world swordsman for instance. A single slash would be capable of cutting through magellan's poison and get to him. I think magellan an ability which would work for an admiral but in turn lacks the sheer physical capacity to be one.
 
Last edited:

Ero-Sanji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 25, 2009
Messages
3,195
Reaction score
2,554
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
@kkck

I agree to the point that Magellan is not suitable as a marine Admiral but I think you're underestimating him a little bit. Imo he's incredibly durable, he took on several attacks from Luffy in gear second, he got shot by cannonballs coated in wax and Ivankov, while not defeating him made Magellan bleed. Still he kept on going like terminator. I'm even curios to see the other admirals endurance now. Akainu is physically strong but I can't, yet, say that about Kizaru and Aokiji.
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
I doubt magellan would even be considered... he is not a marine. It'd be interesting if the marines import someone from some other military group under the WG. I always found it strange the RA did not join WB to fight the marines. Seriously, the RA wants to destroy the WG so why not join WB and get rid of the marines? Only thing that comes to mind is that the RA is dealing with someone else. We also know there is someone above sengoku, kong, who supposedly is in control of the entire military force of the WG. In that sense, perhaps the WG also has an army and whatnot. Could they perhaps bring in a higher up from there to fill in the missing spots?

I also don't think magellan is quite there at the admiral level.... his ability is definitely sick and within the confines of ID it is borderline impossible to escape but what about outside of ID? Luffy showed he had the physical capacity and speed to match magellan. Magellan wasn't necessarily overwhelmed by speed or strength, he actually matched luffy to a great extent but would the level of speed he showed be worth a damn against strong pirates outside? Imagine a strong new world swordsman for instance. A single slash would be capable of cutting through magellan's poison and get to him. I think magellan an ability which would work for an admiral but in turn lacks the sheer physical capacity to be one.
Magellan is not an marine... whatelse to say? :tem

The WG has it's own army. The marines are not the RA enemies, the WG is. Attacking Marineford would only at maximum bring the fall of Marine Headquarters... so what? Pirates now don't have to worry about a island in the middle of the world and near the entrance of New World.
I agree to the point that Magellan is not suitable as a marine Admiral but I think you're underestimating him a little bit. Imo he's incredibly durable, he took on several attacks from Luffy in gear second, he got shot by cannonballs coated in wax and Ivankov, while not defeating him made Magellan bleed. Still he kept on going like terminator. I'm even curios to see the other admirals endurance now. Akainu is physically strong but I can't, yet, say that about Kizaru and Aokiji.
There is a panel which Kizaru use his leg to stand Whitebeard's Kizaru in the ground. So he has super-human strength too.
 

vagabond87

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2009
Messages
1,678
Reaction score
1,212
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
There is a panel which Kizaru use his leg to stand Whitebeard's Kizaru in the ground. So he has super-human strength too.
I think that you are writing about scene where Kizaru is holding Whitebeards bisento on the ground with leg. Am I right?
And if you try in home with someone holding tip of something on the ground(with foot)- some wooden long stick- you will see that you dont need lot of strenght to keep it on the ground. Closer to the end of stick you holding your foot and its harder to uplift the stick.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
@kkck

I agree to the point that Magellan is not suitable as a marine Admiral but I think you're underestimating him a little bit. Imo he's incredibly durable, he took on several attacks from Luffy in gear second, he got shot by cannonballs coated in wax and Ivankov, while not defeating him made Magellan bleed. Still he kept on going like terminator. I'm even curios to see the other admirals endurance now. Akainu is physically strong but I can't, yet, say that about Kizaru and Aokiji.
At this point, I don't think being able to resist luffy's gear 2 attacks make someone qualify as incredibly durable.... At least not in the scale of power which would be required for an admiral or to make it in the NW. For instance, we saw akainu getting quaked by WB and still the guy did not fall, he was perfectly able to continue fighting. Kizaru fought a number of WB commanders head on and given what we know all of them should be pretty capable of using haki. Aokiji was able to fight even above jozu and kizaru fought on par with raileight. Would magellan pull anything even vaguely similar in a similar situation? IMO a he would not be capable of going against the WB commanders nor taking a quake to the head and live to tell the tale.... That doesn't necessarily make magellan weak but it does show he is not up with the challenge here. The most he could get would be a double suicide but I doubt the WG is really in need of admirals who'd do that.


Magellan is not an marine... whatelse to say? :tem

The WG has it's own army. The marines are not the RA enemies, the WG is. Attacking Marineford would only at maximum bring the fall of Marine Headquarters... so what? Pirates now don't have to worry about a island in the middle of the world and near the entrance of New World.
My point about the revolutionary army helping WB was not just the destruction of marineford. Had the RA joined WB they would have had a shot at destroying the marines, a more than severe blow to the military might of the WG. Not to mention the falling of marineford would have an important symbolic value given its meaning.
 
Last edited:

Ero-Sanji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 25, 2009
Messages
3,195
Reaction score
2,554
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
At this point, I don't think being able to resist luffy's gear 2 attacks make someone qualify as incredibly durable.... At least not in the scale of power which would be required for an admiral or to make it in the NW. For instance, we saw akainu getting quaked by WB and still the guy did not fall, he was perfectly able to continue fighting. Kizaru fought a number of WB commanders head on and given what we know all of them should be pretty capable of using haki. Aokiji was able to fight even above jozu and kizaru fought on par with raileight. Would magellan pull anything even vaguely similar in a similar situation? IMO a he would not be capable of going against the WB commanders nor taking a quake to the head and live to tell the tale.... That doesn't necessarily make magellan weak but it does show he is not up with the challenge here. The most he could get would be a double suicide but I doubt the WG is really in need of admirals who'd do that.
I already pointed out that Akainu is a tough fella, the others however hasn't shown anything great, really. Aokiji wasn't better than Jozu and Kizaru fighting on par with Rayleigh is like saying that Croc fought on par with both Dofla and Mihawk.

WB commanders are not that far ahead of Croc, Jinbei and Ivankov. Magellan made the former two flee in terror while he defeated the latter. He did get a little injured but it wasn't fatal and it's mainly due to his fruit being a non-logia.

The current Admirals have a huge advantage in being Logia and also, Haki doesn't always work or it can be countered. Remember when WB (a person with King's Haki) impaled Aokiji? Well, then you should remember that it didn't work even though people near by said that WB used Haki.

So, the WB commander + Haki argument doesn't really say anything since we don't know how it works, yet.

Imo, Magellan is clearly Admiral material, no doubt. But he's more suitable to guard the prison. He proposed the idea of chasing the escapees but got rejected. He's not going anywhere.

For the next empty Admiral seat I would want someone fresh and quite unknown and a woman.
 

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
3,134
Reaction score
4,272
Gender
Male
Country
France
Magellan is clearly not Admiral level simply because he got beaten during the Impel Down incident. He was also on the verge of death so he was completely defeated after Luffy left the jail.

An Admiral is able to battle alone against several top fighters without too much problem, something Magellan was finally not able to do. Remember when Akainu faced the WB commanders and Crocodile on his own. Also all the Admirals were able to fight against Whitebeard himself. Magellan would only have ended up like John Giant if he had met Whitebeard.

Besides, Magellan very likely did lose against the Blackbeard Pirates, the same ones who were running from Akainu in the last chapter. Magellan is super strong but let him be what he is - the Chief Warden of Impel Down.
 

Wisshard

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2010
Messages
130
Reaction score
38
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
An Admiral is able to battle alone against several top fighters without too much problem, something Magellan was finally not able to do. Remember when Akainu faced the WB commanders and Crocodile on his own.
We saw Akainu exhange insults with the Whitebeard Commanders (+Crocodile) and then prepare to square of. But next we time we see them, Akainu is surrounded by marines and orders were given to half the marine force to go to his side. I think that scene has been blown out of it's proportions a little... (Though I certainly like how the scene portrays Akainu, cocky bastard aint he (similar to him showing up prepared to square of against the Blackbeard Pirates alone^))

That being said, I don't think Magellan is Admiral material just yet though he probably is stronger then the average Vice Admiral and Shichibukai ((what with him being confident that Shiliew (his equal) could handle the Blackbeard Pirates alone).
 

Ero-Sanji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 25, 2009
Messages
3,195
Reaction score
2,554
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Magellan is clearly not Admiral level simply because he got beaten during the Impel Down incident. He was also on the verge of death so he was completely defeated after Luffy left the jail.

Besides, Magellan very likely did lose against the Blackbeard Pirates, the same ones who were running from Akainu in the last chapter. Magellan is super strong but let him be what he is - the Chief Warden of Impel Down.
I think you forgot that he One hit KOed the Blackbeard pirates minutes before. If it hadn't been for Shiryuu or Shiliew(?) they all would have been dead.

The current Admirals are all Logia which Magellan isn't. If the Doku Doku no Mi had been a logia Magellan would have been a terrible enemy. Yes, I know that logia isn't everything, just look at Ace and Smoker. But the Admirals clearly has the best fruits. Kizaru gets an amazing speed and doesn't have a natural enemy, yet, one may assume that Darkness might be it. Akainu's fruit is very similar to Magellan's once you're hit you're out. The difference is that a simple hit can't hurt Akainu while a thrown rock will hurt Magellan the same way it would hurt Garp.
 
Top