Who will be next Admiral?

DEATHBOTT

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2009
Messages
1,746
Reaction score
526
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
Re: One Piece 597 Discussion / 598 Prediction Thread

Regarding Magellan, two years is a long time. If he were to learn haki to deflect physical attacks then he would be extremely overpowered seeing as a fight against him is a fight against the clock. And certainly in two years he could possibly clean that mark off his record, possibly by rounding up escapees. Food for thought, sooo much can happen in two years you gotta keep an open mind.
i dont think the escapees were introduced just to be rounded up by magellan off panel. also he is old so he should already know about haki and if he already hasnt trained in it i doubt he will now. he is perfect were he is, in an enclosed space. the only reason people escaped was because he got womped by a shit load of shuichibukai level pirates all at once.
 

MokiSenpai

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
58
Reaction score
44
Country
Hungary
I think it's gonna be Coby. Oda stated that we are now at the begining of the end run, so probably there won't be any time skips in the story anymore, so this is the ideal time to remember the oath that Coby took. He wanted to be an admiral, and Luffy supported him, so... this is basicly a confirmation, that he will be an admiral. But yeah, 2 years is a pretty short time period and there's no guarantee, that there won't be any timeskips in the future, but Coby as an admiral it's quiet a possibility. I mean he could eat a powerful devil fruit and get a hard and intensive training from Garp on his haki. Garp is a guy who knows, how to prepare somebody to become an admiral, if you know what i'm saying :D
 

hokageji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
4,976
Reaction score
3,744
Gender
Male
Country
United States
hmmm, i dont know about coby, but thats a possibility....

aokiji is gonna become the fleet admiral...

i think the strongest marine below the admiral level other than garp and important to the storyline is smoker.......

but smoker is already like garp, ignoring all promotions and shit. so it cant be him.....

coby fits in perfectly. garp is resigning and will remain on duty only as to train. 2 years under garp will make coby strong.... so luffy coby will continue the garp roger saga...
 

deffkryz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
809
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Magellan isn't part of the Marines. He's the head of the prison - and thus a WG subordinate just like Spandam. The only connection to the Marines is Kong the supreme commander of all World Government units including Ohka Shichibukai. Coby is a simple Sōchō crewman - far from being an officer anyway. It's more thinkable that Tashigi becomes Admiral since she's already Lieutenant. Smoker is three ranks below an admiral - also not possible to surpass three ranks within two years. As a VA he needs to use haki which he can't. And not that Garp would want to become an admiral anyways but he already stepped down out of active services.

The biggest chances do have either Onigumo or Momonga - or one of the other Vice Admirals within the Buster Call Fleet that bombed Enies Lobby, so Yamakaji, Doberman or Strawberry. They are the next in ranks.
 

BlackSword

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2007
Messages
362
Reaction score
193
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: One Piece 597 Discussion / 598 Prediction Thread

I've been seeing predictions of the major bases of WG. Enies Lobby/Impel Down & Marine HQ having big legions of Pacifista. I'm think that + Magellan would pretty much = No Ever Escapes Again. Magellan is good at his job he should stay there. Who the hell did Magellan lose to exactly? Last we see him he was about to beat up Bon Clay.
I firmly stand by my 'Sword Admiral' Opinion!
 

DBC

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2007
Messages
72
Reaction score
14
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: One Piece 597 Discussion / 598 Prediction Thread

I've been seeing predictions of the major bases of WG. Enies Lobby/Impel Down & Marine HQ having big legions of Pacifista. I'm think that + Magellan would pretty much = No Ever Escapes Again. Magellan is good at his job he should stay there. Who the hell did Magellan lose to exactly? Last we see him he was about to beat up Bon Clay.
I firmly stand by my 'Sword Admiral' Opinion!
I sincerely doubt the new Admiral will be a swordsman... at least that a sword would be his main/only weapon. If that were to happen, whenever I see him I'll be thinking "Meh... Mihawks the strongest swordsman so whats the big deal". The Admirals are supposed to be superpowers, It doesn't fit at all. Mihawk already fights for the marines, it would be a sad sight for an Admiral to be weaker than 1 of the Shichibukai alone.
 
Last edited:

underpants

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 21, 2010
Messages
24
Reaction score
3
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Mmm I have a weird theory: what if World Government has DF in stock to give to their best subordinates? Just as we saw with Kaku and Califa. They will for sure keep the strongest DF for the high ranked marines, so maybe, the next admiral will get a logia DF, so it could be anybody, since it will keep the logia theme of admirals.

Would that new admiral has a face inspired on a classical japanese actor?
Wow it would be nice if thats the case because i like the Admirals to be all logias..
 

chess4

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
5,215
Reaction score
1,555
Gender
Male
Country
United States
magellan is a straight beast...............i think after the 2 year skip he will be much stronger. i think its safe to say that he will become the new admiral. magellan is 2 good of a character to just fade away from the story, because if he goes back to impel down thats what will happen. the story will never focus on impel down again. i think magellans second in command will become the new chief warden, and magellan will get a promotion
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I can't really picture the admiral line up with Magellan. It'll just look wrong. :XD

Kizaru -- Akainu -- Magellan

Don't get me wrong, he definitely has one of the most powerful df abilities in OP but his character definitely suits the Impel Down theme more than anything else tbh. It would be dumb if after this timeskip it's confirmed that Magellan has "retired" as well. :darn I say we'll get a new admiral with a zoan fruit ability....who's a sword specialist as well. ;)
 

Gol D Ace

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 24, 2010
Messages
21
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Malawi
Re: One Piece 597 Discussion / 598 Prediction Thread

Forget admiral..who will be the new vice admirals....Smoker is definitly going to one...

As for the straw hats...I dont think they will get a crew mate soon..they still got to meet and show off new techniques.and stuff.....which will be long....
people i cant wait for next weeeekkk...ahhhh
 

ripmyg

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 5, 2010
Messages
33
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: One Piece 597 Discussion / 598 Prediction Thread

magellan is not that strong its becouse of that poison and venom ;| he had a hard time with luffy + the candle armor xD so admiral will have not hard time with beating him maybe that marine with the Sabi Sabi no Mi(rust rust fruit) ? zoro had a hard time with him(almoast lost)
haha i just burst in to laughter after reading this? REALLY the rust rust fruit for admiral haha
luffy could have taken him down on chapter 1 obviously he is a good machup against swordsmen but to fight any other opponent, tbh i think that Zoro could beat him with just his fists, if he pumps muscles into his arms i think this guy would have no chance, not to mention that he is currently a captain....
 

DBC

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2007
Messages
72
Reaction score
14
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Funny how like an entire page from the chapter discussion got cut+pasted here... that thread has been talked to death, 1850 posts!! If we didn't go off-topic it would die.

Aaaaannnyy way... I agreed with Smoker being a VA, because I'm of the opinion that the next Admiral will be cannon fodder to demonstrate the SH's new level. So I'd like Smoker to be in a position to step up when the next Admiral gets taken out.

Also, this isn't entirely off topic, since the way the story has turned. How do you think the Admirals will be dealt with in the future? Can they now be killed since the only in flashbacks rule is broken?
 

BlackSword

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2007
Messages
362
Reaction score
193
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Funny how like an entire page from the chapter discussion got cut+pasted here... that thread has been talked to death, 1850 posts!! If we didn't go off-topic it would die.

Aaaaannnyy way... I agreed with Smoker being a VA, because I'm of the opinion that the next Admiral will be cannon fodder to demonstrate the SH's new level. So I'd like Smoker to be in a position to step up when the next Admiral gets taken out.

Also, this isn't entirely off topic, since the way the story has turned. How do you think the Admirals will be dealt with in the future? Can they now be killed since the only in flashbacks rule is broken?
This is probably exactly right. The new admiral gets owned by the SH to show their 'power up' But I don't think he is going to be weak tbh. I just think they are going to be stronger. And Smoker is definitely going to be a VA.

I don't see the SH killing anyone really even an admiral who gets in their way. They will certain beat him within an inch of his life maybe even make him unable to fight again (Nice way to get rid of characters.) But I don't really see them killing him unless he does something stupid like hurt one of their nakama. And in which case 'shrug' he could die.
 

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
3,134
Reaction score
4,272
Gender
Male
Country
France
Forget Magellan who is not even a Marine and who was completely beaten by the Blackbeard Pirates - you know, these pirates who, stronger than in Impel Down, fled in a hurry as soon as they learnt that Admiral Akainu was coming to fight them.
 

chess4

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
5,215
Reaction score
1,555
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Forget Magellan who is not even a Marine and who was completely beaten by the Blackbeard Pirates - you know, these pirates who, stronger than in Impel Down, fled in a hurry as soon as they learnt that Admiral Akainu was coming to fight them.
dont forget that magellan took out the WB pirates with one shot. magellan was taken out by a slew of level 6 prisoners. BB ran from akainu because BB cant contol his power yet
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
dont forget that magellan took out the WB pirates with one shot. magellan was taken out by a slew of level 6 prisoners. BB ran from akainu because BB cant contol his power yet
When was this? :confused

BB was saved by Shiryuu...if it wasn't for him then it would be completely different... I guess.

BB still needs haki against a logia user like Akainu imo.


Buggy as the new adimiral?? How so? lol I don't understand the logic behind that "theory/ prediction". Seriously, I think the invite is for a Shichibukai seat. A former Roger pirate (apprentice or not...still a pirate) turned Marine? and an admiral at that? XD! That's crazy!

The more I think about it, the more I feel that the new admiral will be a totally new character from the NW...
 
Last edited:

chess4

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
5,215
Reaction score
1,555
Gender
Male
Country
United States
When was this? :confused

BB was saved by Shiryuu...if it wasn't for him then it would be completely different... I guess.

BB still needs haki against a logia user like Akainu imo.
<hr noshade size="1">
Buggy as the new adimiral?? How so? lol I don't understand the logic behind that "theory/ prediction". Seriously, I think the invite is for a Shichibukai seat. A former Roger pirate (apprentice or not...still a pirate) turned Marine? and an admiral at that? XD! That's crazy!

The more I think about it, the more I feel that the new admiral will be a totally new character from the NW...

my fault.....i meant the BB pirates with one shot:p
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
my fault.....i meant the BB pirates with one shot:p
No worries. Katz already highlighted that error but he deleted his post...:shifty

Well, if it's going to be another logia user then I can only see it being Smoker atm...but I would prefer it not to be him. It would be even more awesome if he declined such an offer in the future. :grin
 

Katz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2009
Messages
1,336
Reaction score
355
Gender
Male
Country
United States
No worries. Katz already highlighted that error but he deleted his post...:shifty

Well, if it's going to be another logia user then I can only see it being Smoker atm...but I would prefer it not to be him. It would be even more awesome if he declined such an offer in the future. :grin
Yea I thought it was too short (being a one-liner), but speaking of Smoker I'd prefer him to be vice-admiral and continue chasing luffy....I still view Smoker to Luffy as Garp was to Roger...they will fight fight and after years develop a strong respect for one another.
 

Captain golddigger

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2010
Messages
116
Reaction score
47
Gender
Male
Country
United States
wow...i think the only person in the series that don't really need haki is bb...hmm...am i wrong?
 
Top