Shounen - World Trigger | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen World Trigger

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Finally finished season 3, we need more of the anime, it was fantastic especially when Toei got the best animators they could find on to deliver really smooth and fluid animation for running, battles, and the gunfight in the final 3 episodes. I loved seeing the best battles come to life.

Also Chika's voice actor is so good.

mrsticky005

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently started watching World Trigger. I finished the Afrokrator Invasion Arc

I admit my expectations for the show were pretty low.
However when the punks tried to scam Yuma out of his money saying he broke their leg
and then Yuma actually breaks the punk's leg and tosses the money being like "keep the change"

I became a fan.

Osamu by himself would probably annoy me as a protagonist but Yuma definitely balances him out.

Then when they had the Black Trigger Capture arc and they were explaining how the different triggers work
while actually showing it in battle I was like "hell yeah".

The Afrokrator villains felt a bit generic but to be fair I don't know much about them so of course they would.

the supporting cast actually mattering is probably the best part.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also I like how Yuma's voice actress is the same as Near from Death Note as they are very similar

1. Both have white hair
2. Both are short and mistaken for being younger than they are
3. Both are hella cocky
4. Both are basically walking bullshit detectors

Difference is Yuma obviously kicks more ass and picks up on social skills a lot better than Near.
However Near is probably more intelligent.

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yup, definitely World Trigger is a "grower" 👀

It's hard to be the appeal by the designs alone, which kinda feel generic (With a very good reason for them to be so)

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yup, definitely World Trigger is a "grower" 👀

It's hard to be the appeal by the designs alone, which kinda feel generic (With a very good reason for them to be so)
I actually don't really have a problem with the characters looking generic because it allows for more focus on the fights.
The characters may seem a bit "one dimensional" but at the same time I think it works because it has to balance so many of them
in a battle. It can be difficult for me to keep track of all the names so giving them an iconic look and personality can actually really help.

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I think the generic design is very intentional. As you said, it helps to:
- Add a feeling of chaos in intense battles. Chaos and confusion are easier to convey when there are too many similar things in one panel.
- Helps to ground the characters, it goes for a functional approach.
- Helps to focus on the battle mechanics (mostly weapons) and how they are used.
- Makes a point about neighbors being "alien" in shape.

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think the generic design is very intentional. As you said, it helps to:
- Add a feeling of chaos in intense battles. Chaos and confusion are easier to convey when there are too many similar things in one panel.
- Helps to ground the characters, it goes for a functional approach.
- Helps to focus on the battle mechanics (mostly weapons) and how they are used.
- Makes a point about neighbors being "alien" in shape.

Good points and I agree.

I'm at the B Rank Wars now. I just finished the Tamakoma vs Suzanari vs Nasu battle.