- Joined
- May 2, 2010
- Messages
- 2,927
- Reaction score
- 1,962
- Age
- 34
- Gender
- Female
- Country
-
usugi drop for me is the manga which had the worst ending. its totally character driven manga, but i just couldn't digest the way the relationships turned out at the end. it seemed too unnatural to me.
I finished Usagi Drop a while ago so I know what you two are talking about.Yeah Usagi Drop's ending made me feel really uncomfortable. At the beginning of the second half of the story the mangaka seemed to be heading somewhere with Rin and Kouki, but then everything headed to a completely different direction and she seemed like she was going out of her way to make the manga end the way she wanted it to. My advice to anyone who wants to check out Usagi Drop is to only read the first half of the story (before the time-skip) or to watch the anime, which only animates the first half.
I had no idea what the mangaka was thinking (what was the editor doing!!!), and I actually felt betrayed while reading the last chapter as silly as it sounds.See, the whole story was based on the fact that a little girl lost her lone caregiver and so a 30 year old single man was faced with the task of raising her himself. He interacted with other parents and sought their help in taking care of a kid because he's never done this before. Even though Rin never saw him as a replacement of her father, they were still clearly establishing a father-daughter bond which was emphasized many times throughout the course of the story.
But no. The mangaka just had to shatter those illusions and make their relationship romantic (remember that Daikichi doesn't see Rin in this light at all) and even sexual (Rin wants Daikichi to be the father of her child). I don't care if Rin's parentage was randomly changed to make this ~*okay*~.... IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE AT ALL! a;ksjdfa;sjf;
/rant over
But no. The mangaka just had to shatter those illusions and make their relationship romantic (remember that Daikichi doesn't see Rin in this light at all) and even sexual (Rin wants Daikichi to be the father of her child). I don't care if Rin's parentage was randomly changed to make this ~*okay*~.... IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE AT ALL! a;ksjdfa;sjf;
/rant over
I'd even take the epilogue of The Deathly Hallows over this. (O_o)
Last edited:
But if there's one series that had the most unsatisfying ending, its definitely Sugar Sugar Rune.