Seinen xxxHolic by CLAMP

Who is your favorite xxxHOLIC character?

  • Kimihiro Watanuki

    Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Yūko Ichihara

    Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Shizuka Dōmeki

    Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Himawari Kunogi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mokona Modoki

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Kohane Tsuyuri

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Maru and Moro

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haruka Dōmeki (Shizuka's grandfather)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mugetsu (Kudakitsune)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zashiki-warashi

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Reed Clow

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other

    Votes: 1 2.2%

  • Total voters
    45

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: xxxHolic

Doumeki: "Is that a pipe-fox in your pants or are you just happy to see me?"
Watanuki: "..."
sorry, couldnt resist
 

DemonDays

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
40
Gender
Female
Country
England
Re: xxxHolic

Khaludh said:
Doumeki: "Is that a pipe-fox in your pants or are you just happy to see me?"
Watanuki: "..."
sorry, couldnt resist
:rofl

that made me laugh

glad to have been of service :D[br]Posted on: November 19, 2006, 12:41:52 PM_________________________________________________So i guess there was no release of xxxHolic this week.
I swear Clamp are trying to kill me.
 

Pevee

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
520
Reaction score
6
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic

aye... i've just read xxxholic over the thanksgiving holiday break (love it btw, it's now my "currently most favorite" manga)and now you guys are confusing me. but i don't mind. fufufu
well, about clow reed. and how watanuki is eriol and stuff. I can see how watanuki can be eriol from CCS, but i still don't really he's eriol. I don't have any reason to back up my belief, but there you go. That's what i think.

i changed my mind (just read 121) What the rain god/girl said (i'm horrible at names, i'm sorry) would really make sense if Watanuki IS the incarnation of Clow Reed.
And about the duo-existence of Clow Reed. I think that is very possible because of how Yuuko mentioned the parallel existence of everyone on other worlds. But the one Yuuko was talking about, the one who made mokona(sp), is the one in TRC..
 

Sozuki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Re: xxxHolic

This is indeed a great manga series. If you just read Tsubasa, it isn't enough even though you get your small dish of Yuuko every now and again. You get to see a whole different side of her if you read xxxHOLiC! She's very much entertaining. ^__^

What I love most is Watanuki and Doumeki's interactions! I do see them as a hinted at shounen ai couple like many do, but realize that it'll never be cannon 'cause CLAMP only hints. Sadly. u__u
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: xxxHolic

In Card Captor Sakura Clamp did way more than only hinting.
 

Sozuki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Re: xxxHolic

Hahaha! You got me! XD That is true! But they never really do much about it. That's just my opinion though. It's the same with Tokyo Babylon and Legal Drug. Though Legal Drug was supposed to be more of a fanservise series.


And to what Pevee said, that never even crossed my mind! Watanuki being Erol? That's mind boggling...I'll have to keep that idea in mind!
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: xxxHolic

Sozuki said:
Hahaha! You got me! XD That is true! But they never really do much about it. That's just my opinion though.
I liked Card Captor Sakura, but Tomoyo is less 10 years old, so a bit too unrealistic.
It's the same with Tokyo Babylon and Legal Drug. Though Legal Drug was supposed to be more of a fanservise series.
I only read the first 3 volume, I think it is interesting and I would like to read more.


And to what Pevee said, that never even crossed my mind! Watanuki being Erol? That's mind boggling...I'll have to keep that idea in mind!
That's I believe it's my fault, I didn't give much attention about drawnings, so when I started to read xxxHolic I was sure Watanuki was drawn the same as Eriol, but after checking better and looked for on the net I think it's improbable even if not impossible they are the same person.
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: xxxHolic

raw is out by ladydarkmoon as well ^^
 

Sozuki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Re: xxxHolic

Luckas04 said:
I liked Card Captor Sakura, but Tomoyo is less 10 years old, so a bit too unrealistic.
I know what you mean. My brother is 11 and he still refuses to admit that some of the girls in his class are cute. Even some of the guys he refuses to admit! (I'm trying to turn my brother bisexual. I'd have to say it isn't working so well. XD I can dream.)

I only read the first 3 volume, I think it is interesting and I would like to read more.
First three volumes of Tokyo Babylon or Legal Drug? Legal Drug only has three volumes so far and I'm itching for more! I love the fact that Kazahaya and Rikuou appeared in the xxxHOLiC manga! If only for a couple pages. Some people don't like either xxxHOLiC or Legal Drug because they have some things in common and I guess they don't like repetition. I love how the two have their similar parts personally. Though the similarities only stretch as far as Doumeki and Watanuki to Kazahaya and Rikuou and the 'missions'. Though, to admit, that is what xxxHOLiC is mostly about. But it's all coming up to a big ending! And soon! ^__~

I hope we don't get a Tokyo Babylon ending or something... because that will make me sad. T__T


That's I believe it's my fault, I didn't give much attention about drawings, so when I started to read xxxHolic I was sure Watanuki was drawn the same as Eriol, but after checking better and looked for on the net I think it's improbable even if not impossible they are the same person.
It's true though that they do look different. We've seen scenes with young Watanuki and he doesn't look much like Eriol in CCS. Similar, yes. But that's to be expected when they are both drawn my CLAMP (though different member?), both have black hair and wear glasses.
Though, you have to admit, it's a bazaar thought.
 

Pevee

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
520
Reaction score
6
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic

Sozuki said:
It's true though that they do look different. We've seen scenes with young Watanuki and he doesn't look much like Eriol in CCS. Similar, yes. But that's to be expected when they are both drawn my CLAMP (though different member?), both have black hair and wear glasses.
Though, you have to admit, it's a bazaar thought.
I really have to say that it's rather a big jump.
I wonder why Tomoyo hasn't appeared in xxxHolic yet. She seemed to be an important character both in TRC and CCS. Maybe they're saving her for later when she appear with Sakura and Syoran (sp) of this world, maybe. It's a hypothesis. Watanuki just mentioned about how he wish he could meet those two. Looking forward to it.
Sozuki said:
If you just read Tsubasa, it isn't enough even though you get your small dish of Yuuko every now and again. You get to see a whole different side of her if you read xxxHOLiC! She's very much entertaining. ^__^
When I start reading TRC (before finding out about xxxHolic) Yuuko was some kind of a all-powerful mysterious witch (not that she still isn't) but she's actually different than what she is depicted in TRC actually. In TRC, she's more cold-hearted,serious, and all. I was about to give up on her being one of my favorite characters, but good thing I found xxxHolic in time. lol.
Btw, I have been wondering. What's Yuuko's position in the spirit world? Like, what exactly is she in the spirit world?? Cause she's always been a part of the spirit communities and all their rituals and ceremonies. I mean, she HAS to be something more than just a person with special power right?
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: xxxHolic

Sorry for the late answer but my post was lost in the crash of my pc.
Sozuki said:
I know what you mean. My brother is 11 and he still refuses to admit that some of the girls in his class are cute. Even some of the guys he refuses to admit! (I'm trying to turn my brother bisexual. I'd have to say it isn't working so well. XD I can dream.)
That's cruel :amuse I'm sure you'll find well here in MH, soon you'll find why.
First three volumes of Tokyo Babylon or Legal Drug? Legal Drug only has three volumes so far and I'm itching for more! I love the fact that Kazahaya and Rikuou appeared in the xxxHOLiC manga! If only for a couple pages. Some people don't like either xxxHOLiC or Legal Drug because they have some things in common and I guess they don't like repetition. I love how the two have their similar parts personally. Though the similarities only stretch as far as Doumeki and Watanuki to Kazahaya and Rikuou and the 'missions'. Though, to admit, that is what xxxHOLiC is mostly about. But it's all coming up to a big ending! And soon! ^__~
I hope we don't get a Tokyo Babylon ending or something... because that will make me sad. T__T
I mean Legal Drug, I didn't know it has only 3 volumes. I have to confess you I read Tokyo Babylon, I reread the end and asked a friend to explain to me the end, but although all that I didn't understand how Tokyo babylon ended :darn I'm a desperate case :eyeroll
It's true though that they do look different. We've seen scenes with young Watanuki and he doesn't look much like Eriol in CCS. Similar, yes. But that's to be expected when they are both drawn my CLAMP (though different member?), both have black hair and wear glasses.
Though, you have to admit, it's a bazaar thought.
I think it was the glasses and the haircut that confused me and maybe tha fact I'm blind and didn't watch with attention th drawnings.

Again sorry for the late reply, but it's my pc's fault.
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: xxxHolic

Sozuki said:
I know what you mean. My brother is 11 and he still refuses to admit that some of the girls in his class are cute. Even some of the guys he refuses to admit! (I'm trying to turn my brother bisexual. I'd have to say it isn't working so well. XD I can dream.)
Meh, your yaoi addiction goes to this lenghts? Cruel person! XD ( read: go ahead, i'm sure it'll be amusing ).

And thanks for telling us, DD2 ( DynamicDragon already got the nickname DD... )!! *goes to read*[br]Posted on: December 15, 2006, 12:19:46 AM_________________________________________________My guess: if she carries the bells, she will meet the thing in the house, and she'll find out it's not frightening, so she'll find her house safe again! :nuts
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: xxxHolic

My guess the ghosts have good reason to scare her.
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: xxxHolic

Something is very wrong here, guys. For the first time in the story the dimensional witch (what's her name again?) didn't ask for payment before giving the price... she didn't even tell that girl about it! Perhaps she's trying to oppose Rei Fang Weed in some way? You know, like negativ x negativ = positive. :o
 

Pevee

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
520
Reaction score
6
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic

ibra87 said:
Something is very wrong here, guys. For the first time in the story the dimensional witch (what's her name again?) didn't ask for payment before giving the price... she didn't even tell that girl about it! Perhaps she's trying to oppose Rei Fang Weed in some way? You know, like negativ x negativ = positive. :o
Yuuko
The reason I can think of is that Yuuko isn't sure whether the bell can save the girl yet. She might want to make sure that it really works before taking the price.
btw, Yuuko's outfit is again ever so pretty!
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: xxxHolic

I think this is an easy work for Yuko and the Clamp are foreshadowing a little twist, becuase I'm sure that the girl, who is asking for help has a little, dark secret.
 

DemonDays

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
40
Gender
Female
Country
England
Re: xxxHolic

Most probably she does.
If things seemed to get worse, there must be something strange going on.
 

Pevee

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
520
Reaction score
6
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic

DemonDays said:
Most probably she does.
If things seemed to get worse, there must be something strange going on.
I'm pretty sure that things are getting worse right now.
 
Top