Seinen xxxHolic by CLAMP

Who is your favorite xxxHOLIC character?

  • Kimihiro Watanuki

    Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Yūko Ichihara

    Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Shizuka Dōmeki

    Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Himawari Kunogi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mokona Modoki

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Kohane Tsuyuri

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Maru and Moro

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haruka Dōmeki (Shizuka's grandfather)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mugetsu (Kudakitsune)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zashiki-warashi

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Reed Clow

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other

    Votes: 1 2.2%

  • Total voters
    45

feisu-chan

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
250
Reaction score
110
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Your favorite xxxHOLIC character

i like Yuuko for being the light of the show, because she's funny, witty and she knows the dictionary all too well...

i like Watanuki for his abrupt funny reactions and how his face explodes in every word Doumeki blurts out... also, he makes me want to try all the Japanese cuisine he has been cooking...

i like Doumeki for his cool composure yet tends to be very concerned about the people important to him... I like the way he's being so sarcastic to Watanuki... and of course how he sacrificed himself for Wata...

i like Himawari for her sweetness and for making Watanuki smile and go *hanyaaan* like a girl...

i like Mokona! and Maru and Moro! and Kohane-chan and the kudakitsune...

i like them all... i miss reading xxxholic... i wish chapter 187 comes out tomorrow, can't wait for next week...
 

ShirubiaLamperouge

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
387
Reaction score
50
Gender
Female
Country
New Zealand
Re: xxxHOLIC spoilers thread

You really see how tall Watanuki is next to Kohane... She looks very sweet. Clamp are brilliant at drawing people at different ages, you can see how they've changed, ever so slightly.
And I swear Wata's expressions like perfectly reflect some of Yuuko's. I don't like that he's waiting for her, but I can deal with it. But the fact that he's like, turning himself into her just seems really wrong.
 

Snowolf

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
200
Reaction score
30
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHOLIC spoilers thread

We finally get to see Kohane-chan! (FINALLY!) Now it's just Himawari-chan....I wonder how she'll look (longer hair?)

As for the customer- maybe we'll see him/her in the next chapter, and how Watanuki treats/handles him/her. I'm just glad we did see some old Watanuki expressions again. He hasn't changed then.

Since this takes place after the events of TRC, maybe Watanuki retrieved his memories? And I don't think Syaoran and the cast will make an appearance until sometime later- unless they have a request/wish to make.

Did anyone think Watanuki's realization in TRC was a bit too random and quick btw? Cause I did....
 

xxxfeather

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2009
Messages
75
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Peru
Re: xxxHOLIC spoilers thread

Yeah. It's not known how he appeared in that void.
 

ZaCloud

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
176
Reaction score
75
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHOLIC spoilers thread

Yaaaaaaay! So by Kohane-chan's words, that means she's visited before. Good, good, good. I was so worried that she hadn't gotten to see Watanuki anymore, and he's so important to her recovery from her wretched mother. I'm glad they've kept in touch. :nod

I wonder about the customer.... I have theories.... Someone from TRC? Mwahahahaaaa!

I'm actually wondering if this xxxHolic: Cage thing isn't a whole new series, but might instead be an extra arc type deal. Kind of a bonus mini-series, or a multi-part finale. Just keeping that in mind as a possibility in case it ends up actually being short.
 

Snowolf

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
200
Reaction score
30
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHOLIC spoilers thread

I wonder how Watanuki got "hurt" from the last customers...maybe it was a price?

I don't know about the subtitle thing- if the next customer is important, then it might just be an arc. But that doesn't sound like the type of thing CLAMP would do...i think It's a new insight into the xxxHolic universe, like a fresh new page. We'll see where thsi goes.

BUT NOW WE HAVE TO WAIT TWO MORE WEEKS! UGH..
 

watanuki01/04

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHOLIC spoilers thread

Doesn't anyone else think that this 'initially' thing might be connected with the ending of TRC? Could be why XXXHolic has skipped forwards because TRC will cover instead.
 

kurofaikitty

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2009
Messages
76
Reaction score
16
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: A DouWata Disscussion

hahahaha, feather, i drew what i thought happend too! :D then i ahd a crazy dream about it too . . . where Dou-chan used the egg on himself to gain imortality. *thumbs up*
 

xxxfeather

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2009
Messages
75
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Peru
Re: xxxHOLIC spoilers thread

Did Watanuki get hurt? How? I want to know!!!:scry

I hate wating so long for new chapters.
 

xxxfeather

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2009
Messages
75
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Peru
Re: A DouWata Disscussion

I tried to copy a scene, but I couldn't (I had to do homework). I've been thinking about that since last weekend. I don't have time to draw on school days :scry. But I'll try this Saturday.

I wonder what Kohane is going to do, since she last appeared...
 

howi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 25, 2007
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 186 Discussion/187 Prediction Thread

I sort of know what you mean. It felt different, very different, but given that it is a four-year time elapse and that there is a new subtitle added (which usually indicates a significant shift in the story), I think it is just going to take some time to get used to it. Doumeki and Watanuki are no longer the high school kids that we knew them as before; they have matured over these four years in ways that will be explained in subsequent chapters.

Given the choice of having the series end or seeing the series be taken in a new direction, I definitely choose the latter. :tem
Tsukisama,

And I think there's a reason for the "cage" added to the series title ;)
 

<.Haruka.>

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
629
Reaction score
385
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Re: xxxHolic 186 Discussion/187 Prediction Thread

Wata seems to be replacing yuuko in the shop and together with his friends doumeki, black mokona, maru/moro, etc., he might run the business good enough. Although waiting for yuuko-san (if they'll meet again) is what I really looking forward to.
 

feisu-chan

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
250
Reaction score
110
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: xxxHolic 186 Discussion/187 Prediction Thread

Although waiting for yuuko-san (if they'll meet again) is what I really looking forward to.
:wtf... i'd like to see Wata grant wishes...
 

Satt

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 15, 2009
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 186 Discussion/187 Prediction Thread

I really really want to see Watanuki grant wishes. :3
but if it's really hurting him...I'll be sad. ): but I'm still really interested to see who this new customer will be. :tem (I use really a lot.)

also I think I read somewhere (mangafox forums maybe?) that CLAMP said in order to understand the ending of Tsubasa you would have to read Holic. (?) might not be true I just figured I'd point that out.
 

kurofaikitty

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2009
Messages
76
Reaction score
16
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: A DouWata Disscussion

agreed. i actually made up a scene tho. with Dou-chan using the egg and being kick-butt awsum. :D
 

kurofaikitty

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2009
Messages
76
Reaction score
16
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
United States
xXxHolic Chapter 187 Disscussion/ 188 Prediction Thread

it's on Onemanga now peoples! yaaaaayy Kohone! but we still don't know where Himiwari is . . . -_- whatever . . .
anywho . . . Doumeki like, practically lives there, doesn't he. :D taking a shower there and everything. i'm sure Watanuki is pleased. (not. *thumbs up*)
but he gets hurt? wahhhh? like, does the power needed to grant the wishes hurt him somehow? or do the cutomers themselves hurt him. Dou-chan should jsut stick around and make sure that doesn't happen! - 3-
i;m starting to think that he already used the egg tho . . . idk why. and if Blk Mokona has no earing, then shouldn't Wht Mokona be back by now? or is she staying with the TRC gang for good? does that mean that they're all together wherever they are?! *shiny eyes*
 

NymphStealer

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2008
Messages
94
Reaction score
164
Gender
Female
Country
Guam
Re: xXxHolic Chapter 187 Disscussion/ 188 Prediction Thread

KuroKishakai just released 187...
Binktopia and FH are out as well...
 

feisu-chan

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
250
Reaction score
110
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: xXxHolic Chapter 187 Disscussion/ 188 Prediction Thread

^^^ ahaha... doumeki taking a shower at the shop!! my face pasted a big smile while reading that page...

i wonder what happened with previous customers... why is kohane so worried? was it a life/death situation? *sounding like a soap opera advertisement* anyway, i'm excited about new customers... can't wait!

and, Kohane is pretty! she looked so mature!
 

Satt

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 15, 2009
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xXxHolic Chapter 187 Disscussion/ 188 Prediction Thread

yeah seeing Doumeki at the shop like that (taking a shower there!) had me smiling like the silly fangirl I am. C:

I'm really curious, as I'm sure we all are, as to just how poor Watanuki has been hurt previously. What kind of customers has he had, and how many? Was it just the certain wish itself that hurt him or was it the strain of actually granting wishes that hurts him? the latter is what I'm leaning towards. I mean he doesn't have the same powers as Yuuko, right? So granting wishes must work differently somehow. (?)

As for this customer. I read the theory on it being CCS!Syaoran and I just don't see where this idea came from. I don't really know if I can see it being him. (although, Clamp, please feel free to prove me wrong! I'd love to see that kid!) However I think it would also be cool to see like the vampire twins or something. I mean they had this cool little sub plot in Tsubasa and now they're just gone. I'd like to see Watanuki deal with them.

okay I'm done rambling.
 
Top