Seinen xxxHolic by CLAMP

Who is your favorite xxxHOLIC character?

  • Kimihiro Watanuki

    Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Yūko Ichihara

    Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Shizuka Dōmeki

    Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Himawari Kunogi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mokona Modoki

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Kohane Tsuyuri

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Maru and Moro

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haruka Dōmeki (Shizuka's grandfather)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mugetsu (Kudakitsune)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zashiki-warashi

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Reed Clow

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other

    Votes: 1 2.2%

  • Total voters
    45

ZaCloud

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
176
Reaction score
75
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 203 Discussion/204 Predictions Thread

Yes, that fox boy is soooo adorable! (And I guess we didn't have to wait till June after all, phew! :sweat )

.....................In before Dou x Wata fangirls say "Will you wear my ring?" :eyeroll lol
 

ShirubiaLamperouge

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
387
Reaction score
50
Gender
Female
Country
New Zealand
Doumeki Smiling?

This is essentially because I'm too lazy to trawl through the entirety of holic looking (and I have too much homework), but does anyone remember Doumeki ever smiling? It's bugging me...

I feel like he has, but then I think that's just because Haruka always smiles and they're practically identical.
 

Vande

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2008
Messages
89
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic 203 Discussion/204 Predictions Thread

204 is due out before the magazine change over. 203 is last weeks chapter.

Anyhow, seeing the little fox back was awesome, seems he's grown up a bit as well :)

Plus...DOUMEKI RING! *yaoi fangirl mode* XD
 

xxxfeather

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2009
Messages
75
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Peru
Re: xxxHolic 203 Discussion/204 Predictions Thread

Yes, that fox boy is soooo adorable! (And I guess we didn't have to wait till June after all, phew! :sweat )

.....................In before Dou x Wata fangirls say "Will you wear my ring?" :eyeroll lol
But we'll have to wait 2 1/2 months for chapter 205.

That ring thing would be so funny.
 

Vande

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2008
Messages
89
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

Next chapter:
Chapter 205 - Bessatsu Shonen Magazine # 07 - 9th June
 

<.Haruka.>

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
629
Reaction score
385
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Re: xxxHOLIC spoilers thread

A holic chapter with 20 pages! *is mind boggled*
the length of the pages is a sign of being shonen (just kidding :p)
..but its nice because it feels somehow at the end of the chapter (like the recent one) is not cliffhanger :)
although the release would be a bit longer, i guess
 

<.Haruka.>

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
629
Reaction score
385
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Re: xxxHolic 204 Discussion/205 Predictions Thread

Hopefully the next chapter would be worth the wait but the recent chapter really is nice, explaining what the ring (thimble) for that Watanuki gave as birthday present to Doumeki-san which will help him enhance his power more..
The box caught my attention especially those symbols on it...
 

Nataku27

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 14, 2007
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: xxxHolic 204 Discussion/205 Predictions Thread

Yes, I'm not one hundred percent sure, but was it not Clow's seal in the box ?
 

watanuki01/04

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic 204 Discussion/205 Predictions Thread

It was Clow's seal and Yuuko's seal. I would bet that those glasses are going to play a big role in the future!!!!

Such a long wait till the next chapter! Cant Wait!
 

ndulzky

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2009
Messages
59
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: xxxHolic 204 Discussion/205 Predictions Thread

Are those the glasses Clow used to wear???
 

ZaCloud

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
176
Reaction score
75
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 204 Discussion/205 Predictions Thread

Are those the glasses Clow used to wear???
That's exactly what I thought when I saw them and their round lenses. I'm intrigued. It's already been pointed out openly how Watanuki resembles Clow, and the two share strong devotion to Yuuko-san... so I'm sure there's a connection. After all, there are no coincidences, only hitsuzen. ;)
 

xxxfeather

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2009
Messages
75
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Peru
Re: xxxHolic 204 Discussion/205 Predictions Thread

That's exactly what I thought when I saw them and their round lenses. I'm intrigued. It's already been pointed out openly how Watanuki resembles Clow, and the two share strong devotion to Yuuko-san... so I'm sure there's a connection. After all, there are no coincidences, only hitsuzen. ;)
I thought the same. Since he said the glasses "protected him", and Yuuko's seal could only be seen when he wore them...

:worrybunny I think it was already discussed in another thread, but...

Does anyone else think that Watanuki will become Clow or a reincarnation of him? I think the same happened to Kobato in ep 24 (I watched the Japanese raw because there weren't subtitles at the time, and that's what I understood. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.)
 

ndulzky

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2009
Messages
59
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: xxxHolic 204 Discussion/205 Predictions Thread

I thought the same. Since he said the glasses "protected him", and Yuuko's seal could only be seen when he wore them...

:worrybunny I think it was already discussed in another thread, but...

Does anyone else think that Watanuki will become Clow or a reincarnation of him? I think the same happened to Kobato in ep 24 (I watched the Japanese raw because there weren't subtitles at the time, and that's what I understood. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.)
When the topic was first brought up, I didn't think he could ever become Clow.. but as the story goes, especially with the time paradox in TRC, I'm beginning to think otherwise... He does look like Clow, now he has a pair of glasses that is very similar to Clow's... and from CCS, we know that Syaoran is Clow's descendant... again with the time loop or paradox, who knows who's the ancestor and who's the descendant? Or who's "the other" who... At this point I think anything can happen... :D
 

Mizukodomo14

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 27, 2010
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 204 Discussion/205 Predictions Thread

So basically, I hope CLAMP won't be typical CLAMP, and do something really ridiculous, like having Doumeki leave Watanuki, because for some reason (not just my inner fan girl) I find that the answer is obvious. but maybe I'm reading into their relationship all wrong? I feel as though the next few chapters will strengthen their relationship, as well as give Doumeki the courage to stay. with. Watanuki. or break away (personally, if he leaves Wata., I will flip some srs sh*t, not gonna lie)
 

Snowolf

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
200
Reaction score
30
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 204 Discussion/205 Predictions Thread

W, that was a great chapter! I was intrigued by the ring and was happy about the glasses but a couple things made me confused:

1.) When Watanuki tells Doumeki "If you are in danger, you will shoot..with no hesitation" and Doumeki asks "Even if its you?" and Watanuki replies, "Most especially if it's me" what is he referring to? As Watanuki as the target or the one who needs to be safe from danger?

2.) A long tine back, I think in chapter 131, the group celebrates Watanuki's birthday and Yuuko tells him that the only transaction that doesnt need a price is the transaction of feelings, yet Watanuki gives Doumeki a ring with no price. Eh?

3.) Glasses - I have no doubt that those are Clow's,but I hope Watanuki doesn't become Clow like what they did in TRC. I can see a reincarnation,but I'd prefer Watanuki being Watanuki and no one else. After all, isn't that one of the story's main themes: to be yourself?

Just some thoughts, I wish xxxHolic would remain a biweekly/weekly manga. For me, the story works best that way. I cant imagine it being monthly, and i have no idea why it transferred (especially info a shounen magazine of all things) but I hope we get long chapters though! :)
 

kurofaikitty

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2009
Messages
76
Reaction score
16
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 204 Discussion/205 Predictions Thread

hmmm . . . well, had to come back and discuss here because the chapter was just too good to pass up all the symbolism on. Anywho . . .

1.) Those are most DEFFINETLY Clow’s glasses. No doubt about it. Not sure what part that has to play in the future except that one again, glass imagery? Lol

2.) Anyone who denies the DouWata after this chapter might be shot now. Did anyone else notice that the finger Doumeki first tried to put the ring (calling it that still because he wears it as one) was in fact his MARRIAGE RING FINGER? Yes. CLAMP wouldn’t do that for no reason.

3.) Also, someone said before that the decision will be whether or not he stays with Watanuki. Wrong. He’s already staying. Anyone notice how Wata said he had his own room in the shop? The problem is, however, will he always be there. And the answer is no. With Watanuki’s new immortality and all, Doumeki will eventually die. And I get the horrible feeling it might be sooner rather than later. I believe the egg is for REbirth. If nothing can be born from it, then what about something being reborn? A Wish-like ending, per say. Also, as I recall ( I don’t actually read the thing or watch it, but I kno enough) in one of the newest Kobato chapters, isn’t it revealed that the angel-whatnot Iroyorgi loved carried a similar egg? And in the anime, Kobato is the rebirth of a human who died, presumably born from that egg. Can we not assume the same from Doumeki’s yet to be used egg?
 

Mizukodomo14

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 27, 2010
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Doumeki Smiling?

Now that you mention it, I don't believe he has EVER smiled. I think that's probably to show how just, ridiculously different he and Watanuki are, but that's a little un natural... I have to agree, I don't think we've ever seen him actually smile
 
Top