Seinen xxxHolic by CLAMP

Who is your favorite xxxHOLIC character?

  • Kimihiro Watanuki

    Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Yūko Ichihara

    Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Shizuka Dōmeki

    Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Himawari Kunogi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mokona Modoki

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Kohane Tsuyuri

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Maru and Moro

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haruka Dōmeki (Shizuka's grandfather)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mugetsu (Kudakitsune)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zashiki-warashi

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Reed Clow

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other

    Votes: 1 2.2%

  • Total voters
    45

howi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 25, 2007
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 164 Discussion/165 Prediction Thread

Folks,

One thing catches my attention:

When Watanuki asked Himawari to go to the cake place, she seems a bit hesitant for a moment.

I do not know if it has something to do with Doumeki or Tanpopo can no longer "suppress" the bad luck she brings to others. Or perhaps, she sense something wrong with Watanuki - i.e. how come he is not making the cake himself?
 

FullMetalBoy

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
52
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: xxxHolic 164 Discussion/165 Prediction Thread

I guess he just doesn't want to always eat what he makes. He wants to eat food others make. Makes pretty much sense to me.
 

ImotoChan

Proofreader
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2007
Messages
266
Reaction score
19
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Re: xxxHolic 164 Discussion/165 Prediction Thread

Ah well, when I read that, I had assumed that Himawari was still feeling distant, as she has been all this while. Must be feel pretty different to not have to worry about her bad luck. And after all the things that had happened to Watanuki because of her, you'd think Watanuki wouldn't want to have anything to do with her either. So to me, it was a normal reaction. (Though, as always, I'm working with my memory, and I actually may have missed something about it.)

Of course, what caught my eye was the fact that Doumeki apparently doesn't agree with that lady's food (I never know their names, don't think they've ever been revealed, it's always 'that lady' for every suspicious customer/character xD), I wonder if she has something haunting her.. Oh, but Watanuki would've seen it already. The fact that Watanuki is feeling very little disturbance must mean that it's something he's not familiar with. A new type of spirit? Perhaps, something to do with memory?

Just dishing out my thoughts, some may not make sense, I apologise for that. xD
 

howi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 25, 2007
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 164 Discussion/165 Prediction Thread

FullMetalBoy: Well, Watanuki cannot "remember" what the taste like of his own food. So if he eats the food made by others and perhaps he can then really taste it, then it makes sense.

ImotoChan: Good thought about Himawari... I do not want to spoil your fun but I have read the Ch 165 already! :D I can tell you she is on the cover. Then about how Doumeki disapproves of the food made by that lady, seems like different people may have different opinion.
 

ImotoChan

Proofreader
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2007
Messages
266
Reaction score
19
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Re: xxxHolic 164 Discussion/165 Prediction Thread

ImotoChan: Good thought about Himawari... I do not want to spoil your fun but I have read the Ch 165 already! :D I can tell you she is on the cover. Then about how Doumeki disapproves of the food made by that lady, seems like different people may have different opinion.
Out already? Are you serious? Where?
 

howi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 25, 2007
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 164 Discussion/165 Prediction Thread

ImotoChan,

If you can read simplified Chinese...
 
Last edited:

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: xxxHolic 164 Discussion/165 Prediction Thread

Please, if you've read the Chinese Edited Manga, discuss the chapter in the spoilers thread, until the Japanese RAW or English Edited Manga is out.

(RAW should be out latest by Thursday AFAIK).
 

howi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 25, 2007
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 164 Discussion/165 Prediction Thread

ibra87,

Well, then I remove it completely AND I'll NOT post it in spoilers thread because it neither a spoiler, nor an invalid Edited Manga.
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: xxxHolic 164 Discussion/165 Prediction Thread

I hope I didn't offend you howi. As you see I didn't remove your post because it wasn't a spoiler, I was just reminding people if they read the chinese Edited Manga, not to discuss it here :amuse
 

howi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 25, 2007
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 164 Discussion/165 Prediction Thread

ibra87,

None taken :) I just deal with the issue and I will use PM instead.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
xxxHolic 165 Discussion/166 Prediction Thread

Chapter can be found here
Discuss and predict it here
 
Last edited:

Mirri

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 20, 2007
Messages
8
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 165 Discussion/166 Prediction Thread

It's been suspected for a long time, but it's finally confirmed. Watanuki's father is
Clow Reed!
 

notoriousnougat

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 22, 2008
Messages
98
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: xxxHolic 165 Discussion/166 Prediction Thread

Huh I thought Clow was the distant relative....
 

alekzu

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2007
Messages
83
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Sweden
Re: xxxHolic 165 Discussion/166 Prediction Thread

Clow is not only Watanukis father, he's also a cook? Tell me something that man wasn't able to do. But this distant relative of his.... Syaoran? Glad Clamp is giving us ome revelations at last in holic.
 

katnight

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 165 Discussion/166 Prediction Thread

We learned three things 1. Yūko knows Watanuki's father, 2. Watanuki is a distant realitive to Clow Reed and 3. if Watanuki is a realitive of Clow Reed his is a realitive of Syaoran.
 

endless_dream

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2008
Messages
429
Reaction score
15
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: xxxHolic 165 Discussion/166 Prediction Thread

Actually it has already been mentioned that Syaoran and Watanuki are closely related to each other in one of the chapters in TRC...but I wonder why didn't Yuuko tell Watanuki about the fact that she known his father? and I have this feeling that maybe Watanuki's father is someone from TRC...
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 165 Discussion/166 Prediction Thread

Actually it has already been mentioned that Syaoran and Watanuki are closely related to each other in one of the chapters in TRC...but I wonder why didn't Yuuko tell Watanuki about the fact that she known his father? and I have this feeling that maybe Watanuki's father is someone from TRC...
Do you have someone in particular in mind like...
Fei Wong Reed?

It is nice that it is confirmed, though, about his descent from Clow and Yuuko knowing his father. It seems interesting how the principal characters of xxxHolic, TRC, and CCS all have a relation to Clow. :amuse I am also interested to see what Watanuki's connection to his cooking student is. It was so cute seeing Watanuki distraught over Doumeki not finishing his food made by his student. :tem
 

alekzu

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2007
Messages
83
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Sweden
Re: xxxHolic 165 Discussion/166 Prediction Thread

After reading TRC this week the pieces are actually falling together rather nicely. Seems as if Syaoran is a great cook as well (taught to him by his father). So it would indeed seem as if Syaoran was the other relative Yuuko was talking about.
 

howi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 25, 2007
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 165 Discussion/166 Prediction Thread

Folks,

So what if:

* Watanuki's father's "spirit" is inside his body? And, to protect from the dangers / issues in the "future", he has to surrender the memory, the taste of the food he makes in return of safety for himself, Syaoran and others?
 

endless_dream

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2008
Messages
429
Reaction score
15
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: xxxHolic 165 Discussion/166 Prediction Thread

@ Tsukisama: I wasn't exactly thinking that it's FWR butI have a strange feeling that Watanuki's father is
R!Syaoran...

I don't actually have a theory for this but after reading the latest chapter of TRC, it kind of made me think that it's possible....

http://www.onemanga.com/Tsubasa_Reservoir_Chronicles/199/08/
http://www.onemanga.com/xxxHolic/165/09/

It's kind of creepy when the girl said she couldn't eat the food that she had made...it's exactly like Watanuki...but I wonder why Doumeki doesn't enjoy the food that Watanuki's student made...
 
Last edited:
Top