Seinen xxxHolic by CLAMP

Who is your favorite xxxHOLIC character?

  • Kimihiro Watanuki

    Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Yūko Ichihara

    Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Shizuka Dōmeki

    Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Himawari Kunogi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mokona Modoki

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Kohane Tsuyuri

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Maru and Moro

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haruka Dōmeki (Shizuka's grandfather)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mugetsu (Kudakitsune)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zashiki-warashi

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Reed Clow

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other

    Votes: 1 2.2%

  • Total voters
    45

NymphStealer

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2008
Messages
94
Reaction score
164
Gender
Female
Country
Guam
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

from clamp-net.com

11/01 - Young Magazine #49 - Chapter 169 - On Sale
11/10 - Young Magazine #50 - No XXXHOLiC scheduled
11/17 - Young Magazine #51 - No XXXHOLiC scheduled
11/22 - Young Magazine #52 - Chapter 170
 
Last edited:

[Ju-Ni]Vicissitude

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2007
Messages
128
Reaction score
119
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

Aw, I thought it was off this week. No Fallout for me. :(

Next week, though.
 

KaNx

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2007
Messages
1,033
Reaction score
8,050
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Mauritius
xxxHolic 169 Discussion/170 Prediction Thread

The new chapter is out, you can grab it here.

When you're done, discuss it here and predict what the next one's going to be all about :)
 

oralyon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
213
Reaction score
39
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 169 Discussion/170 Prediction Thread

Weird idea are strating to appear in my mind. I have no prove of what I will say and I don't believe that's necessarly true let's see
We know that Clow and Yuko have been friends for a long time. So could we assume that they are about the same age ? (Yeah I know there's absolutely no evidence of that, but let's just say it could be). Now we know that Clow is dead saying that his lifetime was over.

I wonder if Yuko lifetime is suppose to end. Maybe she suppose to dissapear just like her shop. What Yuko's wish would have something to do with clow. Clow did said he had somebody he really wanted to see again but couldn't. What if this person was Yuko.

Well these are just random thought, I don't think it'll really happen like that.
 

NymphStealer

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2008
Messages
94
Reaction score
164
Gender
Female
Country
Guam
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

seems like a change in the schedule... but not really surprised...
from clamp-net.com

11/17 - Young Magazine #51 - No XXXHOLiC scheduled - on sale
11/22 - Young Magazine #52 - Chapter 170
12/01 - Young Magazine #01 - No XXXHOLiC scheduled
12/08 - Young Magazine #02 - No XXXHOLiC scheduled
 

Julia-the-Great

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2006
Messages
112
Reaction score
2
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 169 Discussion/170 Prediction Thread

I don't know, I think you have some good theories. I've always just kind of assumed Yuuko was a lot older than she looked (or acted). Kind of like how Fai is a lot older than he looks because of his magic, and she has more magic than he ever did even at his strongest.

I don't know if Yuuko would disappear along with her shop, but it would be really hard to think of her without it. Can you imagine Yuuko living in an apartment complex? No, didn't think so.

So, I don't know if any of that will come into play or not, but I think you have some valid theories.
 

[Ju-Ni]Vicissitude

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2007
Messages
128
Reaction score
119
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

So, next week, then I get 2 weeks off? Sweet.
 

watanuki01/04

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic 169 Discussion/170 Prediction Thread

I agree, yuuko always mentions how watanuki looks after maru, moro and mokona really well. I think she's also trying to set the shop etc up for passing over to watanuki. Just like how clow set up for his card, kero and yue to pass to ccs sakura.
 

oralyon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
213
Reaction score
39
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 169 Discussion/170 Prediction Thread

I don't agree. The shop seems meant to dissapear. It is said that it was created for the sake of those event precisely.

But it would be an option that Yuko would want to pass most of her knowledge to Watanuki.
 

solitary_Cross

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
606
Reaction score
84
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: xxxHolic 169 Discussion/170 Prediction Thread

hmm, i think that the shop won't disappear I mean Yuuko is the dimensional witch and all. What's making the shop disappear is Fei Wong Reed and once Shaoran and the gang defeat him, it will be alright.
 

watanuki01/04

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic 169 Discussion/170 Prediction Thread

raw and translation out for chapter 170. MAJOR SPOILERS!! But very exciting!! Everyone must check it out!
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
xxxHolic 170 Discussion/171 Prediction Thread

The new chapter is out, you can grab it here.

When you're done, discuss it here and predict what the next one's going to be all about :)
 

watanuki01/04

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic 170 Discussion/171 Prediction Thread

I knew that clamp couldn't kill off ccssakura and ccsshaoran!! It would seem that the end is not too far away either. I also believe that this weird cooking lady is important in some way. Whether she will physically help or whether she is just helping watanuki to realise something important i can't decide on. Exciting times though!! The 2 week wait is going to be really painful!!
 

finalnight

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2007
Messages
70
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 170 Discussion/171 Prediction Thread

Wtf was that the spirit of domeki's grandfather?

The end-staging continues!
 

watanuki01/04

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic 170 Discussion/171 Prediction Thread

I noticed something else. On the title page, watanuki is sat on that pedestal thing. Yuuko and Fei Wong Reed's sign (the moon and the bat) are put together. Does this mean that there is a deeper connection between yuuko and FWR. Maybe they have a past relationship. I always thought that they must have.
 

Vanessa Li

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 1, 2008
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
Re: xxxHolic 170 Discussion/171 Prediction Thread

The last line "cho no yume" (butterfly's dream) is what intrigued me the most. Yûko's signature is a butterfly, could it be that it is her dream that will come true? :blink And if it is, by any chance, could it be that her real name is Cho or something related to that? :p After all, she appeared in the world of dreams and spoke to Haruka, the end is approaching, could it be that her end as the shop owner has come to an end? :oh May be is to much fo just this chapter, but CLAMP really puts nothing and everything in just one image. :eyeroll
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 170 Discussion/171 Prediction Thread

I am also glad that the mystery surrounding the status of CCS!Sakura and CCS!Syaoran has been ended. I look forward to a touching family reunion at the end of xxxHolic & TRC with Watanuki, R!Syaoran, and their parents all together. :tem

The last line "cho no yume" (butterfly's dream) is what intrigued me the most. Yûko's signature is a butterfly, could it be that it is her dream that will come true? :blink And if it is, by any chance, could it be that her real name is Cho or something related to that? :p After all, she appeared in the world of dreams and spoke to Haruka, the end is approaching, could it be that her end as the shop owner has come to an end? :oh May be is to much fo just this chapter, but CLAMP really puts nothing and everything in just one image. :eyeroll
The butterfly dream thing does seem to portend something. Although the Manga Editor whose Edited Manga I read did not know whether it was simply a cultural reference, I would hope it means something more like the butterfly being a metaphor for Yuuko as you suggested.

As for Yuuko's true name, I would hope that it is not something as predictable as something related to butterflies. I prefer the butterflies to simply be symbolic of Yuuko than relate to her true name.

I agree with you that the end is indeed nigh. I also believe that something will happen to the shop in the coming events and that Yuuko will have to make a move, as it would be an epic turn of events befitting of the end of the story.
 

endless_dream

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2008
Messages
429
Reaction score
15
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: xxxHolic 170 Discussion/171 Prediction Thread

Since Yuuko said that the next time Watanuki meets the old fortune teller, everything would be over...maybe during that next visit, she will reveal to Watanuki and maybe Syaoran of the whereabouts of their parents and there'll be a happy reunion. ^-^
 

Tsubasaholic

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
385
Reaction score
92
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 170 Discussion/171 Prediction Thread

Does anyone have any thoughts on the relationship between Clow Reed, FWR, and Watanuki? There's all sorts of strange stuff linking them. Watanuki and FWR (and C!Syaoran if it comes to that) both have something peculiar about their right eyes, the person FWR is trying to bring back (if the appearance of Xing Huo and all the other "failed creations" is any indication) looks something like Himawari, Watanuki looks like Clow Reed, and Watanuki and Clow Reed both bring the same flavour to their cooking.

I'm NOT implying Watanuki is either FWR or Clow that just doesn't feel right. But there's definitely a relationship there. . . Knowing Clamp it'll be something very unexpected and yet totally appropriate.


"The last line "cho no yume" (butterfly's dream) is what intrigued me the most. Yûko's signature is a butterfly, could it be that it is her dream that will come true?"

I think you're right. The butterfly is so blatantly a metaphor for Yuuko! Just think of the butterfly kimono that she's wearing whenever Watanuki meets her in his dreams. The butterfly turns up all over the place once you start looking. I was reading some Tsubasa just now and noticed that Chapter 52's title page has C!Syaoran with a butterfly perched on his nose. Coincidence? I think not!


"The last line "cho no yume" (butterfly's dream) is what intrigued me the most. Yûko's signature is a butterfly, could it be that it is her dream that will come true?"

I think you're right. The butterfly is so blatantly a metaphor for Yuuko! Just think of the butterfly kimono that she's wearing whenever Watanuki meets her in his dreams. The butterfly turns up all over the place once you start looking. I was reading some Tsubasa just now and noticed that Chapter 52's title page has C!Syaoran with a butterfly perched on his nose. Coincidence? I think not!
 
Last edited:

KaNx

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2007
Messages
1,033
Reaction score
8,050
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Mauritius
xxxHolic 171 Discussion/172 Prediction Thread

The new chapter is out, you can grab it here.

When you're done, discuss it here and predict what the next one's going to be all about :)
 
Top