Seinen xxxHolic by CLAMP

Who is your favorite xxxHOLIC character?

  • Kimihiro Watanuki

    Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Yūko Ichihara

    Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Shizuka Dōmeki

    Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Himawari Kunogi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mokona Modoki

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Kohane Tsuyuri

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Maru and Moro

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haruka Dōmeki (Shizuka's grandfather)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mugetsu (Kudakitsune)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zashiki-warashi

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Reed Clow

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other

    Votes: 1 2.2%

  • Total voters
    45

Lady Sakura-chan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
197
Reaction score
21
Gender
Female
Country
Sweden
Re: xxxHolic 173 Discussion/174 Predictions Thread

I belive that Yuko will dissapear in the end, even if I will cry if that happens...
 

watanuki01/04

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic 173 Discussion/174 Predictions Thread

Somethings has just cine to mind. I hink we have all agreed that the butterfly Kimono that Yuuko wears in the chapter and previous chapters, is the outfit she wears when in a dream. I've come to think of it like that anyway.
If we go back to when she send the TRC guys to Clow Country, did Yuuko send them whilst she was in the dream? or the real world?
Further to that, she got injured doing it by FWR (evil *******). Anyway, depending if she was in the dream world, or the real world. Was it the body, or the soul that got injured?
 

Lady Sakura-chan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
197
Reaction score
21
Gender
Female
Country
Sweden
Re: xxxHolic 173 Discussion/174 Predictions Thread

I think that it was the body that got injured when Butt-chin was striking at her. Mokona was there and I dont think that Mokona was in the dream. Stupid Butt-chin, how dare you hit a lady that way! Do anyone else gets annoyed by Doumeki? Watanuki needs more space! Hope CCS.Sakura and CCS.Syaoran shows up soon!:p
 

SirKrunk

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 20, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 173 Discussion/174 Predictions Thread

So Watanuki's going to inherit the shop, and Yuuko's going to go off... somewhere (go off to die, be with Clow, something) since her work with Watanuki is almost done (if you look at him in 172, he sounds a bit like Yuuko when he talks to the lady, showing that her teachings have sunk in a bit.).
 

Tsubasaholic

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
385
Reaction score
92
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 173 Discussion/174 Predictions Thread

I think Yuuko will leave (whether by dying or whatever other means) at the end of xxxHolic. It would sort of fit somehow. Watanuki can stand on his own now, I think that's been made pretty clear. OK, I predict tears.

CCS!Syaoran and CCS!Sakura - I have a half theory they're in Piffle!
 
Last edited:

Pointlessness413

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2008
Messages
61
Reaction score
22
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 173 Discussion/174 Predictions Thread

I don't want Yuuko to die >_< *Goes off to cry in a corner*
 

oralyon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
213
Reaction score
39
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 173 Discussion/174 Predictions Thread

CCS!Syaoran and CCS!Sakura - I have a half theory they're in Piffle!
what ? How could they. That doesn't make sense a single bit.
 

Lady Sakura-chan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
197
Reaction score
21
Gender
Female
Country
Sweden
Re: xxxHolic 173 Discussion/174 Predictions Thread

I dont see how they could be in Piffle?:blink. Tsubasaholic, do you mind
explaning your teory for us? :huh.
I`m a new member....:D

(Seriously, I think I`m in love with the smilies...):blink:tem
 

frostmourne4

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 29, 2009
Messages
32
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 173 Discussion/174 Predictions Thread

what ? How could they. That doesn't make sense a single bit.
Piffle Tomoyo is remarkably like CCS Tomoyo. It's possible that they are the same person and she went with CCS Sakura and Syaoran. I kind of doubt it though. Is that what you where getting at, Tsubasaholic?
 

Tsubasaholic

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
385
Reaction score
92
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 173 Discussion/174 Predictions Thread

I've always thought that Piffle seems to turn up a lot. All the Piffle Princess products go cropping up in other universes, and Tomoyo from Nihon was able to contact Piffle Tomoyo (yes she's a dreamseer, etc, but why did she choose Piffle?) Then also Fuma goes there to get the arm for Kurogane. Piffle seems to be much more important to the story than most of the places they visit. I don't really have much evidence, but there's one bit in Piffle when Tomoyo says, about Syaoran, "He pilots his machine very much like the one I know" - which means that she knows another Syaoran. It couldn't be R!Syaoran, so that leaves only Li Syaoran.
 

Lady Sakura-chan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
197
Reaction score
21
Gender
Female
Country
Sweden
Re: xxxHolic 173 Discussion/174 Predictions Thread

Can you give us the link Tsubasaholic?:confused:
 

ShirubiaLamperouge

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
387
Reaction score
50
Gender
Female
Country
New Zealand
Re: xxxHolic 173 Discussion/174 Predictions Thread

It does make sense, along with the fact that it's been revealed they are alive somewhere, but, well, Piffle. That world does seem to be more significant than most, but not hugely so. And the thing about xxxholic is that you're supposed to be able to read it without reading tsubasa. Then again, considering how it's been lately, maybe not, so yes they could be in Piffle.
 

Lady Sakura-chan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
197
Reaction score
21
Gender
Female
Country
Sweden
Re: xxxHolic 173 Discussion/174 Predictions Thread

If they are in Piffle then it would be funny. Hope CCS.Sakura kills Butt-chin. (Use the swordcard and stabs him. "This is for my boys." Considering what Butt-chin have done to R.Syaoran and Watanuki....she has a reson. A GOOD RESON!!!! To hell with Butt-chin (Lol, love that name...).
 

DontWakeMeUp

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2009
Messages
294
Reaction score
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 173 Discussion/174 Predictions Thread

Tsubasaholic-
That's an interesting and believable theory. It's definitely a possibility, but I'm not sure if I'm really leaning that way. Do you think you could give us the link to where Tomoyo says that?
 

Tsubasaholic

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
385
Reaction score
92
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 173 Discussion/174 Predictions Thread

Ok, that's really weird... On the online translation Tomoyo says something completely random. The Del Rey translation is the one where she says that. Anyway, the place with the quote of Tomoyo from the Del Rey version "It's true. The way he pilots his machine... is very much like the one I know." is http://www.onemanga.com/Tsubasa_Reservoir_Chronicles/83/18/, when she's smiling and looking at CSyaoran.
 
Last edited:

DontWakeMeUp

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2009
Messages
294
Reaction score
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 173 Discussion/174 Predictions Thread

Now that you've said that, the version on OM doesn't look like it fits at all. I'll definitely have to look at that when I get a chance.
-still doesn't have many of the volumes-
>.<
 

Lady Sakura-chan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
197
Reaction score
21
Gender
Female
Country
Sweden
Re: xxxHolic 173 Discussion/174 Predictions Thread

I will perhaps by that volume in two days. I can check then and tell. We have a very good mangabook store here in Sweden. Perhaps volume 12 of Holic have come out! Holic is translated to Swedish here.

You know what? Mangahelpers have become my second familiy now and I count all of you as my simblings! One huge familiy!:p
 

DontWakeMeUp

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2009
Messages
294
Reaction score
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 173 Discussion/174 Predictions Thread

Lady Sakura-chan:
You're really too sweet. :'D
I'd like to give you a proper welcome as well. :)
I'm new myself, but I've been lurking around here for months already. xD

I need to stop with the faces. ;_;
 

watanuki01/04

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic 173 Discussion/174 Predictions Thread

me too! I have nobody outside this website that i can talk about Clamp manga with!
I read CCS after i watched the anime back in school!! (feeling old now because i've now finished University and now work like an adult) And i havn't stopped reading Clamp since!

Chapter 174 out in Japan today! looking forward to reading it when the scans are out!!
 

Tsubasaholic

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
385
Reaction score
92
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 173 Discussion/174 Predictions Thread

Yay!!! Second family! I agree! I just love the community that's here on mangahelpers, it's so great to be able to talk to everyone about manga and clamp and everything!

Yay! Chapter 174! Can't wait!

Oh and btw the volume with the Tomoyo bit is in volume 12.
 
Top