Seinen xxxHolic by CLAMP

Who is your favorite xxxHOLIC character?

  • Kimihiro Watanuki

    Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Yūko Ichihara

    Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Shizuka Dōmeki

    Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Himawari Kunogi

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mokona Modoki

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Kohane Tsuyuri

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Maru and Moro

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haruka Dōmeki (Shizuka's grandfather)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mugetsu (Kudakitsune)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zashiki-warashi

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Reed Clow

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other

    Votes: 1 2.2%

  • Total voters
    45

DontWakeMeUp

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2009
Messages
294
Reaction score
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 175 Discussion/176 Prediction Thread

I'd really love to know where all of this is going... -_-;
Then again, we all would.
I was expecting a more from this chapter. =/
 

Tsubasaholic

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
385
Reaction score
92
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 175 Discussion/176 Prediction Thread

EGG!!! EGG!!! EGG!!! I'm pretty much certian the egg has something to do with the clones being OK. I've written about this on the TRC forum so I won't repeat here but C!Sakura made a wish to save C!Syaoran over it. . . Though reading over what she said when she wished to bring back his heart she said nothing about being with him afterwards. That makes me worry. . . If she doesn't ask for it her chances of happiness seriously decrease. . . Thank GOD Watanuki made her admit she wants to live. Well, whatever happens, the egg has a powerful connection to the C!s and is now in the shop with the tube that most likely contains their souls.

I'm so glad I've got xxxHolic to distract me from freaking out about TRC. . .

I'm with Kurofaikitty. That was a great chapter! It's nice to see Himawari finally having a bit more self confidence. The relationship (which I personally don't see as romantic but whatever) between Doumeki and Watanuki has really matured as well. "I'm hungry, make me food". Classic! I think xxxHolic will end with Watanuki saying goodbye to Yuuko. It would fit with the manga being about his journey of self-discovery and learning to exist. Yuuko has been his main teacher and her leaving his life would be symbolic of him having reached a more arrived place. That doesn't mean I wouldn't cry buckets though. I would like Yuuko to be able to enjoy some happiness for once.
 

Lady Sakura-chan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
197
Reaction score
21
Gender
Female
Country
Sweden
Re: xxxHolic 175 Discussion/176 Prediction Thread

The perfect ending for Watanuki would (at least according to me ) be Watanuki returning to his parents. Remember? CCS. Sakura and Syaoran waiting for their children somewhere in another world....
GAAAAAAAAA, (GETTING PISSED OF BY THE FACT THAT ANYONE DON`T CARE, THEY ARE ALIVE, THEY ARE ALIVE, THEY ARE ALIVE....DANCING AROUND IN HAPPINES...) Exuse me.

Well, yes the egg has something to do with this. AND YUKO IS NOT DEAD!!!!Anyone saying that I will.....He, he, he....:guns
 

kurofaikitty

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2009
Messages
76
Reaction score
16
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 175 Discussion/176 Prediction Thread

yeh, yukko's not dead.... yet. but w/ all the clones/people made from the distortion dissapearing ( including da egg) i think that she'll sacrifice herself for wata-chan. she even said theat a goodbye was coming, then poof, she vanished. and i don't think she's coming back. TAT. but anywho.... i think that watanuki will take over the shop, and doumeki will too. doumeki even said "our future is together" in this chapter. and plus, wata looked just like yukko when he said the hitsuzen line a few chapts back.
 

Vande

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2008
Messages
89
Reaction score
52
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

Ah blast they changed it :/
 

NymphStealer

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2008
Messages
94
Reaction score
164
Gender
Female
Country
Guam
Re: xxxHolic Manga Release Schedule

03/16 - Young Magazine #16 - No xxxHOLiC scheduled
03/23 - Young Magazine #17 - Chapter 176
03/30 - Young Magazine #18 - No xxxHOLiC scheduled
04/06 - Young Magazine #19 - Chapter 177
 

Tsubasaholic

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
385
Reaction score
92
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 175 Discussion/176 Prediction Thread

I think Yuuko is going to move on to doing something else. Whatever form that takes, xxxHolic will most likely end with her and Watanuki separating though :( It would be nice to see Watanuki with his parents again though. Warm fuzzies.

Lady Sakura-chan - nice emoticon!
 

oralyon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
213
Reaction score
39
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 175 Discussion/176 Prediction Thread

I'm thinking about that now... Maybe we passed over a fact that may be important... Remember that chapter about Watanuki and Doumeki going in a inn full of flesh eating bird. At this point, one of the bird girl seemed to be interested in Doumeki. I'm thinking... maybe that event as more relevance than we thought. Do you think it'll be important later ? Or do you think it had something to do with the egg that doumeki have ?
 

ZaCloud

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
176
Reaction score
75
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 175 Discussion/176 Prediction Thread

I'm thinking about that now... Maybe we passed over a fact that may be important... Remember that chapter about Watanuki and Doumeki going in a inn full of flesh eating bird. At this point, one of the bird girl seemed to be interested in Doumeki. I'm thinking... maybe that event as more relevance than we thought. Do you think it'll be important later ? Or do you think it had something to do with the egg that doumeki have ?
Well, either that, or she thought he might be Haruka (or at least noted quite a resemblance to him). Might have had a run-in with him before, since it is he who sent the boys on that quest in the first place.

Guess we'll seeeeee!
 

KaNx

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2007
Messages
1,033
Reaction score
8,050
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Mauritius
xxxHolic 176 Discussion/177 Prediction Thread

The new chapter is out, you can grab it here.

When you're done, discuss it here and predict what the next one's going to be all about :)
 

Lady Sakura-chan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
197
Reaction score
21
Gender
Female
Country
Sweden
Re: xxxHolic 176 Discussion/177 Prediction Thread

I can`t get there! Is there someother way? Really needs to know....:s:s:s:s
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
Re: xxxHolic 176 Discussion/177 Prediction Thread

Other way to what? If you mean the raw try this link http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/details/17563


..and if you still can't, you can send me a PM and I will send you the RAW file.


EDIT: Unless I misunderstood you :oh
 
Last edited:

wizli

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 20, 2008
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Chile
Re: xxxHolic 176 Discussion/177 Prediction Thread

Watanuki ate Himawari's cookie!. And help me, doesn't that sounds wrong... xDDD I've missed the Himawari-induced sparkles!, specially when they're produced to shut up dear Doumeki ^-^.

Doumeki and Watanuki are still such good friends, together for a quiet dinner in the otherwise deserted shop... *cough, cough* . Besides the cute scene of domestic bliss from my favorite newlywed couple xDD, we've got the food-lady acepting Watanuki's offer of rice balls for the 1st time. So Wata ate something, he liked it very much (such a cute smile!) and it's probably close to complete his 1st task as Yuuko's reeplacement.

What I don't get yet is the connection with the last Tsubasa events. Maybe original-Shaoran and Sakura's freedom and the power they gifted real-Shaoran and Sakura will get things in motion for the sake of their two children. Maybe the two futures are posible, at least Watanuki seems to be a 'real' person again...

I hope we get a good translation soon!.
 

kurofaikitty

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2009
Messages
76
Reaction score
16
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 176 Discussion/177 Prediction Thread

"Besides the cute scene of domestic bliss from my favorite newlywed couple xDD,"

eh?eheheh? what scene was this? (confused...) must have tranlations....
 

DontWakeMeUp

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2009
Messages
294
Reaction score
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 176 Discussion/177 Prediction Thread

Interesting chapter. And Yuuko's been gone a month already? What happened to her? D:

I'm still super anxious to know how it all ties together thoughhh. (Then again, I'm pretty sure all of us are. xD)
 

watanuki01/04

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic 176 Discussion/177 Prediction Thread

ooooooooo! Will that lady eat Watanuki's cooking? And if so, what will she find out about him?
I think that once she does eat his cooking, Holic will start to pick up the pace to match with TRC because i'm sure that if nothing else, Watanuki will want to try and save Yuuko from disapearing.
Although i don't think he will be able to do much without Mokona's earing to give him back his memories so he can remember about his parents and his relationship with RShaoran. WHERE IS MOKONA!!!
 

PirateFiend

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
43
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 176 Discussion/177 Prediction Thread

I certainly hope it picks up. The contrast MAY be intentional, but right now it's kind of like... the world(s) is/are ending in TRC and in xxxHolic, it's all, "Ding dong............ ding dong.........." (Leaves onigiri on doorstep.)

Explosions and magic and blood and WAH! And then... emptiness of action, absence of characters and a totally different kind of suspense. Kind of neat.
 

Tsubasaholic

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
385
Reaction score
92
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: xxxHolic 176 Discussion/177 Prediction Thread

I like how different Holic is from TRC. It's nice to have the emotional break. Though I am MADLY desparate for some news about Yuuko and TRC and the slowness does make me mildly frantic sometimes. I think the reason why the focus is so different right now is to underline how the mangas are fundamentally about two different things. Also, time flows differently between the worlds. Chances are what's taken minutes in TRC is playing out over months in xxxHolic (no DUH or else we'd have heard something from Yuuko by now).

Does anyone else feel like they are profoundly missing some very important point in xxxHolic? I do. . .
 

watanuki01/04

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
28
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: xxxHolic 176 Discussion/177 Prediction Thread

Oh God yes!! Something is missing! If Watanuki is the son of CCS S&S, where is toya, Yukito, tomoyo and eriol? I think there is still something working in the background around Watanuki.
 

ZaCloud

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
176
Reaction score
75
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: xxxHolic 176 Discussion/177 Prediction Thread

Well, I think the contrast is purely intentional, and I love it. AND, there's a third dimension to it...

See, if you just read xxxholic, so many things that Watanuki does seem to be fairly insignificant. Maybe significant to his and others' lives at times, but on a worldwide scale, insignificant. And yet, so many of these small acts have meant EVERYTHING to the characters in Tsubasa. If it weren't for items Watanuki had stumbled and mumbled to get, they might all be dead by now.

To top it off, the more Watanuki grows as an individual, the more it helps affirm the others' existences. It's emphasized in both series that, when people care about you and want you to exist, it can hurt them if you don't take care of yourself. You become part of everyone else's world. And all worlds, no matter how big or small, are extremely important.

In other words, these stories display that the life of an individual, the lives of a few, and the lives of countless worlds, are ALL equal in importance. It also further emphasizes hitsuzen; we all affect each other. The smallest act by one individual can have HUGE ramifications for millions of others. By one small, delicate, heartfelt gesture from Watanuki, an entire world he's never seen and doesn't know exists can be saved. Be it by an item he helped retrieve and is sent via Mokona, a price he's paid to Yuuko, or through the dream-world connection he shares with Sakura and Syaoran.

I think it's that connection to Syaoran, as his other self, that is vital to Tsubasa. It helps Syaoran in some great silent way, to know that Watanuki is blossoming as an individual and just plain existing. Which he is doing now more than ever. These steps he has taken; tasting food, making his own decision, helping a client without Yuuko... he is truly coming into his own.

It's not boring at all. It's beautiful and profound. Just as exciting as Tsubasa's climax, but more personal and intimate. I just love it. It's basically CLAMP telling us all, "The struggles YOU go through in your everyday life, your accomplishments, your little triumphs and revelations, could change the world. YOU are as important as the entire galaxy."

Individual lives are precious. This is a reaffirmation of that fact.
 
Top